Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
battlemonk
Dec 10, 2008

Zoltarb posted:

Vince is 10 years behind pop culture, so no, he probably just saw an episode of Martin a couple weeks ago.

So it's more of a "Candid Camera" sort of thing, then?

E: I know, that's why I made a point of saying "whoever"; maybe another writer gave it to him and told Vince it was a good idea, trust me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonnegut Asterisk
Apr 14, 2007

Brandon, you put Pat White down this instant young man!
It's honestly probably something Truth does in the back to goof around and then someone said "Hey, that's funny, let's put it on TV."

If he was eating watermelon and Jim Crowing it up, then it would be offensive. This is just him acting like a crazy person.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
My sister had some friends who went to the Miami Smackdown and said Hardy was lying on the ground for a long time. I don't know whether they meant after the 4-way or the dark cage match with Punk. I know a few of you went so was Hardy hurt legit?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

maniacripper posted:

My sister had some friends who went to the Miami Smackdown and said Hardy was lying on the ground for a long time. I don't know whether they meant after the 4-way or the dark cage match with Punk. I know a few of you went so was Hardy hurt legit?

No.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

maniacripper posted:

Haha no your sister is a mark. He was lying on the ground a long time to sell the Walls of Jericho. This led to a hilarious moment where they announced him for the dark match, he got to his feet, did a sort of cartwheel, then fell back on the ground to continue selling the walls of jericho.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Hey, I can just post this here!

Yellowjacket Hawky posted:

RE the SD spoilers: I can't believe it took me this long to figure out, but I'm pretty sure they're just trying to make it look like CM Punk doesn't deserve the title at all! Great heelin'.

Seriously! It's an interesting heel strategy.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

quote:

* Jim Ross comes out to a huge pop while Todd Grisham receives some heat.

* A replay video package of CM Punk vs. Jeff Hardy at Night of Champions is shown.

* The opening pyro hits as the local crowd explodes.

* Jeff Hardy comes out to a massive pop to start the show. He addresses the crowd by saying this is a dream and don't wake him. He thanks everyone who stuck with him and says that CM Punk said some rotten things. Hardy says the only thing he's high on is being your World Champion. He then mentions John Morrison and says he plans to give him a fight because his title reign was too short last time. John Morrison vs. Jeff Hardy is announced as tonight's main event. Cryme Tyme comes out and celebrates with Hardy. As Jeff walks to the back, Cryme Tyme prepares for a match. A replay from last night's Raw is shown.

* Cryme Tyme b. The Hardy Dynasty to face Y2J & Big Show at SummerSlam.
- The winner gets a title shot at SummerSlam. Shad and DH Smith start the match off. The crowd is behind Cryme Tyme. JTG hits a swinging neckbreaker for the win via pinfall. After the match, Big Show and Chris Jericho come out toe major heat. Jericho warns them that things are going down hill. They continue to exchange words back and forth promoting their match at SummerSlam. Finlay & Rey Mysterio vs. Dolph Ziggler & Mike Knox is announced for later.

* Melina & Eve b. Michelle McCool & Layla

* Backstage CM Punk cuts a promo.

* Rey Mysterio & Finlay b. Dolph Ziggler & Mike Knox
- Rey gets the win via pinfall on Ziggler.

* John Morrison vs. Jeff Hardy for the World Heavyweight Championship
- Morrison makes his entrance to the ring first. Out next is the World champion, Jeff Hardy. And the match is officially underway. Great back and forth match. Jeff Hardy hits Twist of Fate, a second Swanton and gets the win via pinfall. After the match Punk comes out clapping his hands. He raises Jeff's hand, pretends to cut a promo and then hits Hardy in the head with the mic to end this week's SmackDown.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Morrison took two Swantons? Yeah, this isn't the last time he's going for the belt.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Only 4 matches? Main event must be a long one.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Batmanuel posted:

Morrison took two Swantons? Yeah, this isn't the last time he's going for the belt.

It'd be nice if he picked up a feud with Punk if he does win the title back at Summerslam.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

grody but still def posted:

SD a couple weeks ago had 3 matches, but still managed to own hard.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Batmanuel posted:

SD a couple weeks ago had 3 matches, but still managed to own hard.

Meanwhile, Raw had what, eight matches this week? And it still felt like more of a "storyline" show then a "wrestling" show.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Morrison/Hardy gonna straight up own.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

grody but still def posted:

That set of spoilers is missing Khali/Haas but that didn't technically get started since Kane was hiding under the ring but Khali saw him before the match began.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

BUTTHOLE MAGICIAN posted:

Smackdown Spoilers
It's sad that the spoilers for a 2-hour Smackdown are shorter than any set of spoilers for a 1-hour iMPACT! from back in the day.

Sounds like an awesome show.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

LividLiquid posted:

It's sad that the spoilers for a 2-hour Smackdown are shorter than any set of spoilers for a 1-hour iMPACT! from back in the day.

Sounds like an awesome show.

They'll throw in Cryme Tyme and Pretty Ricky skits to pad the show.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Preface: I started watching SD again after WrestleMania. Since then, the spoilers have always made it out to be literally a 30 minute show that is underwhelming as gently caress, but thats because none of the amazing poo poo gets conveyed through written words. When SD-day finally rolls around, the show is just incredible. I am not even worried about 4 matches, because I just know that all of them (:siren:even the divas match:siren:) will be awesome.

