Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

VikingSkull posted:

it's fun to gently caress with BMW owners I dunno what to tell you guys

maybe if they were normal participants in the human race I'd cut them some slack and allow them to pass me on the shoulder doing 65 in a 45

He was probably on his way to an important meeting or golf tee time, you should have gotten out of the way. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Mr. Wiggles posted:

While those are nice cars, there's just something so patriotic about a nice big trunk.

Good sir, are you in some way implying that the Corvette, America's sports car is unpatriotic?

Only a vile communist traitor would say such a thing.

VikingSkull posted:

it's fun to gently caress with BMW owners I dunno what to tell you guys

maybe if they were normal participants in the human race I'd cut them some slack and allow them to pass me on the shoulder doing 65 in a 45

Funny, I was just about to post about asking why Ram drivers are always such pricks that never want to let you merge in. :mad:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I cannot defend Ram owners

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
y'all don't have anything to brag about until someone cuts you off and you PIT them in retaliation

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

"Goddammit Nancy, shut your fuckin' door!"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

I cannot defend Ram owners

I can. Allow me.

Quit picking on the slow kids, assholes. Give them a little credit for being as functional as they are, and knowing which direction to point their PRNDL knob to make the truck go.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

We should all feel bad for BMW owners, driven as they are by pompous narcissism fueled by their insecurity over being unable to afford the Porsche they really wanted.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So many of you people are poor and bitter about it, and that makes me sad.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

If you attack a brand of cars for having rear end in a top hat owners, you are an rear end in a top hat. If ou defend a brand for having rear end in a top hat owners, you are also an rear end in a top hat.

I guess what I'm saying is that we're all assholes

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MrChips posted:

If you attack a brand of cars for having rear end in a top hat owners, you are an rear end in a top hat. If ou defend a brand for having rear end in a top hat owners, you are also an rear end in a top hat.

KEEP FIRING POSTING, ASSHOLES

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

^^That's what I get for leaving the reply window open. :downs:

MrChips posted:

Also, Carlin's wisdom tells us that said assholes can be divided roughly into two categories. Anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone faster than you is a maniac.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
I dunno I'm pretty OK with the looks of the new X5. :downs:

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

I dunno I'm pretty OK with the looks of the new X5. :downs:

rear end in a top hat.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Speaking of assholes....

Ram Chief says no HellTruck "at this time"

Christobevii3
Jul 3, 2006

All I can think of is this with less hp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFH39T0Z0WI

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
I'll believe it when I see it, but MotorTrend claims we're going to see a Mazda6 coupe as well as an expanded Mazdaspeed line including a 300 horsepower MS3 with a lightweight AWD system. Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Booo this man.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Don't forget the RX-9! You can't make up a story about Mazda without mentioning the RX-9.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

I hear they're going to help GM with finally bringing out that mid-engine rotary powered Corvette too!

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
FINALLY a corvette worth buying.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MrChips posted:

It's jerks. We're all jerks.

Unless you drive a BMW, then you're a prick.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

leica posted:

It's jerks. We're all jerks.

Unless you drive a BMW, then you're a prick.

Um, excuse me, I'm an rear end in a top hat, not a prick, TYVM. :mad:

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

HotCanadianChick posted:

Someone doesn't remember the porcupine joke.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

HotCanadianChick posted:

Everybody knows that BMW drivers are pricks :colbert:

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

Also, Jaaaaag owners

Do we have any stereotypes about Audi drivers? They tend to tailgate quite a bit less than their Bavarian counterparts.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

a primate posted:

Also, Jaaaaag owners

Do we have any stereotypes about Audi drivers? They tend to tailgate quite a bit less than their Bavarian counterparts.

Sa-u-dis in A-u-dis

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

a primate posted:

Also, Jaaaaag owners

You know they're rich because they've got to be able to pay for repairs.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

a primate posted:

Not around here - actually I'd say the Q7 has taken over from the X5 as the aggressive tailgaters vehicle of choice probably because it is even larger and more obnoxious and has a larger engine.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Audi drivers are generally not as loving obnoxious on the road, but they're also almost always complete fuckwits as people.

I'd say BMW drivers are second worst, with anyone in a Prius being the worst drivers on earth.

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

What about Mercedes?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Audi drivers are generally not as loving obnoxious on the road, but they're also almost always complete fuckwits as people.

