Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hive World! Never seeing the sun breeds character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Rodiah
Swim
Practical

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Cain and Jaghatai are good to me.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Assault with the command, it should be a good way to show your initiative, talents, and devotion to the Emperor to the command.

The shield would also be good, hopefully it can take a las shot or two and let me come to grips with the enemy instead of being shot down.

(That sounds a lot better)

TheKingslayer fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Sep 20, 2009

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"FOR THE EMPEROR!" I take a low stance, cover up with the shield and throw my lasgun over the top SWAT style and follow Cpl. Tilla into hell, trying my best to cover him while he moves up and plants the grenade. Once the grenade is down I stack up around the side of the door, just like training, wait for it to blow and start clearing the place.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm not demolition trained and Cpl. Tilla seems to know his poo poo, let him set it up.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Point man is a sure way to get killed, unless you're told point, hang back a bit and go shield and laspistol since a sword may not be ideal in such close confines.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hunting Artillery might be the better option, especially seeing how bad the enemy is at protecting their positions and the crews certainly won't be expecting a surprise scout attack. It will also spare the lives of fellow guardsmen to halt the shelling. Potentially even turn the guns back on them

The shield was excellent for the initial assault but we're gonna need to travel light for the scout mission, a sword, laspistol, and lascarbine (if I can secure one).

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

No more unwholesome than anything that went on in the hive, everyone's got to make a living. I agree with buying three, but trying to remember this one's face for later, never know when you might need something else off the books, or to turn someone in to save your rear end. After that spend some time going over the explosives instructions seeing as that's a pretty serious thing to screw up on.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I have an alternative strategy.

Trantor and Atrix go for the fire team. They can lob a grenade into the enemy's midst, pick off whomever's left with closer weapons. Zetkin and Hax should snipe the artillery crew immediately before the grenade goes off, then aid Trantor and Atrix if needed. Coordination is key!

I mean, it would almost make more sense to have three men go for the fire team, but Rat's done enough Almost Dying in Entertaining and Dangerous Ways lately to go with them. And he can't be the lone gunman, because there's just too much glory in that. So, my compromise. And it was unintentional to put on the assault team the two dudes you mentioned likely to die, Tias.

This sounds excellent, cover all your bases.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

All in a days work slaughtering rebel scum.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Being wounded and sent into the field is no good, time to see the medic.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Being able to hit your target and not be hit are vital skills I think. Let's do it.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm gonna have to go with no, keep Quint's head low on this one.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench posted:

If that's what you want to do might want to re-read how he phrased things.

Oops, that's what I get for reading on the run. I'm not gonna worry about fixing it though, I screwed up.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Well it's a for sure blood bath landing on that beach. The infiltration could be just as dangerous, though it could be fairly easy and allow us to possibly take care of our people in some way.

Let's go with the Spec Ops and see what happens, get a better reputation as go-getters.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hey I personally don't like water and the idea of being shot at while over the water is very bad.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Assault

There's no telling what could happen if this thing breaks through and speeds on.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Go for the pincer. Tilla will have to hang on until the threat is eliminated, otherwise the entire squad is at risk for one person.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

If we don't hold against the leader an evac won't do us any good.

Death or glory!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

You can't win 'em all. Soft spend and live for the next battle.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Socialize with your best buds.

Bad morale is like being defeated from the start. Plus you look like a pretty hard rear end leader showing up with one arm to improve morale.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Let's go for a nice but Subtle Arm. Less is more sometimes.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Arm

You can always get meds for an infection... hopefully :ohdear:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'd be careful about letting a guy with one arm get seen during a bionic limb heist.

Recon and bribe while trying to make Quint's lack of arm less noticeable.

He can wear a heavy coat or something.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

A
Without the men and women who stood beside you, you are just a single man alone against the horrors of the galaxy. Only in unity can the servants of the Emperor hold the light against the darkness and carry humanity forward into the future. A planet may die but humanity will carry forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Option 10

• Locked thread