Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
It's a ridiculous comparison, because the 5D3 can't make phone calls or run Angry Birds. I don't know why Canon even bother trying to compete with the iPhone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Photography is more than just commissioned portraits, though. Nothing stopping you going out and taking images of people "as they really are", but I don't think it's that surprising that people mainly prefer flattering images of themselves.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Also please explain why the moon always comes out so much smaller than you expect it to in photos and fix it so it comes out the right size for me, tia.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
This image, which is really tiny in the Wikipedia article, is the most helpful part by far: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Moonillusion.png. I want a Lightroom plugin that automatically makes the moon the size perspective and my brain say it ought to be, laws of physics be damned.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Far left on the middle row at 3,730,000 is one stupid looking camera. The 500 C/M in the bottom right looks pretty sweet, though.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I want one of those high-end versions of Adobe Photoshop, presumably with the slider marked "Photo value ($)".

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

evil_bunnY posted:

gently caress your god.

Reported for god sass.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Looks as though they aren't giving it away for free after all: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4974662

Or rather, they were in that they provided you with a download and valid license key, but you're only allowed to use it if you are actually entitled to do so by having previously purchased it.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Not long since Jacobs went under, too. Are there any UK high street photo shop chains left now?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I've seen this series of painted rooms with coloured objects (of which Revenge of the Goldfish is probably the best known) she did back in the '80s before and think it's pretty cool: https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=revenge+of+the+goldfish+skoglund&tbm=isch

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

xzzy posted:

The term has less to do with photography and more to do with Apple customers and an enormous superiority complex. They don't have just a personal computer, they have a Mac. It's not just a smartphone, it's an iPhone. :smug:

I've been using Apple hardware since the 80's and the attitude has always been there, it drives me up the wall. They spent extra money to get their computer, and dammit, the world has to know about it!

I've never forgiven Apple for ditching their awesome rainbow logo, and I never will. :colbert:

Also check out their pretty ridiculous original logo.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Just take a Pentax ME.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
If you look at their other items for sale they're also selling about ten more film cameras separately. What is so special about those cameras, hmm?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Eugh, look at those OOF areas. Bokeh not sufficiently , this lens is terrible, Nikon are terrible.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

That's paper.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Santa is strapped posted:

What is up with dorkroomers who are into photography, into cycling AND work in IT? I can count like 5 including myself.

I like photography and cycling, but I don't work in IT.

I work in computer science. :smug:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

squidflakes posted:

Makes me wonder if their photography forum is also full of the Russian Pentax ME Super and Wootrovitch's sharting adventures.

Pentax ME Super nothing, it's all about the superior Zenit AM (in Pentax K mount!).

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

DJExile posted:

A fuckin' lens called Helios? That owns.

I've got a Helios 44M-2 (58mm f/2) in M42 mount. It came with an earlier Zenit of some kind attached, maybe a Zenit B? Haven't really used the camera but I sometimes put the lens on my 50D with a converter and it's quite nice.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

woot fatigue posted:

Oh I'm sorry, I can't hear you over all this SWAG.

Nice computer chair, where's the adjustable lumbar support?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Who keeps their piss jug in the bathroom? Might as well just use the toilet in that case, like an animal.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Sounds pretty cool. How are you mounting the dSLR, on macro rails or something?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Sweet, I'd love to see it. I've played about with using my 50D with my large format camera but I haven't put together a proper mount so it's a bit awkward to do at the moment.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
When I want to take some pictures I take the lens cap off the lens and put it in my pocket and when I am done taking pictures I take the lens cap out of my pocket and I put the lens cap back on the lens. It's one weird trick Chinese lens cap manufacturers don't want you to know!

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Actually I tell a lie, my Pentax ME has one of these on its 50/1.7 lenscap: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Neewer-Keepers-Holders-Camera-Pentax/dp/B0032UIGF6

It's OK but I wouldn't have bought one if the camera hadn't come with it.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

HookShot posted:

Look at this scrub with only one pocket, that's not constantly filled with other poo poo that causes the lens cap to get lost in said other poo poo.
I've only got two words and one link for you: utility kilt.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

rcman50166 posted:

Woah, relax, it was a gear sperging joke. Would the it have been funnier if I put the Glenlivet in the shot? :rolleyes:

Edit: My first custom title :dance:.

I know it'll be scant comfort after the shame of receiving such a devastating red title, but I found your joke amusing. Rates at least a smirk IMO.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Like a TLR, except without either of the Ls (I assume it still has an R though). http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kellyangood/the-pop-up-pinhole-project?ref=live

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Shame snype.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I just tried it on my Galaxy S3 device so I could smugly post about Android superiority, but it doesn't work properly on that either. :(

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Dren posted:

I like the glorifying drug use thing but *twist* I think you should do it in an old folks home. They're all sitting around all day with hardly anything to do but get mad at fox news... why wouldn't they do drugs and gently caress to liven things up? And there's no downside of wasting their lives away like there is with kids. These people are old, they've checked out. The moral hazard is gone.
Showing sad old people doing drugs because they have nothing else left in their lives is pretty much the opposite of glorifying them.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

XTimmy posted:

I'm now thinking of getting a bunch of my actor mates together and renting a hotel room for a night, but I'm terrified it wouldn't be up to Helmacrons insane vision.
Nothing like spending the night in a hotel room with a bunch of child actors and plenty of drugs.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
But he was already worried it wouldn't be up to Helmacron's standards?

Actually while I think it would be a cool shoot, I'm not sure it's that subversive. I think there's already a perception that rich young people are going to do a bunch of drugs. I'd rather see a series where drugs take the place of what people consider traditional, wholesome children's activities in some idealized yesteryear. Suntanned, happy kids shooting up in a treehouse or something. I tried to come up with more examples but actually most drugs are really impractical to combine with outdoor activities.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

XTimmy posted:

Norman Rockwell tones and textures of a shot outside a treehouse, inside, lit by the glow of a single lantern a 16 year old shoots up horse off his boy scout knife.
You have it exactly.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

casa de mi padre posted:

I was making fun of the people making stupid Anne Frank Leica jokes by taking the "joke" to its logical conclusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D_C9Ob-zI4
As the owner of a cheap desk and as a German I find that video pretty offensive. Please stop posting hate, casa de mi padre.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

woot fatigue posted:

You havin' desk problems bro?
It holds up my monitor and keyboard so I guess it's fine. But it's pretty cheap and lovely otherwise.

Someone posted a picture of a guy sitting at a desk in the portraits thread the other day and I think the photo was OK but all I could think about was how weird the desk looked because there wasn't a computer sat on it. But that didn't seem like a useful comment so I didn't say anything.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I preferred the picture with the bathroom door (on the right) open and the piss jug in full view.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

DJExile posted:

tens of thousands of pictures of muddy nipple pokes and dick bulges
SoundMonkey, new thread name please.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

big scary monsters posted:

SoundMonkey, new thread name please.
Yesss.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

krooj posted:

$1700 for a 50mm f2.5
It is faster than the Canon 50mm f1.8 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

8th-snype posted:

Destroy all cosplay, burn every anime, kill all nerds.
Hail Satan.