Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

I've loved Harvest Moon since I was a kid, and I haven't enjoyed any of the rune factory games.

I just want to enjoy the atmosphere of a sleepy farming village and do all the chores I know that I'm too lazy irl to accomplish. Adding half baked dungeon crawling to my half baked farming sim just makes it a doughy mess.

I'm a weirdo that mostly liked Lost Valley, though, so take my opinion as you will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

SuperSpiff posted:

Release date is February 26, 2016.

As someone who hasn't liked the rune factory games, or really any of the post- psx/n64 Harvest Moons, I'm so goddamn excited about what I've seen about this game.

CainsDescendant
Dec 6, 2007

Human nature

The Colonel posted:

i mined a ton, but was there some trick to it i just didn't get? it seemed like digging up stairs was just random. i never got to fish, because i kinda never entered the one house where the event that gives you the fishing rod occurs more than once out of not knowing it was the place where that event triggered, and the one time i did a completely different event triggered.

This may be apocryphal, but I always had luck finding stairs around the opposite side of where I came into a room in the mines. Read the tip on a random gamefaq. I can usually find stairs within 5-7 digs. Pair that with savescumming and you can get really deep quickly with minimal stamina loss to get the good ores and gems.

• Locked thread