Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

anivasion posted:

I just found out that TOTT now has a jealousy point system that can accumulate when you pitch woo at multiple marriage candidates. I guess my usual role of being the town party girl may finally have some repercussions.

Nah, as long as you give every candidate some measure of attention, jealousy points will always reset to 0. You may now return to frolicking at will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well, it's more of an enhanced port of Save the Homeland, so not quite developed around the same time. I didn't get that far into it, so I can't really judge it fully compared to the others. With the possible exception of Harvest Moon 64 which I've never played, I still think Friends of Mineral Town on GBA was the best vanilla one.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I've bred more chickens than I know what to do with, so I get around 12 eggs a day now. But yeah, my early money maker was grilled fish like everyone else, and just shipping the king fish and tiger prawns that I get fairly often from traps. Ever since I've unlocked the mine though, I've been rolling in cash since RNG seems to favor me with everything but silver. You don't need to breed to unlock animals though, it only unlocks them earlier. They'll eventually be automatically unlocked, unless you just really gotta have a jersey cow. I really miss having harvest sprites/etc. to help with taking care of animals/watering/harvesting crops though, since fully taking care of animals always takes up half of the day with me.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

The White Dragon posted:

I think the Ultra Axe is more important than the Ultra Hammer. How else will you be able to get Black Lumber to make your watering can that waters a ton of full plots at once?

I got all my Black Lumber from fishing. :colbert:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I always liked Harvest Moon DS despite the bugs. It was like a crazy broken version of Friends of Mineral Town with a ridiculously deep mine. I could be wrong, but the European version of Harvest Moon DS might not be glitchy, though with the con of not being able to link up with FoTM, which isn't that big of a loss. The initial American version was notoriously glitchy, though eventually a fixed version that got rid of nearly all the glitches was released.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Shibawanko posted:

So which of the newer games should I play if I want more of the SNES version? I really loved the original game, and somewhat liked the N64 version, but whenever I tried to play any of the other ones I got turned off almost right away by the weird analog/isometric/forced 3D controls and the overwhelming amount of characters, story and poo poo to take care of.

One thing I liked about the original game was that the night lasted forever, time limits basically suck so you could plan your day to do all of the important stuff in the morning and then get to basic chores at night and not have to worry about missing out on things you didn't know about. I just don't like being overwhelmed in general and prefer simplicity, so is there any game in the series that really goes back to basics in terms of controls and concept?

I just want to farm turnips, marry an honest woman, and die peacefully in my bed at the ripe age of 75 with a barn full of cows.

Well, practically every Harvest Moon has that time limit now, especially now that time doesn't even freeze in buildings anymore. The SNES one having unlimited night was always one of those weird oversights. I'd say either pick up the GBA one, or the 3DS one, A New Beginning. Both are fairly straightforward, with the 3DS one slowly introducing you to the cast since you have to build up the town yourself.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Not really. It's one of the things I missed was having something akin to harvest sprites doing everything for you. Your dog and cat can herd animals, and there's a field which you can manually water all at once, but nothing that basically runs itself. Basically you have to accept and the game itself assumes that there will be days where you can't do everything, so there's barely any penalty for missing a day.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I typically just put all my crop fields in the 2nd field once it's unlocked since it's easier to water them there, while keeping trees next to my house. Course, it still takes about 30 in-game minutes to run all the way up to the rock fountain but it doesn't eat up all my stamina like a fully upgraded water can would. But yeah, the reason why I say the game itself will assume that you won't do everything is just because vacations exist, where at best you'll only get morning activities done before you decide to run off to travel somewhere for the entire day.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Rune Factory 4 has been fun so far. It was a bit overwhelming since the overworld map is so much larger compared to past games. I feel like the RF4 cast isn't quite as insane as RF3's, but I'm still in the second week so we'll see. Had an amusing moment when I accidentally had a Goblin archer join my party when I threw a rock at him thinking that it would hurt him. Don't quite like how tilling soil isn't perfectly aligned(at least with the cheap hoe anyways) so my fields look somewhat of a mess.

Meanwhile, Hometown Story has been confirmed for the 22nd of this month. Man, there's a lot of 3ds games this month.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Giant Boy Detective posted:

Are you wearing "Free Farming Shoes"? I saw them for sale at Arthur's a couple times, and their description says to wear them if you're tired of "farming on the grid." So maybe that's it?

That explains a lot, thanks.

Blhue posted:

Is there even a need for the magnifying glass? Fertilizing takes care of itself.

Edit: Anyone know a monster that waters crops that's available early?

Well, magnifying glass is somewhat helpful in telling you which parts of the field are better quality anyways. I just use it to identify my next plot to plant in anyways. Haven't quite messed around with greenifier/etc. just yet though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sonata Mused posted:

Is there a Japanese wiki around I can shoddily google translate?

Some of the requests need me to grow stuff I don't have access to, but they are also the only requests that increase the stuff I get at the Flower Shop.

http://wikiwiki.jp/rf4/ I think is what you want.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Wandering Knitter posted:

I love how everyone in town is ever-so slightly insane, like the nice nurse lady mentioning that one day she hopes to fight a bear to the death. :allears:

It's even better once you realize she uses her fists to fight.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Blhue posted:

Once you have all the cooking apparatus you get an order to "unify" them for 5k pp. No idea how exactly that works since I haven't felt the need to drop that many points on it.

It just makes you be able to access any of them from all of them, instead of snapping them together like I hoped it would. I haven't tried breaking one of them to see what would happen, but I guess you could put a cooking implement everywhere so you could cook anywhere.

Has anyone bought the airship caller thing yet? Was wondering if it was a portable airship you can keep in your inventory or if it's just an access point/furniture you plop down somewhere.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It's probably bad luck or a combination of festivals/sub-events. She didn't accept my confession till 8LP as well, so I just kept feeding her apples and adventuring with her.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

I Watson posted:

A quick diversion from the Rune Factory 4 Extravaganza, Marvelous has announced the second game to use A New Beginning's engine. Them doing at least two games per engine is the norm for the main series, and hopefully they'll improve on the obnoxious little things that dragged ANB down.

Come on Marvelous, I have a hunch why you made those heinous cutscenes happen every single game day, but at least let us skip them this time if you're going to have them.

Well it looks like a different cast rather than an expanded version with same cast anyways. Not sure whether this shipping to various countries is appealing or not, but the series feels the need to try a new gimmick with every game, and I'll pick it up regardless anyways.

Hortism posted:

Does anyone know how to upgrade the weapon skills? I stupidly chucked my favorite one at Leon and he just took it as a gift. Fucker.
There's no way to level up weapon skills other than finding a leveled up version randomly from a chest.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Falcon2001 posted:

Is there a list of items with effects other than straight up +Stat? Like using the magnifying glass to add it's effect to sickles/etc?

Not really other than the japanese wiki, and some items like the magnifying glass don't tell you they'll do something. Here's a list that of everything I got that I picked up online either from the wiki through google translate or elsewhere.

Double steel and 10-fold steel: Will double or 6x a previous upgrade, each can only be applied once.
Invisible stone: makes your weapons invisible.
Rare cans and 4-leaf clovers: rare cans increase your rare item drop rate while clovers just increase your drop rate in general (rare cans might only be applicable to weapons).
White stone: ??? (not sure, applies to family members somehow)
Shade stone: reduces enemy resistances
Glitta Augite: increases your weapon range
Elder dragon scales: applying to your shield will have their stats actually affect dual-wielding/gloves.
Magnifying glass: adds the magnifying glass effect
Gold crops: adds instant kill effect
Object X : Reverses previous upgrade?
The 4 colored cores together: ???
Fish: apparently increases certain fish spawns

Light Ore: for forging, not for upgrading, which another goon detailed earlier. I haven't experimented around too much with forging custom equipment yet, but if I understand it correctly, light ore will let you transfer gear base stats to something else, so it's possible to for example put your ultimate axe's stats into a spoon.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Blhue posted:

You have plenty of poo poo to do yet. There is no rush either, its not as if Venti does anything gameplay wise but sit in her chamber.

