Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I got a different type of question. So around Halloween I bought a slightly off model Blue Demon mask. Looks great, except for the nose being covered, feels great and now I want to collect some more. Does anybody here have a recommendation for a seller of wrestling masks? I got my first one at elucha.com and like I said, don't like how the mask is slightly off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Perigryn posted:

I've bought a couple of commercial grade masks from there: a blue Silver King and, funnily enough, Plata (Oro's brother). They're pretty good.
thanks man!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I didn't see a thread for this, so what DVDs/Documentaries do you guys recommend? Preferably ones on Netflix. It doesn't matter what company, subject, or year. I just want to take in some history because I'm still pretty new to wrestling.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

This will probably gonna sound stupid, but what is the Sharpshooter supposed to be hurting? Knees? Lower back? It just doesn't look that painful.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Cool, thanks. Still doesn't look painful, but I'll take your word for it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

:stare:
Yeah. Opinion changed.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

That Hogan clip brings up another question, how much farther can his hairline recede? It looks more like a beard on the back of his head.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Has there ever been a triple threat style title match were one guy sacrificed himself to get another guy the title and the third guy is trying to stop them? That seems like a classic Dibiase moment to me, but i don't know if it happened.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Uncle Ulty posted:

There was one Triple Threat Tag Team match that involved the New Age Outlaws. They wound up facing each other after a long series of tags, and the other teams wouldn't let them tag out and tried to force them to fight each other. So one of the Outlaws laid down for the other and they won the match before the other teams could break up the pin.

That's probably as close as they've come to a scenario like you are describing though.
That's it? Man, it just seems like a great heel move to play. Maybe if they can get ADR and Ricardo in a match it'll work.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I've been watching a lot of Botchamania and I love the segments where people are being interviewed about (in)famous moments that they were involved in. I've only seen two or three so far. Are there any great ones I should find?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I remember seeing a clip on botchamania with Cole and Foley commenting on a real cruddy match. Kinda like MST3K. What was the context of it?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Yup. Sounds right. It's outside and some guys just kinda stroll up to the ring from the field.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Thank goodness I don't go to TVIV, but I used to go to CD. What a painful forum to go through. If you don't have an English degree or Phd in philosophy, you can GTFO.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Deadpool posted:

Well it'll probably be back to two man next week since JBL is done now. And I'd imagine it won't be too long before Lawler is back at the rate he's recovering.
Yet again, he could retire. We just have to wait and see at this point.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm in a Royal Rumble mood. What are some good ones?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I just started up the 92 Rumble and dang! The promos are just so goofy. I like them and hope they bring back something similar. Gotta fill up them 3 hours!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Just finished the 92 Rumble and it was a he-Put that cigarette out! A hell of a match.

Any other quality ones?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Little Mac posted:

I don't want to see any all-stars/legends anything matches until Jimmy Snuka is dead and you can guarantee he won't be there.
I shook Snukas hand once, and it was so weak. Like a lady handshake. :smith:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Miles O'Brian posted:

Wheres a good place to buy masks? I want to dress as a Luchador for Halloween. I don't trust ebay in this regard, a lot of them look to be poor quality or material.

Also, I'm trying to come up with a shirt related to Lucha that doesn't have a mask on it, seeing as the mask will be on my head. Any ideas?
I got mine from elucha. Looks and feels excellent, it just takes forever to get it. They get busy around Halloween.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I did the full suit too. If you have something that looks a little retro, go with it. I had a beige suede suit with a bright orange shirt. I looked classy as all hell.

Also, masks don't work good with glasses.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Since we're lightly on the topic of Halloween, does anyone know somewhere other than Highspots for buying wrestling gear online? I plan to be Razor Ramon (trunks, pads, vest, chains, greasy hair, everything) and it's already feeling like I'll be blowing through $200 if I go through them on shipping alone.
Elucha. They hand craft all their gear at reasonable prices. They even do custom work. My mask was under $40 and is professional quality. Be warned, it takes several weeks to make.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

My group is so far Razor, Macho, Austin, Brother Love, Jake, Goldust (maybe) and Ultimate Warrior.
Make sure to post pictures.

