Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So is anyone picking up Grand Bazaar? Is it worth it? I thought it sounded pretty interesting, and a step in the right direction after IoH/SI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
So I got A New Beginning. Do I need friend codes to fool around online?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I guess I need either yam seeds or iron. I'm not picky; I don't have too much, really, but if you'd like something from 1st year Spring just let me know.

1934-0680-3294

Let me know if you add me to friend's list; I'll totally add ya back.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Currently cruising through summer and its fun storms; what should my tomatoes be around, star level-wise, to contend in the crop festival?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The default farm name is "Echo Farm," so I went with "Deco Farm." :effort:

I took it a step further later and named a bubble-shaped cow "Cowpun." After a while I just stop trying with names.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Do I need to buy all the supplemental tools (hammer, fishing rod, axe) on my own, or are they eventually given to me in a quest?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
How noticeable is the dropoff in difficulty from Hard to Normal? The third dungeon is destroying me, and I'm overleveled for it. Will reverting to Normal completely ruin the challenge for me, or is it still tough sometimes?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm still in the first act, tracking down the blue sphere doodads, and I'm in the lava dungeon on Autumn Road. Things are hitting me for triple digit damage, and I'm level 60. The fireball flinging guys are tough in particular. If it's just bad armor, what are some good tips for improving my armor? My crafting/forging level is around 21, and I wouldn't mind a quicker way of leveling it up.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Terper posted:

It's ok, but it's no Rune Factory 4, the Cowboy Bebop of video games

"Bang."

-A Dragon, Episode 4 of Rune Factory

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There was a giant wall of text so many pages back with some tips about starting this game up. Anybody remember which page it was on?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The early game of Story of Seasons is really irritating. Everything I do relies on the sporadic schedule of my one vendor, and I have to do the RNG dance in order to keep my cow from rolling around in poo poo all day.

I'm sure things pick up when more villagers and vendors become available, but holy moly I can't imagine playing this game on normal difficulty.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Trebuchet King posted:

I was wondering if Ronnie would turn up in this thread. Good job, Ronnie.

God drat I love that dude.:thumbsup:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Gibbo posted:

... I'm going to go edit my post.

:lol:

I can see the misunderstanding, though.

Rune Factory 4 has yet to be fully completed. Activating the 3rd arc is dumb bullshit and I hate myself.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
*confetti falls, lots of hand shaking and cigar smoking*

Third arc officially started in Rune Factory 4, it's been a pleasure ladies and gentlemen.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Revol posted:

What did you have to do? I don't know if it is true that Amber and whatshisface have to be friend level 7 for it to be able to start.

SC Bracer posted:

I'm pretty sure the friend level only matters for the brute force method because you need that so they don't run away when you to bed.

This.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Remember this: Most items you ship can be bought from vendors/shops after being shipped. There is an exception, and it is called a rune crystal. It's doubtful you'll run into a lot of these, but store every single one you find. They're high level crafting ingredients.

Also: Craft. Make weapons, armors, headgear, shoes, and cook til your heart stops. You'll eventually reach a point in the game where the difficulty spikes. You want crafted gear to help you fight/protect you. You also want to keep your skills increasing as you go. Every little bit helps, in the end.

I'm in the third arc and these enemies are hitting me like goddamn trucks.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just beat the third arc. Rune Prana got progressively more irritating as I went. Not sure what my difficulty was set to, but I managed it using two meat shield monster buddies and my lvl 167 rear end. Ragnarok tasted my Blue Eyed Blade katana...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I mean, if there is one problem I have with Rune Factory it's that I'd rather be a milf hunter than deal with their sometimes uncomfortably designed daughters.

Just give me a regular looking person, anime game.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In my first year of Story of Seasons. Have yet to claim more land than the tutorial root vegetable plot, got a seed maker, unlocked Cabin country. What should be my next focus? The cheese maker blueprint looks expensive, and I don't even know where to get gold, currently.

Also, should I bother with fish hatcheries? Hell, for that matter are all fish better off becoming food for me to stay alive with? Still trying to figure some stuff out with the limited tools I have available.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Working on the sewing studio.

Named my first sheep "Baal." I'm a terrible human being.

When does mining become a thing? I assume winter, but you never really know anymore with these games.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
My thoughts so far on Return to PopoloCrois:

Cute cast/setting, but it has been primarily a JRPG with farming additions. No day/night, just go explore areas/fight stuff to make crops grow. So far no crafting, or any defined purpose for going out of your way to farm.

That said, my single biggest complaint is that the controls feel really clumsy in terms of moving around. I walk too far with even a flick of the stick when trying to water/til soil.

I'll keep y'all posted, but so far I'd recommend it for people who would rather enjoy a light hearted JRPG.

You do have controls over difficulty and encounter rate, ala Bravely Default so that's nice.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Further reports on Return to PopoloCrois:

Reaching Chapter 3 gives you two farms to work with, and opens up item synthesis (with teases to a further advanced form of synthesis later in the game), animal care, and bug collecting. The game is still a little clumsy on the controls, but I'm starting to get used to it. Crops, stones/ore, and other collectables can be shipped, or saved up for gifts and synthesis.

So I guess the game really just suffers from a glacial start. The RPG combat is simple but enjoyable.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
*furiously hits the more anime button*

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I figure it's probably lip service but I do take it as a positive that if they opened the door to gay characters they wouldn't halfass it. I feel like making characters wordlessly bisexual would be kinda lazy, honestly. One or two is fine, but having a unique set of options would be really cool too.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
i should be able to marry my 3ds cartridges gently caress you natsume

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wanted to date all the rune factory moms

all of them

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sometimes I feel like I live in a ghost town. A town that has no future, with all of its glory behind it. I feel like the name of that ghost town is "Rune Factory 5."

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

The Colonel posted:

lmao what the gently caress

That's hosed up but also owns in a dark way

• Locked thread