Well technically she is unlockable as a party member in the post-game, but post-game can theoretically be long depending on how lucky you are with the RNG.

Jakse posted:

I have hit a point where I feel like I'm rushing because I wanted to revive Venti because that is an entire characters worth of dialogue gone. I'm on the 11th or 12th of summer and I'm currently fighting in the Delirium Lava Caves. Should I cool it a bit or is there enough content to keep going? I'm already surprised with how much poo poo there is. Hell, the overworld areas are worth the size of an RF3 dungeon in some cases.

I'd say take your time due to spoilery reasons, unless you want to marry Doug for some odd reason, in which case progress the story if you ever want him to ever go above 3 in liking you. Also yeah, you still have a lot of dungeons left, so you've got time. I'm still amazed how much flavor dialogue there is in the game though (except Raven and Barret sadly, they just become your best friends but always say the same 5 things).

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Blhue posted:

I rather like Dolce because she's good at hitting crowds and has a good team heal which she isn't shy about using. She doesn't hit nearly as hard as Forte though. I'm also kind of worried about the fact that I'm at 84 forging and I don't have a dark staff recipe better than +300 dark M atk, whereas the best staff I can make currently is +4400 to its element. If indeed that even matters, since its not clear what stat her exorcism tags or Pico attacks run off of.

I don't think the element matters for Dolce since she did start out with a Love staff, but always uses the dark spell. There is one more high level dark staff you can craft though.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Other than Kiel, they all know rune abilities pertaining to their starting weapon. Kiel is just a wizard who starts with a sword for some odd reason.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
That's disappointing to hear. I'll probably still pick it up myself just because I can't resist failed experimental games and see if I can find some enjoyment out of it. How does it compare to the SNES version of Harvest Moon, since Hometown Story is trying to start from a clean slate along similar lines? SNES Harvest Moon didn't really explain itself either, and people just figured out its mechanics, events and etc. as time passed.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Getting everyone to 10 or higher isn't that bad, but it's my habit to talk to everyone daily after years of doing it in Harvest Moon. They even have convenient speech bubbles that change color to tell you that you already talked to them now. 50 monsters, the only issue I can see is having to build the fields/build the monster barns/expansion costs. I had 19 monsters by the time I reached post-game since I occasionally went out of my way to catch monsters for their ingredients they give out, or I threw something accidentally and caught a monster by accident.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, I think I like 3's cast more just because their insanity was just endearingly memorable, but 4's gameplay was pretty improved. Also the world is a lot bigger compared to all the previous games which caught me off guard. I actually use magic now (admittedly it might have been useful in 3, but I don't recall it being so) and having a full 3-character party just makes me happy mostly out of nostalgia from the Mana series.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Meanwhile, the next Harvest Moon now has marriage candidates who don't look under-age.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/10/meet-harvest-moon-connect-new-lands-gorgeous-siblings-mistel-iris/

By the way, are we sure this is the same engine as A New Beginning? They might be breaking their pattern of making 2 games per engine it seems. From the few screenshots that have popped up, it looks somewhat different, though that could just be the art style. Also apparently you can swim now.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
This next Harvest Moon just looks more amazing now with each new bit of news. Never thought I would be able to harvest Fire Flowers and magic shrooms.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So RF4 can I get some clarification on a few things?

I'm super ambling about planting veggies whenever because not sure what else to be doing with my farm and it's going fine- but I got requests to grow a dungeon or something as well as sword plants and shield plants or something and... I don't even know where to start on that.
Also I have no idea what to do with winter which is fast approaching as it seems just about every seed I have "won't grow at winter".

