Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sargeant Biffalot
Nov 24, 2006

JustAnother Fat Guy posted:

Ugh i never even considered this(i live in the UK) until i saw this thread. I read everything, it took me loving ages, and i am loving apalled, especially by that 50 min documentary on youtube.

In the UK atm the exact opposite is being argued by the right winters, that prison is too easy. I personally believe it's okay to give them some privledges such as games consoles, internet and computers(And the inmates apparantely treat their stuff better than most school children), but longer sentences should be incorporated for the worst offenders for long and intensive rehabilitation therapies with professionals, but i am scared if people start treating criminals as sub-human(they hosed up, and they got thrown in the slammer for it, and thus for a few years they have been told not to take part in society) like in america, this will happen here :smith: . I believe criminals should get their come-uppence, and do the time and get help to break the cycle but torturing them and battering them around all dam day just makes them hate the establishment more and they just sink further into crime.

It's horribly selfish I know but I breathed a little sigh of relief when I found out the American prison system evolved partly as a continuation of slavery by other means, and isn't just the inevitable end result of the "prison works" bullshit we've been swallowing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread