Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Yo Eleven posted:

I think when he first started going by that name, we were still hearing the comments from his fellow broadcasters along the lines of "Boy, he sure does look familiar, doesn't he Jerry?" They would repeatedly say everything short of actually calling him his son.

Yeah, I definitely remember a couple of these. I also swear though that Cole muttered something like "Good move there by... King's kid." during a match on some episode of Smackdown. Maybe I dreamt it.

My favourite was probably at the start of the 2000 Rumble, when Christopher was drawn second. Lawler moaned, "I thought he was luckier than this! :(", to which JR responded with something like, "I heard he was dropped at birth.". King then gave a "Wait, what!?" response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Just about on-topic I think, Backlash 2001 was my first wrestling PPV and the Duchess of Queensbury match between William Regal and Chris Jericho remains one of my favourite wrestling things ever. All rough quotes. :)

Y2J: "We're in The Windy City... but it looks like the Duchess comes from The Uglayyy Citayyy!"

Fink: "The time limit for round one has expiiiiired!"
:bahgawd: : "Round one!?"
Heyman: Oh, I forgot to tell you about the rounds!"

:bahgawd: : "Duchess, my foot!"

(Y2J puts the Duchess in the Walls)
Heyman: "But she's a Duchess!!"
:bahgawd: : "This could cause an international incident!"

I also watched (late) WCW before I ever saw WWE and was hyped for the likes of Kronik, Chuck Palumbo, Sean O'Haire, and I really liked the Invasion at the time (remember when Booker T wanted to emulate The Rock's movie success so he went to a film studio, where he told them he was THE BOOKERMAN and they thought he said The Boogerman? Classic). I recently watched a few Invasion PPVs and I still have a bit of a soft spot for some things. I mean, not 'taker literally battering not-so-ironic stalker DDP in a cage or Perry Saturn being infatuated with a mop, but RVD being cool and Heyman on commentary and The Hurricane. Heck, even though I know the ref should never have the most heat, I do like Nick Patrick's "Curses, foiled again!" schtick when the WWE guy makes his comeback following shenanigans.

My friends and I also have a soft spot for Stone Cold beating up Booker in the supermarket post-Invasion. Everything about it, from Booker establishing that he's the villain by eating cereal out the box and the random Waldorf and Statler-esque asides with Vince and Flair, to Austin walking out of the fridge and "When the moon, hits your eye, like a biiiig, pizza pie, that's amoorrrréééé!".

In other words I really like the ridiculous and campy side of wrestling. Give me a bit to remember and I'm sure I'll have some genuinely fond memories of the weird 2002-2005 era of WWE.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I actually thought the initial concept behind the DDP-'taker feud was pretty sound. Undertaker is WWE's head of mind games and DDP is going to try and out-mind game him. Then King of the Ring happened and later DDP became an actual stalker. Really weird. Seems like most of the blame goes towards Vince for the usual reasons discussed above and towards 'taker for not taking to DDP for whatever reason.

Since we were going over "moments we love but don't seem to be very popular" before, I love Booker's interference in the King of the Ring main event. "That's! That's! Booker T! He's the WW... WCW champion!:bahgawd:", "The WCW champion has just attacked the WWF champion!". The crowd seemed to like it too, almost on par with the DDP reveal.

It was said above that Jericho wasn't very credible around this time and those more into the buyrate side of things (which I'm honestly not) have detailed quite exhaustively how much of a bust his title feud with Stone Cold was, but it's around this very same time that he arguably became my favourite wrestler. I liked how he would mock that silly Stephanie (it might be quite awkward if it was anyone else; if Vince McMahon is WWE canon's version of Satan barring the occasional legacy character face bump, then Stephanie has to be somewhere up (down?) there too) and have to take on guys I took seriously, even as an eleven year old, like Rhyno and RVD. Lots of fun.

Also, remember the running gag of Shawn Stasiak trying to attack WWE guys during interviews, only for the WWE guy to move out the way to make Shawn run into a wall without batting an eyelid and then just continuing the interview? Good times. That, and the time he tried to trick Kurt Angle by balancing a bucket of sour milk (!) over a door make me think this WWE run of his was even better than his Russo-rific WCW run: "That's... that's Meat!".

On the topic of Stasiak: is there any truth (like documented in Observers or anything) to what I think Lance Storm said about Wrestlemania X7, where the plan was that a bunch of WCW guys would come out during the McMahon-McMahon street fight and beat Vince up, before Stasiak blabbed on an Internet radio show and Vince got, well, a little miffed? That does sound like it'd be cool, especially concerning introducing these new guys, but... well, the match was cool enough anyway. We got to see Shane do the crazy cross-the-ring dropkick into a trash can and moments like that confirm that my childhood was not wasted.

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Who better than Kanyon?

The absolute highlight of the awful Undertaker/Kane vs. DDP/Kanyon cage match at Summerslam is the large "WE'RE BETTER THAN KANYON" sign focused on as the music plays.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
My favourite part about the feeble attempt to make Stasiak into the new Mr Perfect is in the reboot episode of Nitro (which people seem to regard as "not too bad" although I thought it was very bad), where one of the commentators (Tony?) tries to sell us on the credibility of the newcomer: "It's Meat! It's Meat! Look, it's Meat!". Got to love those Russo throwbacks.

Thanks for alerting me to a new OSWReview. I was going to watch Christmas movies but I think they just got trumped harder than a commercial-free episode of Monday Night Raw. Yes, I'm a dork.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I only started following wrestling stuff online around 2011 or so, but I've got to admit that the '99 Rumble is something of a guilty pleasure for me. It's filled to the brim with Russo wackiness, there are at least two occasions when there is literally nothing going on in the ring, and the wrestling's not even that good (remember when Triple H had, I think, Val Venis on the ropes during a slow brawl and he very audibly called out "If I throw you over, will you hang on????"), but... I guess it's fun because pretty much everyone gets some sort of reaction, even the jobbers. Epitomised obviously by those guys dancing to Gangrel's music.

I also can't not like Vince on commentary for the latter half. "Oh yeah, more corporate members!", "A HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS BOYS A HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!!". King's pretty good too for his heeling and insisting he could go in there and eliminate Austin himself. When Cole calls him out on this, there's a brief moment of silence before King sheepishly mutters, "D'Lo's gonna do it.". Then he pretends he's stuck and can't move when Austin starts beating up Vince at the end.

In other words, go and watch the '99 Rumble I guess.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Let the boobies hit the floor.

It seems like our little Million Dollar Princess sure has groooown in the past year!

I don't really have anything to add, I just loved the Jericho-Stephanie feud. Misogynistic? Maybe, but it's Stephanie and she hammed it up real nice.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm another one of those weird people who actually quite liked Cole/Tazz in the early part of the 2000s. I've always felt that Cole has a good voice for simply presenting things (and for speaking more strongly when the situation calls for it, not that it always works out), while Tazz, with his tougher-sounding wrestlespeak, veered towards heel but still suitably condemned Heyman/Vince/another authority figure when they were, say, punishing wrestlers by feeding them to Lesnar or Big Show. Maybe this is down to Heyman's alleged re-recording of their stuff, or maybe it's just nostalgia (as it's some of the stuff I grew up with).

Either way, they don't topple my first commentary team love of JR/Heyman. I still think their pairing in 2001 is underrated, from what I read online. I know people hate The Invasion, but they could actually make it very entertaining.

(watching, I think, RVD/Jericho at Unforgiven 2001 in a hardcore match; JR has just brought up how barbaric the match is)
Heyman: I think it's great!
:bahgawd: : Have you ever been in a hardcore match, Paul?
Heyman: ... I promoted a bunch of 'em! :haw:
(JR audio-facepalms)

I feel like Heyman was good for the "what makes a good heel commentator?" question too. Despite representing the heels in a long, all-encompassing storyline, he still put both sides over.

EDIT:

Solomonic posted:

Steve at OSW Review did a perfect "Vince on commentary" impression one time and it was pretty much exactly that, yeah. He would just get progressively more nasal instead of louder, and when he's really going it sounds like a vacuum cleaner.

One of my favourite all-time OSW Review moments! For anyone who's not seen it, I think it's around the 68 minute mark of their Summerslam 1992 review. Should be on Youtube/Vimeo.

"OHMYGOOOOODDDDDOWWAAAAAAAA!!!"

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 17, 2014

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

sticklefifer posted:

JR and Heyman either actually didn't like each other, or were both REALLY good at pretending they didn't. I remember how much it genuinely sounded like they got on each other's nerves whenever they had to call together, and Heyman often pushed the envelope so far that he probably did piss off JR occasionally anyway.

The impression I get is that JR went to bat for Heyman after Lawler left and that he enjoyed himself with him, though that's pretty much all speculation going off of slight comments they've both made.

