Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Karma Tornado posted:

Click here for the full 720x480 image.

Got the Aviator minifig, decided he needed a weirder plane than the one from that Pharaoh's Quest set, so I gutted it and made some kinda mutant X-Wing abomination.
That looks like something out of Crimson Skies. i.e. Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

:colbert: Fine. When do I get my Jesse Ventura and Alex Trebek minifigs?
Hey, he just *looked* like Alex Trebek.

I got a hazmat uy minifig off ebay to put on my work desk since it's work-related. I'm sure I overpaid, but I'm lazy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I won't be impressed until someone's Lego cave is made of Legos.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MaliciousOnion posted:

Seconding this. Generally the law is that, if the manufacturer fucks up, it's the manufacturer's problem.

Also, in Australia we'd all be hosed, since there are no Lego stores and buying it through Lego's online store is stupid.
Heh, you think the US has silly consumer protection laws? That's not free market bootstraps!!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wish I could say what my first set was, but I had Legos as early as I can remember. And not Duplos, either. I wouldn't be shocked if it was just a tub of bricks. It's nice, though. When I think about it. My parents weren't rich by any stretch (and my dad was in college until I was five, which certainly didn't help) but they never seemed to have a problem buying me a Lego set now and then. :unsmith:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

John Carstairs posted:

This is the first one I've seen: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nannanz/6621053469/in/photostream

Looks like there's some decent parts to use in the new colors, even if you primarily build spaceships to swoosh around like an idiot.
Looks like something out of Wipeout. Which is awesome.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

beato posted:

Yeah it was supposed to come with a box when she bought it but it never so my she just made one in photoshop. If anyone is interested she got it from here http://www.ichibantoys.com/
Holy poo poo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Well Manicured Man posted:

I decided to make another MOC in LDD today.

The paneling surrounding the cockpit can unfold...

...Allowing the cockpit to eject!

This is seriously awesome.

Manchild King posted:

Had a slow afternoon.
Nice username/post combo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is annoying me. Cerebus is a comic book aardvark. The three headed dog is Cerberus.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Thanks to this thread, I got that Ichiban Delorean and have Lex Luthor and the Batwing sets on the way. Fuuuuuck.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Get the Camper Van!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gravy Jones posted:

So I was looking for a project to work on to brush up on a few different development skills and I ended up deciding to work on a Lego Amazon price-checker as (a) it was a convergance of a lot of these skills and (b) I'm a compulsive bargain hunter and would actually use this thing. I'm planning to do some pretty fancy stuff with it eventually, but for now it's pretty much just data. But while I have this data I thought I might as well share it so I'm dumping it to a webpage here.

You need to be coming from SA to view it so bookmark this post, not that page. At the moment I'm only updating it manually daily. But it should be automated and hourly by the end of the week or so. I know other sites do this, but eventually I'm planning to incorporate some stuff that I don't think anyone else is doing. One of the main ones is looking at some kind of wishlist/push notification system to alert you when certain sets hit certain prices.... although that might be a little ambitious. Also, I've already found (and bought) something cool that Bricklink missed, so theres that at least. Edit: Oh, UK and US only at present.
This is awesome and it has shown me that there's a TIE Defender which I need to order.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DrChud posted:

That's the same things with me and not pulling the trigger, that $20 price point on it. Most likely I'm going to break down and get it because I want the sweet Sand Troopers also. It's almost like buying 4 series 6 figures in my mind
Haha, I picked up some little City set at Target because it was $8 and included four minifigs.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rare Collectable posted:

Speaking of Lego games I was just looking at the official website when I noticed this AR IOS game at the bottom of the page called The Life of George. I was surprised I'd never heard of it before because it looks pretty neat. Does anyone have any experience with this?

http://george.lego.com/en-us/default.aspx?icmp=COUSFR34George

I don't have an ipad so I wont be playing it any time soon but it looks interesting.
It works with iPhones and iPods Touch, as well.

...But I got it, and I don't think it's really worth it. It just shows a flat Lego design which you then build for time and accuracy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

drat, may have to get those Mini Modulars.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I put together three of the Mini Modulars last night. Pretty neat set with some cool techniques, though I'm not sure it's really worth what they're asking. (I don't have room for full-size modulars, sadly.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ford GTs are my favorite supercars, so a Ford GT.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Thanks for the advice. The modular buildings like nice, but I'm only looking to spend around $100 (before shipping + tax), so I might go for the village.
The Mini Modular set is pretty cool.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"[ts posted:

xenophobe"]
is anyone else hoping that the mini modular set sells enough that they do a second set with the rest of them, or when they release a 8th full size one?
I do since I don't have room for the full ones.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Stongpa posted:

Deluxe Lego R2:
http://legoexternal.23video.com/video/4699656/the-ultimate-collector-series

I would love to get this. I heard it is due out in September, but may be released early...
Can I preorder Legos?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Wolverine-s-Chopper-Showdown-6866?CMP=EMC-VIP2012AprilNLNUS&HQS=whatsnew_set2_img

"Sorry, this item is not available in the US"

:smith:
That needs to hurry up and get released. I want a Lego Deadpool.

Also, I got the X-Wing from Amazon and drat if that wasn't a neat build (other than doing the wings four times). The wing transformation is pretty slick.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

youareoffthehook posted:

I tagged a whole ton of those sets on Tuesday! We are releasing them on the 9th. Technically its supposed to be the 8th, but we are closed for Easter. The new stuff looks pretty awesome. I'm excited to see what else comes out this year.
Oh awesome. I'm heading down near my local Lego store next weekend, anyway.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Want that Sopwith Camel. Can they make a P-51 Mustang next?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hey is the Star Wars promotion tomorrow online-only or is it available in-store, as well?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

When I went to the Lego store on Friday, one of the workers helped me feel bags for the space marine I wanted, then even opened a new box for me when we went through what was out. :unsmith: (I also got a bagpiper and punk girl since they mentioned those.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I surprisingly was missing a piece in a set I got recently (Baxter Robot Rampage). That seems pretty rare. Oh well, they're sending me the piece and it wasn't horribly important to the build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

stuie posted:

I vote for roman/classical. Here are some improved pictures of my entry.

I like this a lot. Cool build!