Also story had me fight with Forte as a ally and she just barely survived as I haven't been using her. Figured I'd take her with Margret to go level up in case something like that happened again, but despite her telling me "I'll join you now no mater what." She won't. I assume this is story related and I have to get the rune sphere's back from the empire?

Yeah, dungeon seeds are one of those things the game tells you exists, but won't ever tell you how. Basically, in the first 5 days of a season, in Sercezero Hill, a path opens up where normally mushrooms would be. That leads to Demon's Den, which has a boss who drops a Dungeon seed. After that, you can access it anytime using the airship. You get sword and shield seeds from bosses in the Dungeon seeds. Generally, you can craft better gear, but you might get lucky and grow something decent.

As for Forte, she's probably part of a Town Event that you need to finish before she becomes available again.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Blhue posted:

What's with half their promo thing looking like a Tales game and the other half being a couple different generic kids animes?

It's probably just a poster of their lineup, though I only recognize Harvest Moon and Hometown Story. I'll wait it out before thinking about picking it up just in case it's bad like Hometown Story.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Zorato posted:

Is Harvest Moon DS (the first one for the regular DS) any good? If not, is there a Harvest Moon game that keeps it relatively simple like the N64 and SNES version did?

It's basically the GBA one expanded, though I tend to prefer the GBA one for balance reasons. Its big downside is that a whole bunch of versions of the game are buggy as hell, and potentially game-breaking. The latest version is mostly fixed in at least not having any game-breaking bugs, but you're gonna have to be somewhat lucky in picking it up randomly. Still, it's probably the closest to the N64 and PS1 games before the series started experimenting, though I'm inclined to say the GBA one in pacing the game out, since it's really easy to get rich in the DS one.

EDIT: Copy-pasting this just in case you feel like tracking down Harvest Moon DS.

The original harvest moon DS (version 1.0) makes it impossible to marry the Witch Princess and also makes it nearly impossible to marry the Harvest Goddess due to it's animal death counting glitches, preventing you from seeing the witches purple heart event, and an item glitch which makes it impossible to ship 1 of every item and complete the goddesses marriage requirements.

HOWEVER - The new version (Version 1.1) has no glitches in it, or nearly none, and in the new versoin you can marry both of the girls. Here is how to tell which version you have, the glitched one, or the fixed one.

Step 1.) - Look on the back of your Harvest Moon DS gamecard. You will see a row of numbers on the back, aka the games code. It is in bolded black.

Step 2.) - Check and see which of the following codes you have.

Version 1.0 (GlitchyVersion) - ABCENOJ13

Version 1.05 (StillGlitched) - ABCENOJ22

Version 1.1 (FixedVersion) - ABCEN1J09

Version 1.1 (FixedVersion) - ABCEN1J11

I think there was one more version that was manufactured that has all the fixes since my copy is ABCEN1J22, so yeah, you'd want one with ABCEN1J## on the back.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 14, 2014

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, not really caring for that art style. Admittedly was never the biggest fan of Minecraft so the new gameplay isn't really selling itself to me either, so I'll still stick with waiting for reviews before thinking about it.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
A bit weird considering there is gameplay they could have shown off: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTAbFUVA6gg

I'm guessing they haven't done enough translation/localization to throw together a gameplay trailer yet.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Jenner posted:

Guys, is Sunshine Islands worth it? I was a bit disappointed by Bazaar.

Also Rune Factory 4 is such a downgrade from Rune Factory 3.

How so? Other than the characters not being as fun and insane as RF3's, RF4 is pretty much an improvement to RF3 gameplay-wise.

As for Sunshine Islands, it's a bit too overcomplicated for my tastes, with too much micromanagement for farming and keeping your townspeople happy.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Jenner posted:

I just really liked the more fleshed out characters, it's what I like about games. So the more toned down characters in 4 kinda disappointed me, it's a great game though.

