Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Party Plane Jones posted:

I think Shifter changes it so it does the same damage to people but applies it differently to prevent the whole busting down doors thing.

Yeah, it changes it from 1x100 damage to 5x20 damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dud root
Mar 30, 2008
Which also plays the hit sound 5 times in very short succession. If you're wearing headphones it's like a eardrum bursting jackhammer

Lork
Oct 15, 2007
Sticks to clorf

EngineerSean posted:

Yeah, it changes it from 1x100 damage to 5x20 damage.
It was one of the official patches that did that, not Shifter. Although Shifter might have changed it some more, I can't remember.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

FlyingCheese posted:

Busting down a door with a lightsaber-esque lightsword made of superstrong nanobots makes a whole lot more sense than doing it with a sniper rifle. I don't think it's a bug that you can Jedi-Kool-Aid Man through a wooden door. It's awesome.

Fuckin' right.

Nomenclature
Jul 20, 2006

You can outrun the IRS, but you can't outrun your sister's love.
Didn't the Dragon's Tooth only become an instakill lightsaber after a patch gave it several times more damage? I think I remember there was a period where people were choosing the Chinese sword over the Dragon's Tooth because they thought its faster swing rate was more important than the moderate difference in damage.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Shibawanko posted:

Also, where is the Eiffel tower?

Got blown up like the World Trade Center.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
Just finished all of France and I'm a bit disappointed overall. The cathedral area is much smaller and has less routes than I thought it did. However, with some grenade climbing, I managed to gib two snipers with one LAW rocket with one of them screaming "Son of a..." right before the rocket detonated and used a mastered Sawed-Off Shotgun with the Targeting aug as a sniper rifle to pick off enemies from the rooftops like I was in a modern Assassin's Creed. Gibbing poor Gunther before he started walking with a LAW was neat as well.

Probably the best part of all of France was exploring Beth and Morgan's homes. There's a lot of cool stuff hidden in them and I liked their music a lot more than I did in the past.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Has anyone played this? I have never heard of it!

Me either, the changes look OK enough to try out, actually.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I like how, no mater how crazy you are, Helios will ALWAYS choose you over Bob Page. Apparently, a maniac that climbs buildings with live grenades, uses the LAW as a close-quarters weapon, takes riot cops on international trips, uses a dead MJ12 Commando to pay for entrance to a club, kills every solider and cop he could find, vandalizes Morgan Everett's home, blows himself up in his brother's apartment with five TNT boxes and a LAM in his bro's greatest time of need, somehow enters Vandenberg's maintenance tunnels by throwing random props into the tunnel entrance, and managed to make Walton Simons talk to him after Simons was gibbed with four LAMs and a napalm barrel as soon as he spawned is preferable to a billionaire with a god complex. Page must be a godawful host for Helios.

closeted republican fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Sep 2, 2014

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

closeted republican posted:

I like how, no mater how crazy you are, Helios will ALWAYS choose you over Bob Page. Apparently, a maniac that climbs buildings with live grenades, uses the LAW as a close-quarters weapon, takes riot cops on international trips, uses a dead MJ12 Commando to pay for entrance to a club, kills every solider and cop he could find, vandalizes Morgan Everett's home, blows himself up in his brother's apartment with five TNT boxes and a LAM in his bro's greatest time of need, somehow enters Vandenberg's maintenance tunnels by throwing random props into the tunnel entrance, and managed to make Walton Simons talk to him after Simons was gibbed with four LAMs and a napalm barrel as soon as he spawned is preferable to a billionaire with a god complex. Page must be a godawful host for Helios.

Yo JC I see you like explosives, I got this crazy fusion reactor that I would just looooove to see blow Area 51 sky high.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

This is an entity that's like, "Let's see, improving mankind. Uh, I guess I'll flip the light on and off in Hong Kong?" so it will take what it can get.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

EngineerSean posted:

Yo JC I see you like explosives, I got this crazy fusion reactor that I would just looooove to see blow Area 51 sky high.

gently caress that. Even crazy JC knows that ascending to godhood is more fun than just blowing up Area 51. As a god, you can blow up whatever you like without repercussions and you can use your powers to dictate new laws, like requiring everyone to climb up a building with grenades at least once a year, create a new sport around grenade surfing, and giving free weekly shipments of UC-made LAWs to everyone. :colbert:

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD
I'm majorly stuck on the Nameless Mod if anyone knows it well enough to help.

I've just got to Goat City and the head Goat guy says he'll have missions for me soon, so I presume this'll allow me to access more of the city as it's pretty locked down. I've talked to the preacher and been made a Goat (sigh) so I'm looking for the head Goat so get more missions and I cannot find him anywhere. I've searched the city about five times and he's nowhere to be found. Where's he hiding?

e: Typical, as I post, I find him but he says nothing useful, everything in the game seems to be locked down, pretty well stuck at this point.

Walton Simons fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 2, 2014

rodney mullenkamp
Nov 5, 2010

Been a while since I played it but my solution was to slaughter both sides of that stupid poo poo and cheat for the synthetic heart aug or whatever I missed out on

Prenton
Feb 17, 2011

Ner nerr-nerrr ner

"A corpse, yes; you feel something. I must know what you are feeling."

Let's see if it's got any good loot on it, mostly

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Prenton posted:

"A corpse, yes; you feel something. I must know what you are feeling."

Let's see if it's got any good loot on it, mostly

"God dammit I picked up the combat knife again."

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

I'm an idiot, I had the key all along from the very start of the mission.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, you pretty much gotta give up and accept having the combat knife in your inventory. Reduce your inventory janitoring by 60% with this one weird trick.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
I wish you could use spare combat knives as throwing knives since there's only like 7 of those in the entire game.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005

FlyingCheese posted:

I wish you could use spare combat knives as throwing knives since there's only like 7 of those in the entire game.

You can do that in Shifter.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.

You can do that in Shifter.

Oh nice, it's been a while since I played with shifter, it's nearing about time to do another Deus Ex playthrough...

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
You should use biomod instead of shifter anyway, for the balance changes it makes to augmentations.

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
Sometimes I think about Biomod when I'm doing other stuff, like cooking or walking. It's the perfect mod.

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Never ever play Deus Ex without Biomod. Ever.

Rosoboronexport
Jun 14, 2006

Get in the bath, baby!
Ramrod XTreme

fuckpot posted:

Never ever play Deus Ex without Biomod. Ever.

Play once without Biomod (or Shifter) to feel the strength of the unbalanced Dragon's Tooth.

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

I have the Dragon's Tooth on The Nameless Mod it's just as brilliant/broken.

"An intruder! Lamar give me strAAARGHGHRGGH"

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So I keep hearing on the news about the beheading of the journalists. Evidently, Obama is appealing to the U.N. to make a coalition... an anti-terrorist coalition...

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Unatco?

No, Savage.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Will it be done in six months?

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Why contain it? .................'s cool.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Old men

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

Desperate.

dimebag dinkman
Feb 20, 2003

Your turn.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Desssperate.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I appreciate that this one three-minute video has become as popular and quotable as the game itself. Well done, internet video guys.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009
Every time I watch the actual intro I get caught off-guard by the correct, sensible phrasing.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I'd guess that I've seen the edit more times than the original. Both high numbers.

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
The same thing happens to me with the Malkalvian mod. I can't take things like Page's speech in the Ocean Labs seriously anymore because I always hear the lines from the mod instead of what the character is actually saying.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

qntm posted:

Every time I watch the actual intro I get caught off-guard by the correct, sensible phrasing.

Warning! Warning!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

qntm posted:

And I just get caught off-guard by the electronic old men and their...

Flexibility.