My wife is friends with this poor woman who is in the poorhouse because her dumbass husband insisted on buying an Audi A8 even though they didn't have a pot to piss in. Every extra penny they had went into this car even though they had a daughter to take care of. After literally wiping out their savings trying to keep the car going the tranny took a poo poo and it sat for over a year while they drove her Turbo Legacy wagon (that he picked out for her). Then a head gasket went on the Subaru (go figure) and they had to trade in two non running poo poo piles for a Hyundai SUV which I'm sure they got murdered on at the dealer.

Moral of the story is, don't buy Audis when you're on a fixed income and have a family to take care of. Unless you're a fuckwit like this guy is.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

eyebeem posted:

So many of you people are poor and bitter about it, and that makes me sad.

Truly we must be poors, bitter about our lot in life if we dare to criticize the demographic who purchase over-priced, poorly-engineered status symbols which impress nobody outside of the working class and tasteless nouveau riche.

A new BMW can be had for the same monthly payment as a Honda Accord, SUV or sedan, take your pick. M cars (Real ones mind you, not pleb models with an M package, which are becoming increasingly popular) remain somewhat exclusive but they are as representative of the lineup as a whole as the Corvette is of Chevy. Wealthy people don't drive a BMW, they drive whatever the gently caress they want. Sometimes that's a daily runabout BMW, sometimes it's a Honda, more often it's a Rolls or a Range Rover.

The market BMW (And Audi, and increasingly Mercedes Benz) does target is the petite-bourgeois. Old money isn't impressed by a 5-series and especially not a 3-series; those cars are in the same category as a Toyota: Cheap daily drivers. Rather, the brand whores snapping up BMWs on lease are the doctors who went to medical school for the social cachet, the McDonald's franchisees who fancy themselves captains of industry, and the perpetually image-obsessed salespersons.

BMW and Audi are the Tag Heuer and Breitling of the automotive world and if you don't get that reference you have no place speaking on the topic.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

What're the Citizen, Omega, and Urwerk of the automotive world, then? Volvo, Lincoln, and Koenigsegg?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Volvo wishes it were that ubiquitous and reliable.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I drive a Timex, thank you very much.

Elwood P. Dowd
Oct 13, 2005

Jimmy Stewart would approve
I got a Casio. Does that make the Tesla a Fitbit?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
at least where I live (inland Northern California) the biggest assholes on the road are overmedicated soccer moms hauling their windowlicker kids around in some Denali XXXL and Affliction shirt wearing mouthbreathers in bro trucks. They see a BMW and they lose their loving minds in rage. :colbert:

I never tailgate, mostly obey the speedlimit and use those turn signal thingies, am closer to 50 then 20 years old and yet every time I look in my mirror there are 20 of those assholes named above weaving around like Tony Stewart after a 18 pack of Coors Light while dealing with a painful hemorrhoid.

In the SF bay area and most other urban areas, everyone drives like an rear end in a top hat, especially the Priussesss. gently caress you, got mine, gotta get in front at the turn signal.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 2, 2014

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Keyser S0ze posted:

at least where I live (inland Northern California) the biggest assholes on the road are overmedicated soccer moms hauling their windowlicker kids around in some Denali XXXL and Affliction shirt wearing mouthbreathers in bro trucks. They see a BMW and they lose their loving minds in rage. :colbert:

In the SF bay area and most other urban areas, everyone drives like an rear end in a top hat, especially the Priussesss. gently caress you, got mine, gotta get in front at the turn signal.

Soccer moms are bad in anything.

But, I have to say, for some reason bro truck guys seem to look out for bikes and will get over for me when splitting. Meanwhile two days ago I almost got levelled, on purpose, by four different jackasses in BMWs. Two newer 3 series, and a 5 series.

So again, gently caress BMW drivers. It has not a goddamn thing to do with money and everything to do with lovely rear end people who feel entitled as gently caress. And most of them drive BMWs.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

iwentdoodie posted:

Soccer moms are bad in anything.

But, I have to say, for some reason bro truck guys seem to look out for bikes and will get over for me when splitting. Meanwhile two days ago I almost got levelled, on purpose, by four different jackasses in BMWs. Two newer 3 series, and a 5 series.

So again, gently caress BMW drivers. It has not a goddamn thing to do with money and everything to do with lovely rear end people who feel entitled as gently caress. And most of them drive BMWs.

BMW suv drivers are pretty much automotive Hitlers of the road.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Chiwie posted:

BMW suv drivers are pretty much automotive Hitlers of the road.

I'd think wannabe Hitlers would be better served by driving Touaregs and Tiguans. You know, from the literal Jew-killing, Hitler-sponsored company.