Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Corridor posted:

Question: how I mine for fish? Also how do you catch bugs and frogbugs?

Unequip any tools you may have, and press B when you are next to one. If it flies, you have to jump to catch it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I just started Fall Yr 1 so I figure I should get started on stockpiling those yams. If anyone has access to yam seeds and would share a couple bags My FC is 1289-9035-2330. I've got silkie eggs, building materials, herbs/flowers, coins and other odds and ends to trade. Or just add me for the hell of it...I've added a couple other people that posted their codes on the last couple pages.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

GabrielAisling posted:

Anybody have an amethyst or some yam seeds they're willing to trade? I can wait on the mine for the rest of my material needs, but I'd like to have those yams before my first fall is over. My friend code is a few posts back.
In other news, my alpaca is a neurotic mess. It's so skittish I don't know what to do with it other than get it pregnant and hope the baby sucks less. Any suggestions?

I think from what I've read the animals being skittish are personality traits, I don't know if they can be changed. I've got a couple chickens I may be selling because I've read it can affect how fast they gain affection.

I've got some 5 star yam seeds I can share.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Raepdog posted:

Anyone want to help me out with some bee hives?

What kind of help are you needing? I have some bees and honeycomb.

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 28, 2012

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Wandering Knitter posted:

I tried out the random people multiplayer last night. Although I mostly got garbage (Soil? Really?) I did manage to get a silkie egg! :woop:

The best part? Why didn't anyone mention you can sheer/milk everyone's animals there! I made a killing last night since people tended to bring their best animals along. And now I can make some pretty, pretty clothes.

One person even brought a brown alpaca...but since it was giving out great wool it 'does count' for the fast brush. drat you Harvest Moon! :argh:

Yeah I have barely shipped anything in weeks, I've just been living off the profit from an extended multiplayer session (and also reluctant to get rid of anything I might need later).

Can Kosaburo move in another day after winter 1? I'm in the first week and he hasn't moved in yet. I just hope I don't have to wait another year.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Twelve by Pies posted:

I've been reading a bit of the thread, and my last real HM game was FoMT, which still remains my favorite of the bunch (despite its awful buggy text). So, I see people talking about "renovations" and requirements to unlock stuff, fertilizer...I'm probably going to get ANB, but how much more involved is it than FoMT? I kind of liked the simplistic stuff as far as cows and farming, and I'm worried that they've added too much micromanagement of stuff and made it less "video-gamey" for lack of a better term. Are my fears unfounded, and it's really not that complicated, or is it more like AWL which I didn't like at all?

Also please tell me the clock stops if I go into a building because that ticked me off about AWL too.

It's really not that complicated. There are a lot of things that you can build, make or unlock that you need materials for but there's no time limit or reason to push yourself if you want to play at a more relaxed pace.

Also you can stop the clock by opening your menu/bag so you can do it at any point.

Met posted:

I don't have the speedy brush yet. I've got 4 barn animals because :effort:.

That might change if I realize I need more to unlock different varieties of animals.

When you have 10 animals and Neil's friendship gets to a certain level he will give the farm bell blueprint which makes getting them outside a lot easier.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Miijhal posted:

The mechanical panda is kind of useful if you can deal with the migraine it'll cause you, but otherwise don't bother.

Does it serve any special purpose other than just for trotting about town? The horse is a lot faster, or becomes faster as its hearts go up.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

McDragon posted:

Incidentally, do all the sorts of honey count for the "ship ten pots of honey" goal or is it just the regular stuff?

I shipped some flower honey and it counted towards the total.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Kruller posted:

Is there an IRC for this so I can ask more questions as I think of them instead of forgetting them by the time I remember this thread exists?

Edit: Also I got a Mystery Seed. Does the text on it give a clue what it will be, or is it random between the mushroom, flower, and star?

Mine says "A mysterious mushroom that grows in a field." Same as yours? I haven't planted mine yet.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Fru Fru posted:

I know everyone here probably already saves before festivals, but in case you don't you should start doing that. I just got to a glitched drink festival that I can't participate in no matter what I try. After the "let me take you to the festival" part, both screens just stay white. The festival music plays but the picture never loads. I tried again after reloading and the same thing happened, then I tried again with a different fruit from my bag and the same thing happened. So I just gave up. I am in year 4 so maybe everyone is just tired of me winning everything.

I've read that there's a glitch with the beverage festival if you marry Ludus. I was actually leaning towards marrying him until I heard about that issue...I hope it can be patched.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

I hope I'm not the only person who generally ignores fertilizing their crops. I'm starting to work on that now and I'm just starting year 2.

I recently discovered my llama will occasionally leap with joy and goddamn is it adorable.

Has anyone maxed out byproduct amounts and can give me an estimate how long that takes (using sweet fodder and treats daily)?

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

ZZT the Fifth posted:

How do you get mega fertilizer or a Shield Goddess? This isn't year 1, is it? I'm on Year 1 Summer 9 and just got the rewards for Farming Tips 1, but I'm still pressed for money pretty badly because I've been buying materials to get my tools to level 2 weight and efficiency faster. Heating up milk from my cows helps a little, but not a whole lot.

Any more general tips anyone has would be appreciated!

e: My wheat that I started growing in Spring came in but it doesn't look like it'll sell for much even at 2 stars. Is there some way I can mill it? I could also save it for the Harvest Festival but I think my tomatoes are going to do better. I'm actually pretty surprised that I won the Spring harvest festival with my potatoes, but I'm happy; potatoes are my favorite vegetable and I'm really hoping to blow up the brand on them.

Buy milk from the westtown grocer instead. Once you unlock the cornmeal flatbread recipe (westown) that is a big moneymaker, as long as you have the dairy maker to make the butter and yogurt. Rice porridge and smoothies are also profitable. Added bonus is it increases town rank quickly by buying ingredients from the town and a boost when you ship them.

You can build a grinder farm circle in year 2 to process wheat etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Zore posted:

Until you find the infinite money recipe that requires ingredients from Tsuybasa :v:

Rice porridge or a different one that I'm not aware of?

The other towns can come up to speed fast... Who needs to do jobs when you can buy 500 rice and 500 soy sauce and achieve the same result?

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Apr 11, 2017

• Locked thread