Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobo85
Apr 21, 2007

I've just insulted the macaroni and cheese recipe of a whale! What part of that is not evil?
As Michael Jackson prepares for the final concert tour that will never come, he wows the crowd once more in an entertaining behind-the-scenes documentary/concert film that will make you wish he lived to see it to its completion, even if you're a casual fan of the King of Pop like I am. The few ridiculous portions made for the concert are overshadowed by the highlights, including Smooth Criminal (featuring clever computer-enhanced scenes of Jackson evading a gun-toting Humphrey Bogart in clips from old movies) and Thriller (a portion originally meant to be filmed in 3-D, with lots of undead creeping and dancing and a giant mechanical spider Jackson climbs out of). If nothing else, Jackson was an excellent singer/songwriter and a master showman, and this film is a testament to that.

4/5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
This was absolutely incredible. I don't know what else I can say. It's a special kind of magic, and last of its kind. I had a ticket to the first 2010 show of these concerts, and after seeing what was undoubtedly his best vocals since his 80s tours as well as the out-of-this-world stage production and choreography, all I could think was "what an incredible loss". People were weeping left and right throughout the movie. The energy and love displayed during the building process of these shows was something special to behold.

I'm glad the public will get to see this side of Michael, and it will certainly cement his status as one of the most talented and incredible entertainers to ever grace the planet. He never lost it.

One of the best moviegoing experiences I could possibly imagine; you do yourself a great disservice to miss out on this one.

5/5

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
I've never been a huge Michael Jackson fan and I was brought to the movie tonight by my wife. All I can say is wow. This film really depressed me because after seeing it I would have given anything to see the finished production. Not being able to see the show is a huge loss to everyone. All of his weirdness and personal issues aside, this film proves how much he cared about what he did and what the fans would see. Truly disappointing and heart-wrenching that his vision for the tour never came to fruition.

4.5/5