Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

Wyld Cannon posted:

Out of all the mysteries that were left unrevealed, if I could have one scene added it would be an attempt by Titus Welliver to leave the island. He could try to swim away, make a boat, smoke away, WHATEVER, I would have just liked to see him TRY.
He probably couldn't leave the island the same way Desmond failed to leave the island on his sailboat after leaving the Swan - island field fuckery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

Nalk posted:

Yeah, the game isn't considered canon but supposedly the blueprints the developers got for set pieces are legitimately from the creators of the show. The Incident Room in the show is sealed off like Chernobyl.
The developers may have had the set blueprints, but since the area behind the sealed off corridors was never actually physically built on the set there would be nothing on the blueprints.

Besides, some parts of the Swan don't make much sense. See the mystery room connected to the bathroom? While exploring the crawlspace with Sayid, Jack pops out from a grate in that room to find Kate taking a shower in the adjoining bathroom, and then she leaves the bathroom the way Jack came in. But that room doesn't connect anywhere else but to the bathroom. I don't believe that mystery room is in Via Domus and we never see it again in the show.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

marktheando posted:

Wow, I hope someone got sacked for that blunder.
It's an insignificant detail. I think the bathroom portion of the Swan set wasn't actually physically connected to where it should be in the reality of the show because of space limitations on the sound stage.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

Nalk posted:

Well I realize it wasn't actually built but I'd really like to think that the incident room existed within the mythos of the show. It just makes too much sense.
Oh, sure, the incident room is behind the sealed off section of the Swan but anything could be back there. Like a giant metal donkey wheel.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

Johnny B. Goode posted:

2) How did Desmond get off of the Island in the series finale? Did Hurley just command him back home via surfboard?
Desmond's sailboat is anchored just off of Hydra island.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

Wyld Cannon posted:

So why doesn't Ben remember Sayid and the rest of the time-displaced Losties? Ben and Richard and whatever Dharma/Others that survived the Incident should have known they were were coming in 2004 all along.
Richard said that saving Ben's life at the Temple would make him forget what happened and make him one of them.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

Wyld Cannon posted:

I hope that they show something near the end of Hurley's reign, hundreds of years later, with a new threat. I also hope it's not just 12 minutes of one time period in 2008 or something.
It's 12 minutes of Hurley manipulating people to the island to bring him Hot Pockets.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

tadashi posted:

Libby was fired? What?
People think Cynthia Watros was fired from the show along with Michelle Rodriguez because their characters were killed off shortly after they were arrested for DUI. But Michelle Rodriguez only signed on for one year and her character wasn't liked well enough by fans, so the producers also killed off Libby to generate some emotional impact.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

LooseChanj posted:

That was him telling Walt about his miraculously being able to walk again.
I believe Locke only told Walt that a miracle happened to him and didn't expound further.

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

Desmond posted:

We went snorkeling today in Hamauna Bay, which is right next to the cliffs/rocks where a lot of scenes were filmed. I uploaded one new pic of the rocks, one of Sacred Hearts Academy (final church), and one of the actual Popeyes which was turned into Mr. Cluck's Chicken Shack. Unfortunately, I ran out of room at the freebie Flickr account but have a lot more from Lana'i Lookout, where those really cool cliffs and rocks are. I'll upload more in early March when I get more uploads on the account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostfilminglocations/5446991921/ I think these rocks/cliffs are my favorite. The southeast part of Oahu is really awesome.
If you keep going down Kalanianaole Highway, past Lana'i Lookout, you'll reach Makapu'u Point. There's a nice paved trail going up to the top of the point and overlooking Makapu'u Beach. They filmed the lighthouse, the fake DHARMA station and Hurley/Dave's suicide jump there. It's a pretty nice area to visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Magic. Time Traveling. Bullets.

• Locked thread