Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Loden Taylor posted:

I finally gave in and got an android phone after all these years. I've been dicking around with it for a while and I finally got something I'm halfway pleased with. LG Spectrum using Apex Launcher, Minimalistic Text and Zooper. Icons are a mix of Holo Icons and Stamped Holo Blue. I'm using a wallpaper changer to keep my space/Homeworld theme going:

I love this style, I'm going to copy most of it, great work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Spekkio posted:

Time for a new look

This looks awesome, great job.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Reverse Centaur posted:

Trying this ”pure google” experience garbage with my new Nexus 6.

Although I'm still an iPhone convert so gently caress the app drawer.

And wow this photo looks like crap on my computer. Gonna blame imgur and/or 4k monitor.

This looks really bad, use the app drawer, and use folders. I am an iPhone convert too and I used folders on my iPhone to keep the phone from just looking like pages of an app drawer.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

gently caress all your razzle-dazzle bullshit.

Love it.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

ulvir posted:

Apex Launcher decided to randomly throw out uninstallable apps at me for no good reason (some "feeling lucky" bullshit). What's a good launcher alternative? Perferably non-bloated and not with a tonne of pointless bundled apps like this crap.

Nova or action launcher 3, which ever you like more, they're both really good.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Here's mine, now that the app tray icon is gone I can finally be at peace with my ex-iphone roots

That earth rotates in the background over time!!! and when you scroll a little bit

Even iPhones had folders, god drat is this horrible.

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

CLAM DOWN posted:

I errored in posting this in the other Android thread, I like my home screen right now

This looks awesome, do you guys with the google bar on the bottom end up hitting it way too often? I currently have mine above the dock and like it there for that reason but it does look nice on the bottom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

I will never get why Android users don't use the whole screen. It's just an extra thing to push.

Also why aren't all apps circles yet god drat gently caress

Because my phone is massive and keeping things near the bottom is great for using it one handed.

Also having icons everywhere is ugly as hell, I use folders to group similar apps so I can save time finding what I want just like how I do on my PC. If I wanted a screen of app icons I'd open the app drawer.

• Locked thread