Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

WWE accidentally leaked Jericho's tag team partner!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Ishin posted:

All i know is i didn't expect Big Show/J2J mash-up theme.

You can't mix Blues with Old Tyme Rock And Roll. This sounds pretty terrible but we'll see!

If they put the Big Show's vocals on top of Jericho's instrumental, that could be interesting.

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Jul 31, 2009

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

BUTTHOLE MAGICIAN posted:

* Kane has Ranjin Singh held captive backstage. He does a 24-style hostage video.

"WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR?!?!??!"

"Khali!"

"DAMMIT WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME"

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Crowd was chanting for Jericho the entire time anyways...

Wow. Canadians are selfish, horrible people.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

The best part was the 3 guys all holding beers behind me cheering for Punk.

Wow, what hypocrites

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Finally the debut of Drew McIntyre

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrueDNAefjo

's music!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Full spoilers:

quote:

C.M. Punk was introduced as the new World Hvt. Champion. Highlights of his SummerSlam match with Jeff hardy aired. Huge heat for Punk. Did you know Punk doesn't take anything for pain? Highlights aired of Undertaker's return at SummerSlam.

Jeff Hardy came out selling injuries to a monster pop. Punk brings up loser leaves WWE. Here we go. Hardy accepted the stipulation for tonight's main event.

Smackdown general manager Teddy Long made the match official. He also announced that the winner of the Punk vs. Hardy match would be challenged by Undertaker in a submissions match at the Breaking Point pay-per-view.

*Matt Hardy & John Morrison defeated The Hart Dynasty.

*Drew McIntyre vs. R-Truth never happened as Drew attacked before the bell, got on the mic & left.

* Maria and Melina were shown backstage. Maria wants people to be happy for her and Dolph. Melina said she saw Dolph with another woman. Dolph claimed the woman was his sister.

* Melina pinned Layla. Michelle McCool came out on crutches and sat in on commentary. Melina ended up pushing McCool over.

* Josh Matthews came out and interviewed Mike Knox. It was a quiet interview until Finlay attacked.

* Big Show and Chris Jericho defeated Cryme Tyme. This started as a singles match, but Long turned it into a tag match.

* Rey Mysterio defeated Kane by DQ. Kane was DQ'd for ramming Rey into the ring post. Great Khali came out and brawled with Kane. Khali tossed Kane out. Dolph came out and laid out Rey, which scored amazing heat.

* CM Punk defeated Jeff Hardy in a steel cage, loser leaves WWE match to retain the World Hvt. Championship. Amazing match. Hardy delivered a great speech afterward.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Is it wrong that all the way through the Punk/Hardy match, the main thought on my mind was "I can't WAIT for that neckbeard's reaction to this"?

but all this time the neckbeard...was yourself :aaa:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Matlock posted:

I'm thinking it might be possible to reverse a Hell's Gate

I'm pretty sure that's impossible.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Karmine posted:

No, seriously, if CM Punk is not your favorite wrestler, or at the very least your favorite ACTIVE wrestler, then gently caress you.

Wow he dressed up like someone else, no one else has ever done that

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Karmine posted:

If costuming oneself was what made one great then CM Punk would be near the bottom of the list.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

CM Punk will not be one of my favorite wrestlers until he gets 2 guys to pretend to be him and help him win a match.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Veg posted:

Didn't he hit it off the loving barricades in ECW?

It's about the same height considering he's standing on the barricade rather than sitting on the ropes.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

It got the "This is awesome" chant.

On one hand, that's good, on the other, I really, really hate that chant.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

It's unfortunate that the spoilers don't say HOW Punk made Hardy tap.

dickbar

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

All Undertaker has to do to make Punk tap out is hold a beer can over his lips so I don't see how he can lose this match.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

why are the greatest ones always taken away.....

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

DM Punk posted:

Don't worry, Khali will be back! But not anytime soon, because...

Yeah we know.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

CM Junk posted:

:woop:

That was a misprint.

quote:

Batista comes to the ring for an interview. He says that it was his choice to come to Smackdown because it is "a show"

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

Chilly... so bitter/jealous...

i'ma so angered to me

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Sugar Blaster posted:

the exchange involving lightning in a car and teddy long's voice being distorted.

weed limo

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I really can't believe anyone cares this much.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

maybe zack ryder died

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

nyratk1 posted:

His ghost goes "woo woo woo"

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

nyratk1 posted:

- To the backstage party. Escobar is introduced, along with his manager Vickie Guerrero.

:gizz:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Jericho and Kane are the team captains right now, but plans could change.....

And by that I mean Gran Papi V eating Drew McIntyre next week on Smackdown.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The two big factors in the difference are injuries (Raw doesn't have a single male wrestler injured, while Edge and Khali are out for Smackdown) and the title matches (select two of Punk, Batista, Rey and add them to the team).

All things being equal, the teams could have actually been evenly matched.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

An elimination match would take 30 minutes, with introductions, we're up to 45. With the Iron Man Match, that's more than half of the PPV.

There are only 3 other matches on the card, but I would think an elimination match is unlikely with Survivor Series being next month.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Oh look look look! Cena's got Orton in position! He's going for The Victory! And-- Orton just tagged out! And here comes Big Daddy V, who falls on Cena! And it is now 5 to 0!

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Atticus Finch posted:

They only had to replace 2 members of the SmackDown team, and they replace most of them? loving stupid.

Supposedly Shad was sick and couldn't wrestle tonight. If he wasn't going to be available on Sunday, that's 3 guys who need to be replaced, and 1 whose tag partner wouldn't be on the team. Better to replace them all at that point.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

CM Junk posted:

I'm glad to see either Jericho or Kane will be back in the title picture, but... Punk :smith:

Sorry kid, Punk is a loser :smug:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Havoc904 posted:

Having two tag teams with both of their partners in a triple threat against each other seems like a bit much.

Just another step in the evolution of gimmick PPVs every month.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The Shaman of Cum posted:

*CM Punk defeated Scott Armstrong with the GTS. Match of the year candidate (not really).

GOTCHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

nyratk1 posted:

yesssss yessssssssssssss I love heel Batista

He can't stand that infernal tapping noise

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

If it was Striker, he would have said "We've got music in our solar system."

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

I wonder if Punk will cut a promo on Armstrong mocking his brother (Road-Dogg) being poo poo-canned for drug use?

What year was that, and is there anyone still alive who remembers it?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

MIXED MARTIAL ARTS MATCH.

Boxing is a martial art, as is wrestling

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

Teddy Long announced that they will meet again for the Intercontinental Title next week on SmackDown in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match.

PLEASE, NO MORE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

It was set up for the interview segment, meaning they are making that the focus of the match. If it is the focus, why not make it the 1st fall?

Good point. They should put the Last Man Standing match first, then the First Blood match, and then end it with a Rollups Only match.

• Locked thread