This mask talk reminds me, I would like to start collecting masks. I was wondering who's masks I should get? Like, who is super awesome or has a super awesome mask? I mostly stuck to WWE, so I don't know all the cool masked men.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Imagine if all the crazy poo poo Hogan said was true. A wrestler that defeated a 600lb man in front of six million screaming Hulkamaniacs, that plays bass for Metallica, and starred in one of the best movies of the decade. It sounds like a Saturday morning cartoon.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

So where is Hunico and Camacho? I figured they would be ripe for the new tag division but they kinda disappeared

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Cardboard Box posted:

There's two documentaries on the history of World Class Championship Wrestling, a WWE-produced one called Triumph and Tragedy of WCCW and an unlicensed one called Heroes of World Class. Both are very good. Memphis Heat was released earlier this year, and covers Memphis Wrestling during the territory days--it was also excellent. There's also The Rise + Fall of ECW and The Rise + Fall of WCW, but the former is much, much better than the latter.
The WCW one is pretty cool if you got into wrestling later in life like I did. But you are right, ECW one is so much better because so many people were deeply and emotionally involved in the company.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Jay 2K Winger posted:

You're vastly overestimating the level of spite Vince has for the world.

Vince McMahon will never die.
It will be like the bad guy in the Sly Cooper games that is a centuries old robot owl that survives on pure hate. Except it will be a man instead of an owl and it will be hate for wrestling fans instead of a cartoon raccoon.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I always feel lost when people talk about specific moves. Is there a good visual resource to learn the differences between suplexes and such?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

There is also Hunico and Comacho once Hunico is back.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

So how did Chris Jericho wind up with a moonsault and a Boston crab as finishers? Don't get me wrong, he makes the Walls of Jericho look like it can kill. I'm just wondering why he stuck with like the two most basic moves as his big finish.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Nut Bunnies posted:

They're not bad finishers at all, but the one thing that really did hold Jericho back was the lack of an impact finisher that could conceivably be hit out of nowhere in a WM main event. He searched for years and never could come up with one.
Again, I love the finishers. When the Walls get locked in with his knee on their temple, I wince. And the Lionsault is just a little hype away from being huge like others have mentioned.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Nilbop posted:

I can't imagine anyone would be able to be close friends with Scott Steiner.

Apparently Steiner and Pete Williams are good friends. He had some good stories about him on Art if Weestling.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I just watch the next Raw/Smackdown and explain the weirdness as it arrives. It's difficult to explain all the ongoing storylines before hand.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Thauros posted:

I thought Pittsburgh was scheduled to get one of the fall PPVs this year? That sucks that we've apparently been passed over, since while I have no real desire to attend a Raw taping or house show I'd almost certainly go to a WWE PPV.

EDIT: A quick Google search shows Pittsburgh tentatively scheduled for HITC in October, I guess that changed?

Raw is coming to the burgh in March, so I guess we'll find out the PPV status then.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Himuro posted:

I think the problem is their lack of consistency with them. They need to use them far more often. I still have no clue who the divas even are.

Divas can be listed off like the 7 Dwarfs. Crazy, Gassy, Furry, Bossy, Funny, "Sexy" & Eve.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Monkeycheese posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaE7XDBwMBk

he wrestled for at least like ten more minutes after that, it was loving nasty

Jesus, Eddie. It looked like someone punched a hole in a gallon of kool aid

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Are there any good books or documentaries that show the day to day of wrestling or the work that goes into making a show or PPV?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Endless Mike posted:

Khali, Mark Henry, and Hornswaggle all travel together.

That sounds like a sitcom

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Figure four is my favorite submission because of how evil it is. Someone is driving your ankle into your knee and isn't going to let go until one of those joints snap.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Here's a good follow up question, who worked the most promotions? I bet it's Generico.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Cardboard Box posted:

considering the sheer volume of promotions that have existed from big national ones down to rinky-dink operations that perform in front of 15 people in a lodge, it's probably impossible to figure out who's worked for the most.

Hmm, that's true. What makes a promotion legitimate? Is it the talent? The size of the audience? Show quality?