Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ajax 99
Jul 14, 2006
Kibbles 'n bits? I think not!
Buglord

Footboy posted:

I had some issues with my Creative X-Fi sound card last night, and after several failed attempts at finding drivers, the solution the following morning was "didn't I buy a motherboard with onboard sound?"

I'm waiting to move the front-panel audio connectors to the motherboard just in case Creative gets their heads out of their asses, but I've already discovered that Windows 7 lets you route Line-In audio from one device to Line-Out on another device, which I've never been able to do before. Now I'm using USB Headphones to listen to Halo 3.

If you haven't given up yet, you might want to try the X-Fi installer package put together by Daniel_k on this page:

http://forums.creative.com/t5/Sound-Blaster/SB-X-Fi-Series-Support-Pack-2-0-05-15-2009/td-p/527485

Maybe it's the just the way his installer works and decides which files from the package to install in a particular order, but these worked perfectly for me (Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit, & X-Fi Extreme Music).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU