Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I too prefer the X series, simply because I can dash everywhere at blinding speed. I really hate what the X series has become though and I really hope they do an X9 that's an SNES remake, ie: MM9 and 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
All of you wanting MML3... I hate everyone of you. X9 forever

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

blackguy32 posted:

This always happens the moment someone states a high profile game will get released for PSP only. It happened for Peace Walker, it happened for Valkyria Chronicles 2 and now its happening for MML3. Usually its because people don't want to spend the money to buy a portable to play said game. In the PSP's case, it was because they feel it doesn't have enough good games.

I usually break down and get the system and realize that there is alot more out there than I gave credit for.

I think it's more of the tiny rear end screen that people are complaining about. I bought a converter for the PSP that will output on a television which helps a little bit but of course it looks like poo poo.

Portables are great for long waits at the doctors office, long car rides or any event where you're waiting but that's about the only advantage they offer.

I much prefer console games so I don't have to strain my neck and eyes staring at a screen barely larger than an iphone.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
So why did X6 suddenly make it so the Zero and X in the Zero games had to be copies? I never fully understood the garbled horseshit that X6's translation was.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

blackguy32 posted:

Then X6 comes out and Zero is alive again somehow and X is still doing the same poo poo he always was.

But they totally explained how Zero came back! I believe the exact quote by Zero was "I hid myself while I repaired myself."

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know. From what it says, Inafune basically pushed for this game to get made despite Capcom not believing it was a worthwhile investment and then as soon as they started investing in it he left the company to start his own things and wanted them to hire him back under a contract to keep working on it. I'm not exactly sure how that speaking positively of Inafune since he basically went "Hey, make this game. Welp, I'm out, hire me under independent contract if you want me to finish it."

I'm completely sympathetic to the guy getting burned out or wanting to move on, but wanting to move on and then expecting the people you just left to hire you back as an independent contractor is something else entirely.

I acknowledge I have total ignorance of how the game industry works but wouldn't this be a benefit for Capcom? He was pretty high up there before he left, so wouldn't being hired on as an independent contractor be less of an investment for Capcom?

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I remember hating that game since I had the GBA version which forces you to double-tap the forward button to do Bass' dash. I recall it registered about 30% of the time, for the other 70% Bass would just chicken walk a few steps forward.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
So uhhh... is this something we have to buy to keep the Mega Man IP alive? Because this game looks so loving awful I'm not even sure if it's worth it at this point.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

CloseFriend posted:

I'm just posting this because I made this whole thing before I realized I didn't make it for anyone but me. Ah, well. I'm pretty happy with the way it looks.

EDIT: For the record, I am more than aware that I need to get out more.

Dude that's loving awesome and I hope you have a lot of fun with that. You shouldn't be ashamed of spending so much time on a hobby though, I've been wanting to make a board game myself for a while.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Mister Roboto posted:

Again, people forget the earlier games...the first Yellow Devil is pretty much impossible. I don't know how any kid beat him without the elec cheat.

I don't know, I had a lot more trouble with the clone Megaman who unleashes the ultimate weapon of "walking up to you and pacing back and forth so you're constantly taking damage because you can't get any distance from him."

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Such a shame that we'll never see such an incredibly unique and ground breaking FPS like that one was shaping up to be

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

blackguy32 posted:

At this point, I really don't know what people want from a Mega Man X game other than X1-X4 repeated until the end of time.

Sounds great to me

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

horriblePencilist posted:

Wasn't Retro working on a Megaman X FPS before it got trashed as well?

It was also kinda poo poo!

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Gammatron 64 posted:

Then Zero just came back with no explanation in X6 and they forgot about the whole thing.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I think it's more fun when you get to make the box yourself!

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

X4 sigma is pretty easy to no hit, but fuuuuuck nightmare mother, never had a no damage run survive her.

Even if I like X6, I can't abide that fight

A no damage x6 run sounds horrifically frustrating

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Stink Terios posted:

Then I guess you just need to pratice more.

I used to think X4's final bosses were borderline impossible at first, but some time ago I decided to play it again and they were pretty much a cakewalk.
Every attack is very well telegraphed and has a safe way to dodge it. Some of the best final bosses in the franchise.

I still don't know how you're supposed to dodge that move where he sucks in a bunch of debris and spits it back out

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Neurolimal posted:

I still feel that X5 was the best of the latter X games; multiple neat suits and secrets, proto-cyber elf customizing system, interesting metagoal, and some fun varied stages.

Basically X6 but not insanely obnoxious and filled with permadeath reploids.

X5 isn't insanely obnoxious? Everytime I start a new game I immediately regret it when Alia pops up to tell me spikes are bad

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
The cool thing about 20XX is that the controls are so unbelievably tight that you can swiftly dodge most everything the game throws at you

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Phantasium posted:

I say try to find a movement option that's satisfying to use but isn't sliding or dashing. I have no idea what that would be because I am not clever.

Edit: But with that concept art of Mega Man I can see the boss weapons doing more for you than being just weapons.

I don't see what's wrong with sliding or dashing. Megaman doesn't move fast enough to dodge reliably so without sliding/dashing he gets thwarted by the ultimate attack of "walking slowly towards megaman"

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Gammatron 64 posted:

A part of me really wants Mega Man X9, but I also want it so X6 and X7 never existed, so maybe just make Shin Rockman X6': what actually happened

They should just buy Corrupted from the guy making it and release it on consoles and call it X9, it's better than what we would normally get which is absolutely nothing forever

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
It's funny I consider myself a huge fan of classic megaman, the number of times I've beaten every entry is probably in the three digits, yet I couldn't tell you what any of the weapons do because I pretty much just use the p buster 100% of the time

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
I like Mighty Gunvolt Burst and all but what is the point of all these different characters if they aren't gonna make new stages or anything? The game encourages you to play through stages multiple times every playthrough so by the time this DLC releases most people will have already played every stage like a dozen times already

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Losing faith in what? One man projects take a while

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

puppets freak me out posted:

Kinda reminds me of the platforming stages in ActRaiser, but with a little bit more depth.

So... ActRaiser 2 then?

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Also I'm going to preemptively state "gently caress you" to the inevitable post making GBS threads on ActRaiser 2 because that's a good game and doesn't get 1% the recognition it deserves :colbert:

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Just delete all of X7's code and paste the entirety of megamansoccer.smc in it's place and even if it just crashes to a blank screen it would be a fantastic improvement imo

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Gammatron 64 posted:

In X2, X3 and X4 they kept saying that X and Zero would have a final climactic battle and that never really happened. Well, I mean, it did in X5, but the actual battle was so bleh. Should have been more like Omega Zero in Zero 3.

After years and years of buildup I love that the big climatic battle was literally "cmon Zero let's go back to base" "NO" "I can't believe it's finally come to this!!!"

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
The music is great and uhh metal shark player's stage is pretty cool. What about those things huh??

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
That spotlight bullshit is probably the dumbest loving thing in X6 and considering how much bullshit is in X6 that's saying a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Double tap dash on GBA was absolutely 100% unplayable. It seriously only registered about 1/3rd of the time and I have NO idea how it got past any form of quality control.