I know folks don't like bickering commentators - I don't either usually - but coming back to those two, I actually think their bickering adds a lot to Survivor Series 2001. The Invasion wasn't really a proper WWE vs WCW/ECW storyline, but that event was the big pay-off with the "winner takes all" match. They ramped the pressure up, Heyman arrogantly yelling, "I look forward to personally firing you tomorrow night on Raw, JR!" and JR responding with "Aw, screw you Paul!" in various ways. Made it seem important I thought.

Then this happened (skip to 3:20). :allears:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

TL posted:

Then he had Kane, who'd just come back from an injury and was pretty over as a face, and beat him.

Just for reference for the person who asked the original question, this was the infamous Katie Vick feud. Highlights were Trips dressed in a Kane mask having sex with a dead body and throwing spaghetti bolognese at the camera while screaming "I screwed your brains out!", as well as Trips trying ventriloquism to put across the size of his genitals and to rail against fans who thought the storyline was dumb.

Triple H went from my favourite wrestler in January 2002 to some dude who just annoyed me by the end of that very same year, while Vince McMahon scratched his head and wondered why people were tuning out en masse.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The little doohickey in the boots is outdated. It'd be ideal if it didn't begin every theme with "Now, ENTERING THE TITANTROOOOOON!".

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I watched OSW Review's video on No Way Out 2001 yesterday and I've got to ask, why did Big Show interfere in the main event? He was feuding over the Hardcore Title at the time! Quick searching seems to indicate that Rock beat him in a no.1 contender's match at some point, was that it? Just seemed so random for an era of WWE that gets commended for being (somewhat) tightly-written.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Didn't they even end up making an angle out of the Nash-Giant botched powerbomb?

:wcw:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I was fourteen at the time of JBL's title run too, and it was one of the things that turned me off wrestling for years. I did like his entrance music though.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Shiki Dan posted:

then ANOTHER 2 week tour of Germany and the UK (Germany must've loved Bret more than David Hasslehoff)

Was German wrestling a "thing" for a bit in the early '90s? I know guys like Jericho were working small shows there (in a tent in Hamburg), often with British guys who had been stung by cultural shifts and things like World of Sport going off the air back home. WCW toured as well didn't they, when they picked up Alex Wright?

Whatever happened, it was worth it for Das Wunderkind.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Adaptabullshit posted:

It's all about availability. When wrestling is on TV in a region, it will be popular.

It also helped that Turner was a big conglomerate, so they could easily sell their shows abroad or show them on a subsidiary.

I'm sure there are a lot of eurokids from the 90s who grew up watching WCW every friday after Cartoon Networks timeshare for the day ended and the channel switched to TNT.

As a Brit kid, the first wrestling I ever saw was WCW, I think Worldwide on Channel 5, at 7pm on Fridays. I got into it late, so here I was wondering why there was a new world champion every week, or why we were supposed to take Jeff Jarrett seriously if all he did was come out and hit people with cardboard guitars. Wrestling fandom later filled me in (:russo:), but I think it's fair to say I wouldn't be a wrestling fan if WCW didn't have that slot.

The relative availability of TNA here (on a game show channel) likely explains that company's not-insignificant British fanbase too. Didn't they tour the UK a bunch of times as well?

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Also, heel Rock in 2003 was awesome. Possibly even to the extent that he might trump Stone Cold as my favourite ever top WWE star. Pairing that and his personality with The Hurricane was never not going to be good.

FIIIIIIIIIINALLLLLYYYYY!

(audience boos)

I SAID, FIIIIIIIIIIINNNNAAALLLLLLLLYYYYY!

(audience boos more)

FINALLY, THE ROCK, HAS COME BACK! TO INDIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh who gives a crap?

Meanwhile ol' Trips was trying to establish that it was he who single-handedly won the Monday Night Wars by beating various ex-WCW stars. :thumbsup:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Trips went over Kevin Nash in 2003 as well. It's not remembered as much as the others because, again, Nash was well past it anyway, and I doubt Nash cared so long as he got paid to hang out with his mates, but it's still another one to add to the pile (especially if you take note of the Triple H-beats-an-ex-WCW-star trend). The PPV on which this match took place, Bad Blood, also featured the redneck triathlon (how exactly do you manage to take one of the most entertaining performers in the history of wrestling and make him so annoying?), Scott Steiner and Test feuding over the right to abuse Stacy Keibler (with Test entering to one of the most deafening anti-pops ever), and the tag title reign of La Resistance (who were French and therefore evil, because France was against the invasion of Iraq). 2003 was not a good time for Raw.