Man, I'm really craving a good Harvest Moon game and I am indecisive. I'd prefer one on the DS but Bazaar wasn't my thing and Sunshine sounds like too much work... :qq:

Honestly, all the DS Harvest Moons have their issues. Personally I prefer Harvest Moon DS, but that's just because it's practically an expansion of the GBA game. Also early versions of it have game-breaking bugs. Tale of Two Towns is probably the most well-rounded out of all of them but it's kind of bland in my opinion. It has the main problem of cutting off content till you reach the next season to unlock it, so you end up just running around the mountain doing your thing till the next season for the story to progress. A New Beginning on 3DS is solid enough, though it starts off slow. Story of Seasons is coming out sometime this year, if you're willing to wait on that. I'm hoping it'll have a faster pace closer to Rune Factory compared to the last two HM games.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Corridor posted:

ironically it looks way boring compared to the harvest moon knockoff

I respectfully disagree.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
XSEED just posted up a blog post for Story of Seasons. Looks like they've been adding in additional bonuses so that's nice.

Anyways, clearly (More) Friends of Mineral Town on GBA was the best Harvest Moon. Rune Factory 3 and 4 are definitely the best HM games on DS and 3DS in general, but less anime-enthused people are gonna ask about the Harvest Moon games regardless, so we'll have to mention them. Since all the HM games on DS ended up being interesting but wildly flawed in vastly different ways, making it hard to call any of them the best.

Harvest Moon DS is essentially an expansion pack for FoMT that is pretty unbalanced and early versions of the cartridges being known to have gamebreaking bugs, some making you a millionaire and others corrupting your save file. The final version should be bug-free if you're lucky enough to pick one up instead of the early versions.

Island of Happiness/Sunshine Islands have a lot of micromanagement both in farming the land as well getting townspeople to move in, and staying moved in. Personally I find the weather and watering system to be overcomplicated in that game, but having to talk to everyone everyday including the faceless NPCs in order to expand your islands got tiring really fast, especially if they move away because you decided to ignore them.

I haven't actually played Grand Bazaar, so someone else will have to speak up for it.

Tale of Two Towns is probably the least flawed out of the DS games, so it's arguably the best. Its biggest problem is that it's very slow about unlocking content, so you'd be waiting many in-game years before you finally have access to everything, so you just be steadily building up a lot of resources with nothing to really do with it, other than wait and prepare for the next cooking festival.

A New Beginning on 3DS is actually pretty solid, other than having a pretty slow start and unskippable cutscenes. Being able to build the layout of the town and your farmland is still pretty neat. I'm hoping Story of Seasons essentially fixes some of those flaws, since Marvelous has a tendency make two games per engine, with the 2nd basically being the better version, before throwing it all out for their next game.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Corridor posted:

lol I hated two towns for that reason, that's not "least flawed" that's a massive flaw and awful design. poo poo I got into ioh more than tt, and ioh is really bad.

never really clicked with the gba one because the townsfolk are so horribly loving boring even if the gameplay is solid. in that vein, hm ds has the best village and i wish they'd repeat it. :( none have been up to scratch since

I don't actually disagree with you here, I actually preferred Harvest Moon DS in general over all the other DS games not counting Rune Factory 3. I just also happened to have a version that corrupted my save file, so that was disheartening. I still think the GBA one was the most solid progression-wise in unlocking new stuff as you upgraded your equipment and farmland, while the DS gave you a lot of perks from the start, hence why I'm somewhat inclined to call it unbalanced. Both are good though, and townspeople walking around was better than them teleporting everywhere in the later games.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well, it sold well enough, and consensus elsewhere on the internet seems to like it. I'm just gonna copy/paste from a gamefaqs board:

quote:

