Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jan 16, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 6, 2014

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
I somehow got roped into my first time doing corporate headshots. Serviceable?

051115 -- 01
by Kyle, on Flickr

IMG_0079
by Kyle, on Flickr

IMG_0160
by Kyle, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for the responses.

Yeah the lovely background is from trying to fix a shadow. I can do better, just need to spend more time on it.

I'll have to look for better smiles from the lady, this was toward the end so i guess it's hard to hold a good smile for long. I don't think i can do anything about his neck except use a different photo, but i can fix the lighting. I didn't notice the shine was so bad, i think i can fix that too.

I thankfully took a lot so i have some choices, but it's not something i'd do again. Was definitely a learning experience though. This was more of a favor than anything, so i'm not sweating it too much but i'd still like to learn how to do better.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Interesting guy, even if he was super pissed about the supreme court ruling:

Jesus is my boss by Kyle, on Flickr

jesus is a jew by Kyle, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Ares by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

Pukestain Pal posted:

If burn the area around the belly button....but I'm nit picking. Awesome.

Thanks. Took your advice, and made the eyes/jewelry pop more too:

for SA by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Here's another from the shoot since nobody else is posting.

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 21, 2015

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Followed a friend on his video shoot to get some stills.

kidd jupiter by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

kidd jupiter by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Workable? The lighting was garbage.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Trying out stroboscopic stuff.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Ares b&w by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 7, 2015

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
grandma by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Daytona Beach, FL by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Was really surprised with how well even ISO 4000+ shots can come out with today's sensors. There was barely enough light for me to even focus.

Relax by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Daytona Beach, FL by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 12, 2016

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
I finally got a decent shot out of my Pentax 67, what a learning curve:

Richard by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Ended up finding film i sworn i had lost:

Immokalee, FL by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Found a cool biker nearby who is letting me doing a project on him and his hoard of collectibles:

Creeper by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Creeper's Place by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Haha, i have no idea what his real name is or why it's his nickname - he's a really mellow guy. I think he's into some shady stuff so maybe he takes weird stuff as barter sometimes.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

Sludge Tank posted:

that is such a cool portrait. well done.

Thanks!

Here's his friend, another biker. Though it's super noisy sadly.

Georgia. by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 17:05 on May 26, 2016

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
This guy is my kindred spirit:

Roar at the Shore by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
I bought a $25 (badass) lamp just as an excuse to photograph this guy.

Lamp Crafters Owner by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Shooting at 4000 ISO and still getting passable photos rules:

His Piece by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
immokalee, fl by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Stylish Creeper by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

Digging this one the most of your mannequin stuff. I love those things, it's a shame at how loving much they cost though.

Secret Smiles by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Night Hawk by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Did my first bikini shoot, and with a good model too! Any ways i could have done better?

Ny by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 25, 2016

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Thanks. Well, i can try to ol' clone stamp + opacity trick on the shine if it's that bad (i swore i did that already). Not sure what to do with her face looking out of place with her body. Color balance it?

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

VelociBacon posted:

You won't be able to do much of anything about those highlights in post and it'll look worse if you try IMO. Same with the golden color that's just the makeup choice; trying to fix that is like using two different gels on your lights and trying to color correct in post.

Interesting note, thanks. I'll tell her to wear less or better make up next time. She was a good model overall, but she's still inexperienced. Maybe i'll scrap those and look for others that are less distracting. I took over 500.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

8th-snype posted:

what? why?

Why not? She was hot and i was bored and needed an assignment done. 500 goes by really fast. I just want to move more into fashion/mainstream portraits. The face thing might be my lovely editing too - i'll have to check. I sometimes have trouble getting colors/skin tones just right on black people.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

8th-snype posted:

I hope the title of your assignment is "500 bad photos of no concept, with a model that doesn't pose well, in poor light: A Study in Why I Hate Myself"

No, it's called "gently caress you."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

8th-snype posted:

That's a less creative title but at least it shows some emotion and initiative, unlike the photos you posted.

I'm not sure what your point is or why you're being a giant bitch? I told you i don't normally do fashion/mainstream portraits. This was a late assignment for class with a last-minute model. I just wanted some honest opinions which i appreciated other than "i'm a goon so i'm going to be a giant oval office because that's my only identity i cling to".

No, seriously, suck my balls.

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Oct 25, 2016

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

WOODS CLOWN MENACE posted:

you seem upset. you should try to relax a little when things are getting to you.

Nah, i'll just post more of her. Hell, i might just post all 500.

Ny, B&W by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Aww the hug box got its feelings hurt even though i didn't start it, so i literally got probated for being too "mean". Anyway here's some more of her:

Caryna posted:

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8rw4kz2Jk4 (Fstoppers, Free Lesson: How to Photograph and Retouch Swimwear Models)

You're welcome.

Thanks, that was a really good watch.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich
Nah, i'm just crazy as gently caress and this is just the internet man. Who cares. Post more pictures.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

8th-snype posted:

#1-- way to focus on her boobs not her face goonlord

#2-- extremely awkward pose, it looks so uncomfortable I imagine you were probably speaking at the time

#3-- dead looking eyes and blank facial expression, not flattering at all. Good B&W processing tho, keep that for future use.

Please continue to make excuses about why you made these bad photos and get super mad. Before you respond please consider that I made this post as a last minute school assignment, my laptop was hot, and my hugbox was on probation for calling someone a oval office.

Thanks, these are "valid criticisms" i appreciate. Her top was weird and i need to spend a lot more time editing it in the first one for sure. I didn't mean to turn this into a multi-page thing so let's just drop it.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

HookShot posted:

No, you need to focus on her face in the first place instead of her boobs. You can't save a shot with missed focus in editing, no matter how hard you try.

Oh sorry, misread. Yeah. You're right. At that point it was dark and that shoot was basically done so i probably missed the focus. I was just throwing in random poo poo just to be a jerk really.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

a cyberpunk goose posted:

cool, didn't think i'd have to unfollow you on flickr my man but here we are

Just lol at this though.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

8th-snype posted:

This is the only good one I've seen. Notice how it has things like emotion, engagement, and compositional elements. Please do try to do more like this in the future.

Thank you.

ansel autisms posted:

Nice shots my man. Can't wait to see your spread on page 3.

I do better with other forms of photography and other forms of portraits, and as i was clear to mention - it was my first bikini shoot. I'm still in school. I'll post more, but they'll be more of my style and higher quality from now on.

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

Spedman posted:

If people think your photos are garbage, learn from it and don't make those mistakes again, defensiveness/aggressiveness is not the answer.

Did you miss the parts where I said thanks to everyone who actually gave criticism? I only snapped at the guy who was a dick. His response was just as out of line as mine. I'm an aggressive person and like to be a dick back about it. But I'd rather hear constructive criticism than fake praise - that wasn't what I was after.

I thought we were done with this, funnily enough i'm the only one posting photos.

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erostratus
Jun 18, 2011

by R. Guyovich

bobmarleysghost posted:

as in, what are you saying with your photography

I got into photography as a form of self-therapy. It helps me. I get to express myself. I like taking aggressive photos just as much as a beautiful landscape really. To make up for it, here are a couple experiments i've been enjoying, some weird self-portraits that are more my style. The bikini shoot was for school and just wanted to know if my professor would like it.

Flinch by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

the return by Kyle Sonnenberg, on Flickr

Erostratus fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 27, 2016