But that said, going back to heel Rock, I just saw this clip for the first time - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXS3ToAUhF8 - and in an untelevised post-show comedy spot, The Rock manages to both put over Booker T more than Triple H ever did and still be super entertaining the whole time. Also the ending is awesome.

I'll have a question next time I swear.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Jerusalem posted:

Hell, if I remember right he openly shakes his head laughing and mouths,"No he's not" :xd:

And Dolph's just flat out like, "gently caress this poo poo!"

quote:

Well he's been trying using a hyperbaric chamber which a lot of people say is probably a crock of poo poo, so the fear is that the reason he has been getting better is purely down to because he hasn't been wrestling.

Hopefully he's fine and stays fine, because getting to see him wrestle again loving rules but I really, really don't want him getting hurt again.

Honestly, like Kurt Angle, I really don't want to see him wrestle any more, but if they're all convinced it's okay then that's that I suppose. And I guess it's better to clear him than have him saunter off to a promotion with nothing to lose and see him literally crumble into dust in the ring after an hour long ironman match.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Aphrodite posted:

Something snakey because that seems to be the tradition for pulling a guy’s arm across his face like that.

What kind of snakes do they have in England?

We have grass snakes and adders, neither of which contribute well to good wrestling move names unfortunately.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
What was the story with Gowen anyway? It's not often you see a one-legged man who can do moonsaults and stuff. Was he prone to injury? Liable to have the dreaded Attitude Problems(TM)? Or did the "gimmick" (which feels like a really shallow way of putting it but for the purposes of this discussion bear with me) just run its course too quickly? He was heavily featured in a main storyline, lost to Vince on PPV, then didn't seem to do much else.

That said, Brock repeatedly F5ing his one remaining leg into the ring post as his mother looked on with tears in her eyes is one of my first "this is actually quite scary/disturbing" wrestling moments.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Where would you put guys like Savile on the MRT scale, even if they weren't exactly best known for being wrestlers first and foremost?

I miss the Assholes thread. I'm a terrible person.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Did Hardbody Harrison ever actually do anything other than own slaves and appear in the Louis Theroux Weird Weekends episode? They're the only two things I ever hear in connection to him.

You could say that his crimes were almost as bad as the promo he cut in the documentary! :haw: (although he was actually marginally better than the dude he was paired with)

MassRafTer posted:

I loving love Ghostbusters 2.

Goddamnit MRT.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Taking it back to bad Wrestlemania main events, I don't think anyone mentioned Hogan/Slaughter? It's been a while but I remember feeling nothing but misery watching that match.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I don't think Vince cares about the health of his performers at all, but given how public Daniel Bryan was with his issues I think he does care about his image and the prospect of people throwing more Chris Benoit stories at him. Or rather, he has to care even if he doesn't want to, for the money people. I hope. I tell myself this in the hope that they don't have Daniel Bryan wrestle every week.

We talked about the worst Wrestlemania main events - which Wrestlemanias do you guys consider the worst Wrestlemanias, period?

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Apr 14, 2018

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Was the main "victory" of Triple H beating Tazz the fact that Tazz had beaten Mike Awesome for the ECW title (was it a squash, I forget?), because Awesome had just been signed by WCW as this "major acquisition" and therefore a message was being sent out to both competitors? I'm just a little bit confused otherwise, because while ECW were technically competition Vince usually seemed little more than apathetic towards them in my eyes. I don't know, I guess I'm just trying to understand the whole thing a little better.

On that note, what are some things in wrestling that just continue to confuse you to this day? Mine is GLAAD's temporary involvement with (and promotion of) the Billy and Chuck angle in 2002. Like, even before the inevitably silly conclusion* where it turns neither man is actually gay after all, the two of them were built up as heels through the classic channel of effeminacy being a big heat magnet, with them inadvertently being "uppity" and rubbing people's faces in their (non-)sexuality to garner more boos. Even as a twelve year-old it struck me as unaccommodating at best and somewhat tasteless at worst.

* except for "DID I JUST HEAR MYSELF SAY... THREE MINUTES?", that was great

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
On the other hand, CZW did a show in the middle of a field and when it got dark they had people park their cars around the ring and switch their headlights on.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Well what the hell do you wackos call gammon then.

I know this isn't a wrestling question but I'm so mad right now.

Edit don't say ham cause ham is like little slices of pig.

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 07:28 on May 15, 2018

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Does the Mountie's shock stick count?