In SoS, there's not a month long tutorial phase. The tutorial is only a game week long and goes by pretty quickly.
In SoS, you don't have to build the town or unlock EVERY character (some characters are still unlocked, but the village is much more lively from the start).
In SoS you can still customize your farm area and certain aspects of the town, but the latter is mostly minor stuff.
In SoS, you can't trade everything. The trade system is way, way less powerful/game breaking.
In SoS, there is an additional challenge in trying for certain extra "fields" to grow various crops. Kind of reminds me of Magical Melody's rival, but a more deep/complex system.
In SoS, you no longer need to visit a hairdersser or tailor, you can do all the crafting and changing and suchlike in your own house. Also, crafting has been expanded greatly.
In SoS, I believe the "makers" are more like the windmills in Grand Bazaar, so no more instant seeds/items, more planning ahead required.
In SoS, there is an almost totally new cast of characters. Personality/Looks are pretty subjective things, but I think the SoS ones look better overall.
In SoS, there is swimming (and you can dive for fish/treasures) while swimming!
SoS has a larger variety of livestock and animals, both on your farm and in a new area (Animal Safari).
SoS MIGHT have a "Novice" mode which is easier/more relaxing than the "Veteran" mode. Just came out in a patch in Japan, I haven't heard yet whether other regions are getting this update or not.

XSEED just revealed that Seedling Mode will be in the Western version among other things, so any issues that were in the Japanese version might be addressed too.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

XboxPants posted:

(crossposted from the vita thread)

Anyone have opinions on the best Harvest Moon game for Vita? Options are
(PS1) Harvest Moon: Back to Nature,
(PSP) Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley,
(PSP) Harvest Moon: Boy and Girl, and
(PSP) Innocent Life: A Futuristic Harvest Moon.

I know some Harvest Moon games have some light dungeon/combat elements but I've got no preference either for or against that. Monster fights would be cool but I'm also totally into a pure farming game, so either way works.

I think I remember Back to Nature on PS1 being good, but the sci-fi one sounds interesting too and I just have no idea at all about the other two PSP games. If anyone's got any insight I'd love to hear it.

Hero of Leaf Valley is an expanded version of Save the Homeland I believe. Has a lot of loading screens though, since every area has its own loading screen. They're fast loads though, it can get annoying. I didn't play enough of it to really get a good opinion on it, so it probably had a slow start-up.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
One of your mayor abilities is to make typhoons go away. Course, there's one specific monster that only shows up in typhoon who drops an ingredient, so there'll be a time you might end up having to summon a typhoon yourself, which is also an ability.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Dehry posted:

I tried to circumvent the game's preventing me from building a bridge by digging to water level on the edge of the river. The game then put up a wooden fence around the area I dug out to keep water from pouring in.

Also, the game is pretty much implying you're on top of a mountain far away from town. Hopefully the path will be used for something.

The Harvest Goddess always was kind of a jerk. Reminds me of how there was that one Harvest Sprite in Harvest Moon DS who solely existed to keep you from leaving town.

EDIT: I'll probably give the game a pass. I've been consumed by Fantasy Life at the moment anyways.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 5, 2014

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Yeah, those two are connected since the only way to get sword/shield seeds is from crop dungeons, but the game will never explain to you how to get dungeon seeds. In my case, I just stumbled onto that boss mini-area by complete accident. It's been a while since I played the game, so my memory's sketchy on what areas were called, but if I remember correctly, in the Spring area where there are usually mushrooms blocking a path, on the first couple days of the month, those mushrooms will be gone allowing you to go to a cave with a boss to fight in it, who'll give you those seeds. After that, you can airship there whenever you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Zaphiel posted:

After reading this thread a bit, I decided to resume my play of Two Towns, but now it's coming back to me why I put it down. The villagers are so lifeless and once I get done my chores there's nothing to do. Does it get better? Is it the game, or the series? I played Save the Heartland a reeeeeeeeeeally long time ago, but I remember enjoying it. Maybe I've just gotten less patient?

Nah, it's just that specific game. The DS games in general (excepting Rune Factory 3) have their share of problems of where there's either too much micromanagement, or there's nothing to do due to bad pacing, which is the case with Two Towns. Basically they started experimenting around with different mechanics which has led to some mixed results, especially when they'll dump both the good and the bad mechanics and start afresh in the next game with a new mix of good and bad mechanics.

• Locked thread