Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

part of the reason i was so annoyed everton didn't get CL football.

they did, they were just poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Vando posted:

Apollo 13 is probably the best fit.

Starring Liverpool's finances as liquid oxygen tank #2

lmao

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TyChan posted:

How many people does it take to sell a Merseyside football club?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article7020022.ece

Before the economic climate changed for the worse, the American duo turned down an offer from Dubai worth almost £500 million — a deal that would have allowed each of the owners to walk away with a clear profit in the region of £125 million.

ffs

also

Ambani, 52, is said to be worth $19.5 billion (about £12.5 billion) — more than the combined worth of Sheikh Mansour and Roman Abramovich — from his investment in Reliance Industries, a petrochemicals giant, according to Forbes business magazine.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

A single arsenal player at the bottom. Though i'm sure arsharvin, fab and gallas are all on the same.

ashley cole has had to close his laptop because he's shaking with rage

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

cheese posted:

Hehe

"This just in. Ahead of Real Madrid's second leg CL clash against Lyon, facing a 1-0 deficit, Real Madrid have bought the entire starting XI of Lyon!"

wish we'd bought some of reading's players

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TyChan posted:

Holy crap. I didn't realize Redknapp had a record like that.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
wish a steinbrenner would buy us

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TyChan posted:

Rafa Benitez gets fired and rehired 5 times over a 10 year period.

yes roy come in i'm glad you're here oh it's lunchtime i wonder what the wife gave me for lunch today

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Mickolution posted:

A calzone, surely?

i cant think of any more steinbrenner quotes off the top of my head :I

at least if they did buy us and it all went to poo poo we'd be able to burst into a room and go "STEINBRENNER! he's drivin' me crazy! he's ruinin this team!"

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Mickolution posted:

Yeah, all I can think of is when George met Castro and he was just like Steinbrenner and when George left his car at the Stadium and when Steinbrenner came to tell his parents, he and Frank got into an argument over trades.

ahaha i LOVE the castro bit

i tell you if i wasnt a fascist dictator i might have been in a bit of trouble that day

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TyChan posted:

HIcks is going to be in more trouble if he exits from the Liverpool sale with no profit at all. The sale of the Texas Rangers still leaves him somewhat vulnerable.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gB7_q42vn6pVMhH1hb5mnOMtAOJgD9HDIHM01

The creditors looking for payment on the debt he incurred with the Texas Rangers might nto be able to go after Liverpool itself, but they're going to be looking for a lot of money from him from somewhere and he was counting on proceeds from a sale of Liverpool to make a dent in that.

:dance:

if he makes nothing and that puts him in financial trouble oh man oh man

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Outrespective posted:

Bracewell and the rest

lol i always thought he was called bakewell

well see ya

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
lol who supports a bunch of dogs wtf

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
50m increase in revenue for city in the last year, obviously they've spent a lot more than that but it must be an encouraging sign to be up 9 places (realpost)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
yeah i would imagine the minute it looks like united won't be making enough money for the glazers to keep the club running and still cream off enough for themselves they'll put it up for sale

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Taff posted:

Good news, I do indeed. Heres a small portion of the horrors that awaited me when I came to work that day

dear god....

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
liverpool ceo ian ayres says they're looking at naming rights partners for the stadium (which seems to confirm they're going to build a new one?)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

vyelkin posted:

On the bright side, tickets and merchandise would be cheaper as everything Arsenal-related would be produced by Asian children.

as opposed to everything arsenal do being produced by african childraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayougettheidea

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
5.5m a year shirt sponsor for a club like arsenal, that's crazy. ours is 20m a year and that was secured during the club's worst season in 11 years or whatever

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
i think you'll find most of trp retired from professional football in solidarity with wayne bridge

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Dudley posted:

I would have but I retired with Dean Ashton.

rip im sorry im so sorry rip rip

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Bacon of the Sea posted:

QPR are mean rich, their owners combined wealth dwarfs Man City. Abramovich is worth £8bn, Lakshmi Mittal who owns 20% of QPR is worth £18bn. Ecclestone is worth another couple of billion, Briatore another billion or so.

Loftus Road's tiny too. I really think they give no fucks about who's paying them, they've just decided to maximise the £ for the seats available.

i thought abramovich was about 15bn?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
crosspost

someone mentioned secondary sponsors the other day and how good united are at bringing in extra revenue with them, and it seems liverpool have taken another step in the right direction by announcing a three year deal with honda motorbikes

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
how can you t

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

TelekineticBear! posted:

I wish I was a football agent, financially exploiting people denied a proper education sounds like a right laugh

Why not just open a shop in Scotland :D

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

euroboy posted:

Going back to players doing weird things. John Arne Riise has sold exclusive rights to his wedding (his third one iirc) to.. Betsson. Not a magazine or media agency, but a betting site.

He's the Ric Flair of footballers (wøøø)

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
327k euros a week

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

You're not wrong there

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Adulterous Hitler posted:

I like how nobody mentions Lippi makeing a shitload of soccerbux for managing a team of literal amateurs.
And Moyes making more than Klopp lol.

Nice meltdown

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Crazy Ted posted:

And fifteen years worth of dehydrated food stock.

That's no way to talk about Wenger

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Lol I want to say I can't believe how blatant they've been about it but it's uefa

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

The Big Taff Man posted:

City being listed lowest is because of there being a very small amount of disabled spaces at a really low price isnt it?

Oh so you've got a city season ticket too

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Dudley posted:

Kinda surprised not to see 3 layers of stewards.

you have to pay stewards

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

The Big Taff Man posted:

I think all these deals are cool and ftw and dont know what your problem is with them. Count the cash bi**hes

I thought we weren't allowed to post real names, and why is only kwagga counting the cash

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
https://twitter.com/masonecho/status/565198708770627584

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

serious gaylord posted:

Get rid of group stages imo they just exist to keep the big teams in and avoid any upsets.

:(

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

The one thing Christian Purslow is legitimately good at, gently caress me he's good at sponsorships

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Can't remember if this got posted

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

pik_d posted:

Well, you wouldn't.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Jose posted:

its a good thing the TRP rich man with all the contacts supports all the best clubs

your dad?

• Locked thread