And that is why SmackDown loving owns qtiyd

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
I was at the show last night in the 2nd row. Punk beat the poo poo out of Hardy after he hit him with the microphone and is pretty much a full blown heel now. He actually started and stopped beating him on multiple occasions, not sure how much is going to make it on TV.

The show was pretty decent, however I missed most of ECW due to slow concession lines.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

spanky69 posted:

I was at the show last night in the 2nd row. Punk beat the poo poo out of Hardy after he hit him with the microphone and is pretty much a full blown heel now. He actually started and stopped beating him on multiple occasions, not sure how much is going to make it on TV.

The show was pretty decent, however I missed most of ECW due to slow concession lines.

Has Morrison's promo skill improved any or was it too short to tell?

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Answering my own question here. He's trying a bit too hard to be a face. Pandering a little too much and being smiling babyface. Great match with Jeff, though.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I'll watch tomorrow morning, was the end as great as people are saying?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
All i know is i didn't expect Big Show/J2J mash-up theme.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Ishin posted:

All i know is i didn't expect Big Show/J2J mash-up theme.

You can't mix Blues with Old Tyme Rock And Roll. This sounds pretty terrible but we'll see!

If they put the Big Show's vocals on top of Jericho's instrumental, that could be interesting.

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 31, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
It was a good ending. Fantastic match between Hardy and Morrison. Punk's attack afterwards incorporated the Danielson elbows and he kept coming back. Punk's rematch is next week so I'm thinking Jeff/Morrison/Punk for SummerSlam.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

It was a good ending. Fantastic match between Hardy and Morrison. Punk's attack afterwards incorporated the Danielson elbows and he kept coming back. Punk's rematch is next week so I'm thinking Jeff/Morrison/Punk for SummerSlam.

seems like punk has been driven to violence after losing the belt

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Alright the mash-up theme is terrible but hilarious, the ending is one of the most brutal beatdowns since Michelle McCool was handing them out!!

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Just got to the end of SD, marked so hard for the mic shot and elbows.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

That mic shot was awesome too, I wasn't expecting it to be that quick at all

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Maybe since they had Punk use the elbows, they're going to have him use them instead of the vice at Breaking Point.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Jericho/Show/Cryme Tyme promo owns.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
I really wish they would change cryme tyme's name and just forget they ever named them that way

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Sionistic posted:

I really wish they would change cryme tyme's name and just forget they ever named them that way

I liked their OVW name of the Gang Stars :(

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Judging by the troubled history of the Unified Tag Titles so far, if they don't win at SummerSlam one of them will probably turn on the other and dissolve the team.

Dr. Zoidborg
Mar 1, 2008

Enough already, with all the assimilating...

Umbra Dubium posted:

Judging by the troubled history of the Unified Tag Titles so far, if they don't win at SummerSlam one of them will probably turn on the other and dissolve the team.

Making room for the powerhouse tag team of Slam Masta JTG.

Horse Pro
Mar 25, 2007

Social Activist, Philanthropist, Youtube Extraordinaire

Umbra Dubium posted:

I'd mark for a worked injury angle with Big Show, and a storyline where nobody wants to be partners with Jericho because when he has them, the belts are cursed.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

nyratk1 posted:

I liked their OVW name of the Gang Stars :(

I thought they were the Neighborhoodies?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
I hope Punk gets his title back next week and has a short celebration in the ring afterwa--

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

Free Market Gravy posted:

I thought they were the Neighborhoodies?

I thought so too, but the Neighborhoodie was actually JTG's pre-WWE roster name

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

- They did an Abraham Washington segment with Shelton Benjamin and Zach Ryder and they got into a brawl.

*Ezekiel Jackson won a squash.

*Sheamus defeated Goldust. Sheamus began running down Goldust after but Dust attacked him from behind and they scuffled briefly.

*They aired a promo with Tommy Dreamer saying he was going to win the ECW title back tonight in his match and in front of his people.

*They showed ECW champion Christian Cage walking backstage carrying a car door in preparation for his Extreme Rules bout.

*Dreamer pushed out a hot dog cart with weapons. Cage had his car door. Lots of plunder early. Christian was tossed into the crowd. He hit a dropkick off the rail into a trash can Dreamer was bringing to hit him with. Cage went for a tornado DDT but Dreamer reversed it, sending Cage down onto two trash cans. Dreamer tied Christian to the tree of woe and put a can over his face, then smashed it with a crutch. Cage went to ram Dreamer with the car door but Dreamer punched him. Dreamer went for a piledriver on the car door but Cage reversed into the Killswitch and scored the pin. Real fun match and a lot more plunder then you'd expect from PG WWE. Good stuff here.

yea ok fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 5, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nyratk1
Jul 24, 2006

by Tiny Fistpump

BUTTHOLE MAGICIAN posted:

*They showed ECW champion Christian Cage walking backstage carrying a car door in preparation for his Extreme Rules bout.

*Dreamer pushed out a hot dog cart with weapons. Cage had his car door. Lots of plunder early. Christian was tossed into the crowd. He hit a dropkick off the rail into a trash can Dreamer was bringing to hit him with. Cage went for a tornado DDT but Dreamer reversed it, sending Cage down onto two trash cans. Dreamer tied Christian to the tree of woe and put a can over his face, then smashed it with a crutch. Cage went to ram Dreamer with the car door but Dreamer punched him. Dreamer went for a piledriver on the car door but Cage reversed into the Killswitch and scored the pin. Real fun match and a lot more plunder then you'd expect from PG WWE. Good stuff here.

This sounds like it owns. Car doors rule.

• Locked thread