Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wa27
Jan 15, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

A work in progress:

I need to find a better background than that stock one. And I still feel there's something a little "off" with my column of shortcuts. I mean, I know there's that little tiny piece of the background that "leaks" through on the very left edge, but even beyond that it doesn't seem right...should I "soften" the corners?

Personally I would make the icons circles (not stretched to ovals) and make the rectangles squares. If that means not being able to touch the edge of the screen, then it wouldn't look too bad with a larger gap on the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

DrBouvenstein posted:

I initially had them as squared and I didn't care for it...but that was with a slightly different set up and color scheme, so maybe I'll try again. They reason the icons are more "oval" is basically because of my ineptness at graphic software. I had a "snap to grids" thing turned on, and the number of "grids" that were made forced me to "squish" the icons slightly to get them to "snap" to a centered position. If I kept them as circles, then it kept "snapping" to one side or the other. I'm sure there was a wat to increase the number of "lines" in the grid so I could get an even number and center the icon, but like I said, I suck at that sort of thing.

If you want to keep the rectangles, maybe making them exactly 1/3 of the screen would make them look less "off". Seems like you have a 60/40 thing going on now. Can't help you with the circles though, I also have alignment troubles in Photoshop when I try to do things like that.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Bring Back Noid posted:

what's so important on my phone that I can't wait 2 minutes?

Dialing 911?

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Montalvo posted:

Tapet and Materialistik icons work really well together, IMO.

Except when Tapet does poo poo LIKE THIS GOD DAMNIT

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Zom Aur posted:

If you have the paid version of the app you can disable certain patterns. Some patterns just look like poo poo.

Hey, so there is. I feel like there's been a lot of options added to Tapet since I last looked at the settings. I just got the paid version and a lot of the premium patterns are neat.

I had been doing thumbs downs on pattern like that but when I go in the app it only lists one thumbs down so maybe it lost my history at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Tapet can do a rotating lock screen wallpaper.

• Locked thread