Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

leidend posted:

This is like babby's first customization experimentation but this is what I have on my Note 3 (Touchwiz/Nova/4.3)

More function than style on the home screen obviously. If your function is to browse social media all day.
The background is really sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Working on a homescreen.

Its kinda based off of [url=http://lifehacker.com/the-target-home-screen-1246759904]this[/url and highly inspired by the game Blooddragon which is where the background comes from. It needs a bit of cleaning up, a higher res background, and to add a few more things, but I am hitting a bit of a wall.

-I'm not too keen on those icons, but its the best I have been able to find.
-I really don't know how I want the pop up widget in the middle to look. I can't really think of a good direction to go with it. I'm thinking I would like to mimic the style of 80's boxart with sort of screen printed image there, but I'm not too sure.

Any suggestions?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

If I am understanding what you mean by a bar behind the icons, Zooper can do this easily. The answer is almost always Zooper.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

Sick, how'd you get your carrier as a persistent notification? I'd love to be reminded of my love for T-Mob every time I look at my phone.

Also my home screen is about the same, but you're supposed to have Gmail/Chrome on the right and Phone/Hangouts on the left. Otherwise, you about reached perfection.

Are you for real?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

RVProfootballer posted:

I like yours too! But I'm more of a fan of simplicity, ease of use, and aesthetic consistency, so RZA Encryption would get my vote for "top android home screen" award.
Maybe I should have bolded the part I was talking about.

RVProfootballer posted:

Sick, how'd you get your carrier as a persistent notification? I'd love to be reminded of my love for T-Mob every time I look at my phone.
I also changed my desktop and now I'm just using this theme for Lightning Launcher. Working on tweaking it a bit to better suit my needs, but LLX is really cool, like the tasker of launchers.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 12, 2014

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I use windows similarly, with a clean desktop and toolbar access to commonly used items. The one thing I do differently though is that I use the desktop as a work space and temporary storage. If there is a project I am working on I will put the resources such as pictures, text files, programs downloaded for niche use on the desktop and then delete them after the project is done.
If its a longer term project I file things away in a folder, but its nice to have that workspace for those things.

On my phone I love widgets and organized folders with apps. I want quick access to as much information as I can.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

noirstronaut posted:

To be fair, if you like having a clean homescreen, you should've chosen a better wallpaper than a logo. And alternatively, you could've just gotten some transparent icons but to each his own.
My home screen is just an off black wallpaper filled with invisible icons. I just have to memorize the location of each app I want to launch.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

porktree posted:

Anyone else using Zooper? I bought it, but I'm running into an issue with the clock not updating - using it in conjunction with Action Launcher 3, which after the latest update seems to crash about once a day.
Zooper does not update in realtime, it refreshes the scripts every minute or so, and also when certain actions take place, then it crates and displays a static .bmp.
If thats not what you are talking about the script might be broken.

Zooper is anything but user friendly, but it works really well and I haven't heard of many problems with it.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

There are also 6 different shades of blue. I don't know what widgets you are using and how customize able they are, but if you could trim that down at all it would clash less.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

If you ditched the screen, you could probably fit a smartphone into an earbud form factor.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Wouldn't e-ink not work at all for a smartphone? If I understand it correctly it uses next to 0 power to display a static image, but a lot of power to change the pixels. Perfect for a book, but horrible for web browsing or anything with lots of screen changes and animations.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I think its just an odd way of attaching the shoulder strap.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Congratulations on copying the worst UI man has ever seen.

I kinda want to do something with those icons and background though, but just use a whole different layout to fallout.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

ijii posted:

One of the houses nearby me also has FBISurveillance. I'm going to need to come up with something more original than my nickname.
It seems like everyone I talk to has an FBI Surveillance Van router near them, myself included. Either the FBI has millions of vans or its a completely unoriginal joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I like both of the last 2 a lot. What Icon packs? and whats that widget slider thing?

• Locked thread