On that note, what about TNA's electrified cage? It went BZZBZZBZZ BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

STONE COLD 64 posted:

okay being fair here tna did way more to kill that than wwe and he still has an aura of danger about him on the main roster

Didn't they even give him the gimmick of "whiny rear end in a top hat" after he started shooting on a drunk, absentee Scott Hall live on PPV? Or was that unconnected? I seem to remember him suddenly using some classic Russoisms as well.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

ColeM posted:

The year previous Vince bladed against zack 'the novelty act' gowen at Vengeance and it was brutal and completely uncalled for. Like Vince barely touched the chair and it was just a brutal gusher. Then he pinned gowen.

I believe it made a botchamania for how ridiculous it was and how out of nowhere it was.

Man, on top of the Hogan Wrestlemania match and the Undertaker Survivor Series match, Vince just loved to blade in 2003 didn't he.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
What I've heard is that Jacques punching Dynamite was the culmination of an escalating "prank war" between the four men involved, where the "pranks" in question were things like Dynamite (usually) replacing someone's pills with sugar tablets and spiking people's drinks. It supposedly got to the point where Vince McMahon - who was/is a literal manchild who loves enabling semi-malicious pranks in his company environment - had to step in and say "Okay stop it now guys actually."

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

remusclaw posted:

Much as I am not a fan of the guy, when Shane does big spots he does big loving spots. I sincerely was worried I was about to watch a guy kill himself the first time he jumped off the newer bigger Hell in a Cell.

I think the worst is the failed suplex through the set at King of the Ring versus Kurt Angle. The noise Shane's head makes when it hits the floor is so clear and awful. This also follows Angle clearly breaking his tailbone on the ramp, and he's visibly in a huge amount of pain both before and after he delivers the move.

That period of WWE just after they purchased WCW seems to be full of unnecessarily gruesome matches/spots, like they needed to do it to keep people interested. It's the first WWE I got to watch on the reg so I have a lot of nostalgia for it, but man is it terrible to watch sometimes.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Also on the topic of Summerslam 92 and being in no condition to perform, Hawk during his match on that show. It's the perfect match if you want to see a drugged up man question over several seconds whether he should sell being hit or not.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Yeah, Mabel was a happy, fun-loving fat guy who sometimes wore a crown. He was literally abducted and brainwashed on live pay-per-view by an angry death cult and thus became Viscera.

Vince McMahon, on commentary at the time, expressed his shock over one of his workers getting kidnapped and tortured by saying, "Ho ho! I don't think Mabel will ever be the same!".

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Halloween Jack posted:

I've never understood giving a wrestler a celebrity gimmick when people know that they haven't actually released any music.

Considering that "Rap is Crap" actually got into rotation on some country music stations, for all the money WCW was spending on bullshit they could've had 3 Count release a single.

I've seen people say online that Russo was really gunning for this at one point, including offering to pay for Tank Abbott to have singing lessons! I don't know if it's true, but I'm happier believing that it is.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

jesus WEP posted:

Actually he's a very - are you ready for this? - he's a very intelligent man

Hahahahaha, college!

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I figured it was because one of the boys hid their coke stash in there.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
What are the best top-to-bottom WCW PPVs? For the purposes of this question, I'll be specific and say WCW rather than NWA. It always seems like there's something really bad for every good thing on every show, though admittedly I'm not too well-up on 1992 or thereabouts.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Randaconda posted:

Great American Bash 89 is not only the best WCW ppv, but is in the running for the best ppv of all time.

Thanks! I've heard a lot about it but never watched it. I should watch it.

I've heard that 1989 and 1992 are the best years for WCW generally, and I'm quite rusty on anything before 1994 really so I appreciate any more suggestions. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

MassRafTer posted:

Bash 89 as mentioned plus Spring Stampede 94 and 99.

I think I've seen you cite Spring Stampede 99 as the last one that's really any good full stop before, so that'll be an interesting one to go back to!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

New Blood Rising

I think I've seen all of the Russo ones and had to think for a moment as to which one this was. I think it was the one where Goldberg refused to follow the script!!!, no?

On that note, what is the WORST WCW PPV? Souled Out 97?

Gaz-L posted:

Weren't the 2001 ones all pretty solid from an in-ring perspective?

I think I've seen Sin. It was okay, it just kind of felt like a party that's long been over. It's pretty cool that you can just hang out with a few people and chat, but you have this throbbing memory that the place was jumping mere hours earlier.