Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Those Goddamn Rainbows Are At It Again

Everything that I've got in this rough hessian sack - no, don't touch it, whatever you do - on Dreadnautilus. The armour plating on this marine mash-up will withstand anything that jumped-up little swine can throw at it. Extra helpings of barbeque pork ribs all round.

Why are you bleeding? You touched the sack, didn't you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Frankly I'm still putting my bets on the nautilus. Think about how many moving parts there are in Brut-05. And think about where the fight will take place. All that sand has to put a fine-grained spanner in the works at some point. Although having said that, have I just argued against my own favourite? Will the tentacled terror dry out in the arid desert environment? Thoughts?

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Ravenkana posted:

Well, I would assume it would have some augmentation to prevent drying out and that Brutus would have special joints specifically built to keep sand out. Otherwise, we'd have a very boring fight.

There's a really big part of me which would find it hilarious if this wasn't the case. A hog with arthritis and a nautilus refusing to come out of the shade.

I think it's because my favourite Zoofights battle involved lions with cannons for arses, simply because I couldn't stop laughing at the idea of them all skittering about the arena on rollerskates.

Still think dreadnautilus will win the day. Raging and flailing with masses of horrifying fleshy arms; what could possibly go wrong?

Really looking forward to this fight.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Ghost Hat posted:

Except for the fact that Brut-05 is surely used to a little sand between his toes. He was putting down riots in South Africa before coming out here.

I hadn't thought about that - of course he must be used to the conditions. I suspect that the narrow confines of the slums coupled with the grasping tentacles of the nautilus will result in quite close combat. Might that be to the hog's advantage in the end, particularly if it's used to putting down crowded riots?

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Shanty posted:

Can you imagine fighting an annoyed semi-autonomous cephalopod weapon of mass destruction?

This is my point exactly. One little grain in his tender parts and our squishy friend's rage meter will fly through the roof, giving him the irate edge he needs.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

A GORILLIAN DOLLARS, you say? I bet all these bananas I found lying about round the back of a restaurant on SAD ARAGORN.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Go Lions!

Do we really need all these spoiler tags, by the way? It's not like everyone posts 'in character' and it makes it kind of hard to read...

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Co-sine posted:

You shouldn't not vote just because the odds are slim. You don't lose anything for losing (Well, except Robotnik) and who knows, it may help your choice pull a Barbarramundi.

Aw you used my croctopus :3 I love that little fella.

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Flint_Paper posted:

This is my worry too - the past couple of Zoofights have had me skimming past pages of guff to get to the good stuff. 'In character' discussions of who will win can add to a thread (although I think a straight up discussion of the relative merits of each character is often more entertaining - think of a pub conversation about a gorilla fighting an ox. You wouldn't need to pretend to be a space-farmer to enjoy the debate) but pages of pictures and the like can result in the good stuff being missed in an effort to avoid the dross.

Just one man's opinion, YMMV.

Thirding this - sometimes the RP makes me cringe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuriousSymptoms
Jul 18, 2004

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

:frog::hf::frog:

Here's the credits, as promised.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yk-sutvtloI

A massive thanks to everyone involved.

I think that about wraps it up for this year's Zoofights, Major Failure might have some final remarks before he closes the thread, but I'll see the rest of you next year.

Aw, that was nice.