Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
Shield and sword. You take out anyone who is within reach, your squadmates kill the people in the rest of the room. If there is an interior door, rush for it and stand by, ready to make a second breach and/or kill any reinforcements who try to come in from other areas of the building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
Hunting for artillery sounds like a better choice than patrolling. The enemy that you might meet on patrol will likely be expecting you; with luck the Emperor's favor, the rebel artillerymen won't :ese:

Also, it seems like we're carrying an awful lot of gear. We've got to keep the sword, since melee is our best skill, and the shield complements it nicely, but with a lasgun, a shotgun, and a laspistol itseems like we're operating a bit heavy. I'd suggest leaving the shotgun behind for the moment, keeping the lasgun for range and the laspistol for backup.

Our primary weapon in close quarters should be the sword, the laspistol is weak.

Edited: Tias, I am a tremendous nerd when it comes to 40K fluff, and I think you're doing a great job so far.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
We still have 50 thrones, right? I say buy three grenades, that sounds like a sufficient number for any encounter we're likely to survive, and shouldn't weigh us down too much.

We're a loyal soldier, and this guy may be scum but he's still technically on our side, so killing him isn't an option. That's what we do to heretics.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007

Tias posted:

Searching for bigger blade and memorizing the adept noted and will be attempted in the coming update. Sleep tight, people.. :commissar:

Midsized blade, I believe. Something midway between the full-sized sword and the bayonet, along the lines of a bowie knife, kukri, or short gladius-style sword.

Unless the sword we currently have is itself short enough to be used in close quarters, then there would be no need for a replacement. Is it more like a gladius or a cavalry saber?

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007

Koorisch posted:

Really, I'd guess that if we say Yes they'll probably blow his head off :commissar:

I wouldn't think so. Sure, there are power-mad assholes and outright lunatics in the Guard hierarchy, but there are also plenty of level-headed officers and strict-but-rational commissars. If they're asking for soldiers with certain qualities (whether it be the ability to swim, climb mountains, or ignore motion sickness), it means they have a special use in mind for them. Anyone who doesn't have those qualities will almost certainly be put back into the ranks of regular soldiers, not executed.

Besides, the commanders that are running the campaign our avatar is taking part in don't seem to be the idiotic or insane type. The battle plans have seemed pretty rational so far; cold-blooded in places, yes, what with sending in the penal legions first to take the worst of the casualties, but that's why it's a penal legion.

Will the mission be dangerous? Sure. It's a war zone, after all. But Quint is a loyal soldier, so he will say "No," and put himself on the list for whatever new mission is coming up.

Thought for the day: Serve the Emperor today, tomorrow you may be dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007

Boners Malone posted:

I'd probably want to know the reputation of this particular stormtrooper unit if the scuttlebutt has word on how they operate.

This, and also see if we can find out exactly what kind of unit they are. Are they schola troops, raised together since childhood? If so, we're going to be an outsider, and while we can count on them being highly skilled, we can't necessarily rely on them to watch our back like a member of our own squad might.

On the other hand, if they're made up of veteran regular troops who get brought in after a certain record of success, I could see things going two different ways. They could either see us as a possible future addition to their ranks, which would be great since they might give us some pointers on surviving, or they could see us as an upstart who's in over his head, which could have unfortunate consequences (such as being left behind, because they don't think we're worth having along with them).

• Locked thread