Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Just caught up on the thread and I'll be following and voting now. Just to sate my own curiosity about how it would be handled in this game: How would Colonel Schaeffer be handled? In the books the reason he is hardly ever injured and always succeeds is given that it is because his faith in the Emperor is absolute. Would that just count as having a ton of fate points? Also would it be possible for Quint to reach a similar level of sheer bad assery?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Those sound good. I lack the books myself so I'll just trust the first thing I read.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Overall a pretty good day off I'd say. Also I'm going to assume that good carousal roll is going to make Flavia more eager to watch Quint's back (or at least not accidentally kill Quint).

I'll be voting No. We must take every opportunity to serve the Emperor. Also we might get stuck walking through minefields or something instead of flying over them if we lie.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

TheKingslayer posted:

I'm gonna have to go with no, keep Quint's head low on this one.

If that's what you want to do might want to re-read how he phrased things.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Koorisch posted:

Plus we might get some sweet toys to help us in the Spec-ops mission, like a sniper rifle or some heavy stuff :black101:

If we go on this spec-ops mission we should stick near whoever has the biggest (or ancient-est) gun on the off chance he gets killed and we can nab it.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
I'm voting 2 displaying more courage under fire is always a good thing! Gives us more of a chance to display it again.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
I'm thinking use the petrol bombs or maybe something the commandos brought along. Frags just seem like a great way to call in artillery right on our heads. The traitors probably have every inch of the beach already zeroed in on their guns too.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Tias posted:

Nice. And list of skills

Always good to see our service to the Emperor being rewarded. I'd like to know how important is swim? Are we likely to drown without it? And what are pistol: primitive and thrown: primitive?

I think maybe we should decide on a course of skills to follow to get Quint nice and specialized for one thing.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Are the skills with primitives required for the higher tech stuff?

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Swimming and sound constitution seem like solid choices for now.

As for planning ahead I think it'd be best if we made Quint as tough as possible while also working on his melee skills. And abilities like quick draw that save us actions are always good.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
But we can take it 4 times, 4 extra wounds sounds like a good way to avoid death by failing rolls against other things.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

wjs5 posted:

Well yeah at 100 xp per wound.... i think the other skills are more important right now. That is 400 xp right there quick draw would allow us to shoot first and not take at least one shot which can be more than one wound. Swimming would allow us to you know not drown if the boat gets hit.

Don't forget we're just one guardsmen with some tissue paper and faith in the Emperor to protect us. I'm thinking about that inevitable time we get trapped in a room with a frag, or some pilot decides to make a strafing run on a column we're marching in.

edit: I mean we should work the extra wounds in as we have XP to spare. We're about to land in a beach assault, not likely to have any situations where we need to be drawing a weapon quickly. We're going in expecting to fight.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

wjs5 posted:

Hmm our total wounds are 11 and we are at 9 now so i guess we will recover those before the attack I see what you are saying not likly to get snuck up on hmm.... I suppose it could wait until next xp upgrade let me look at the book real quick

edit hmmm I am not sure now well i guess I will just see wich one wins and then we can look at what to get if we live =/
If we die next time around I'll vote your way on the next vote, and if we don't die I get yours. Sound good?

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

wjs5 posted:

Well if we die it would be partially my fault if its from not quite enough wounds. I mean if we get unlucky and get hit by to much stuff it wount matter either way. Lets just get through this and we can discuss the next one before we (at least the two of us) vote that sound good?

I was making a joke seeing as how there wouldn't be any more votes if we died. But it does sound good.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
East Beach this weapon isn't a flamer, flamers are bad. They burn you crispy and are rather hard to dodge. Also we might find some sweet loot on the guys that use a weird weapon.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

bobvonunheil posted:

Are YOU suggesting that praising the Emperor was ever in question? :commissar:

Next time we're in camp we need to get a confessor or priest or someone to start making us some purity seals.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Move closer and purify the heathen with the heat of our lasfire and faith.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Commissars got nothing on Psykers.

Have you seen how fancy their hats are?

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Rear echelon. We serve the emperor however we are best suited, and I think we're best suited to be deployed as a result of being the tool for the job. Taking care of that psyker should show our unit is more than suited for tasks other than being fed into a meat grinder.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Before I jump on the guerilla warfare bandwagon I would just like to point out that these are agents of chaos we're dealing with. Giant mountains of corpses are just decoration for them and leaving scalped corpses around will probably be seen as a sign that we're just weak and unable to do worse to them. I mean we could survive and do hit and runs on their supplies but if these are daemon spawn like the last update hinted at they wouldn't have supplies. We're best off with a straight up fight with some nasty tricks setup.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Massacre and hide the bodies.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

ODC posted:

Or do not hide them all, to sow the seeds of doubt in those who might pretend to fight against the Emperor.

The enemy is tainted by chaos, anything we attempt to do to scare them will just make them laugh as they've seen and done far worse for entertainment.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Which sunday?

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Pops posted:

Take your time, man, sounds like things suck right now. Sorting out real life takes precedence over playing a game for the benefit of the internet.

Yeah this, thanks for taking the time to explain too!

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
I'll have to vote for Inquiry since asking around for info seems to be pretty helpful so far, I'd change for one of the lores if they end up popular.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Rapid reload and Sound Con.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Pops posted:

This is going to be either awesome, or a bloodbath.

Voting for Plan Awesome Bloodbath

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
I just realized that the shield probably won't stop his rifle at all.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Pops posted:

In the immortal last words of so many stalwart Guardsmen, "Well, poo poo." You're right, it was a house rule of sorts back on Page 3 that allowed the shield to boost our overall armor rating by four. Ordinarily it helps defense in melee and not much else.

It still helps, though. All we need is for the shield to slow his rifle fire down long enough for us to keep him pointed in the wrong direction. That just has to last until either Ox's machine gun bullets reach him, or we do. If the dice go our way, we could still make this work. We did bayonet-charge that cultist psyker back on the beach landing, after all, and settled his hash but good. Never underestimate the power of a crazy man sprinting at you with live grenades and screaming, while bombs and machine guns go off in the background.

Weapons double-checked and prayers said, let's do this.:rock:

Yeah what are fate points for anyway!

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
I think we should hurry back to the lines with what we have and assist in better preparing the position for another defense and conserve fate points if at all possible We've already burnt 2 for the day and we're pretty beat up as is. I'd think it'd be best we kept the last as a sorta safety.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
I say we do our best to find out what we can about these "special forces" and do our best to get where we can fight alongside them, maybe our old stormtrooper buddies can help? Also stock up on ammo and check for any new weapons we can get our grubby little mitts on.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

KGBAgent185 posted:

After all the heroics and poo poo this guy has been through, you'd think he'd be ready for some paperwork to fill out or peeling some damned potatoes.

This is nothing. There is no relativism in the eyes of the emperor!

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
What could we look forward to if we saved a bit more? We've gathered a good few starting talents and skills so maybe we should invest into one nice big thing before working up in more increments.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

ookuwagata posted:

Ask about the special forces

...Conversely they could be Ordo Hereticus, in which case we would want to steer the gently caress clear of them.

Well as long as we aren't a blank, a psyker or a heretic we won't be killed for sure by them! Besides, dying a glorious death working for and alongside our betters is what every Guardsman should aspire to.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Chalk me up for some more Inquiry and checking out the SF .

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Type 23

Death is the best part of any Dark Heresy game.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
I'll agree with the above two ideas in that we open up with all the shooty and boom we can on these guys and get rid of them.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
Count me as another vote for Reinforce the Arsetarts! Through our own faith we know we can serve the Emperor best alongside his best.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Signal posted:

Don't bother with the shield, I'd say. It takes too much time, time that we may not have. There hasn't been any activity in our doorway, and so it's unlikely that any traitors have it covered. A quick peek around the doorframe should be enough to give us a basic idea of what's going on inside without causing undue delay.

We should give the rest of 2nd squad (how many do we have again?) our basic plan first, and then be prepared to alter it based on what we see as we go in. Our best use would probably be to suppress the traitors, especially the one with the meltagun, or plasma cannon, or whatever horrible death-dealer we're facing. The Astartes are obviously the most potent weapon we have on our side, but we need to free them up to react. If we can force the traitors to keep their heads down, it will give the Space Marines time to force through the traitor scum.

I propose that we glance quickly through, tell the squad our intent (Let's buy the Astartes some breathing room!) and move inwards. Take up firing positions where we can fire from safely (even if it's relatively blind fire around cover, it still helps the shock of our assault) and be ready to either shift the squad into a better position, or pile it on with everything we have (including grenades)
These are the words I would use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Signal posted:

I still think that we don't have much of a choice other than put our trust in our shotgun and the Emperor.

I'll go along with this.

• Locked thread