Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bhm
Apr 18, 2002

"I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I was man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?"
I'm now done with the customization. The GUI now fits me like a glove.

I also ordered a custom skin to match from Gela Skins.

I'm so giddy! I can't wait for it to arrive :dance:
I can finally have my gaudy neon space-phone that I've always dreamed of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhm
Apr 18, 2002

"I died a mineral, and became a plant. I died a plant and rose an animal. I died an animal and I was man. Why should I fear? When was I less by dying?"

Essobie posted:

Given the amount of effort put into the whole package, I'm going to assume he made the icons and background himself. I know I wouldn't go that far (custom outer shell?!?!) without using my own source material.
Alas, I wish you were right but I honestly lost control of this little side project as my whole GUI is centered around an icon pack. Read below for details.

Looking back I should have made my icons for e-peen points but I'm going to do that when I flatten the phone and go with a completely different look. Lesson learned :D

Codiusprime posted:

I know the wallpaper is Light Grid, it's a pretty awesome live wallpaper. I bought the Pro version cause holy crap it has a lot of options.
And a cookie to you, monsieur. Right you are.

Anyway, here's a writeup for the GUI. I call it iMEGA MAGIC LIGHT 2000©. The crazy moon language is Swedish. The phone is a Samsung G SII flashed with ICS 4.03, rooted.

The Background is Light Grid Pro. It's loving lovely. For a customization nut like me it's perfect because of the multitude of options.

Here's a video of the Live Wallpaper in action

I'll start off with a description of the main elements and then run through the other four pages + the lock screens.

The cyan bar by the notification bar is the battery meter. The app is called ChargeBar.

The icon set is Glow Legacy Pro (ADW theme) and I basically created my UI around it. It wasn't a conscious decision, since this 'project' snowballed out of control a few nights ago.

The top most widget is Minimalistic Text that links to the alarm clock when you tap it.

Then comes a row of basic app links and the row after that is a bunch of folders sorted by type.

The bottom most widget is Widgetsoid. I love it to death. I'm planning on creating a whole set of tasks that I'm going to link to this. The only hosed up part is that it won't let you choose your own icons. That kind of pisses me off but you can't have everything. I've toned the icons, hidden the separators and chosen white as the indicator color.

The launcher is, of course, ADW-Launcher EX. I also have SPB Mobile Shell but ADW is better by a wide margin and not as big of a drain on the battery.

Here is page 1/5 (from the left):

It's my google calendar and the Widget is Jorte. I've created my own color scheme but sadly the customization options for this app is a loving mess and I barely understood half of the titles of the 6.5 million colors you can edit. loving annoying.

Page 2/5:

It's my most used contacts in a scroll list. Quite handy when you're in a hurry. The widget is Android Pro Widgets using the ICS theme for this widget.

Page 3/5:

It's the home screen. I've mapped my hardware home button to return to this page via ADW-Launcher.

Page 4/5:

Here are my SMS/MMS messages in a list. The widget is, yet again, Android Pro Widgets using the ICS-theme.

Page 5/5:

And this is my "driving" page. I use this when I have the phone docked while driving. I've set it up so it's easy to tap the buttons fast and safe so I don't get my self in a car crash trying to do something simple. I wanted to have CameraPro set up to record videos while I drive in case of an accident. The sad thing is that it can't record while in the background so I can't have the navigation running while using this. Does anyone know of an alternative that isn't a crashprone buggy piece of poo poo? The widget is Car Widget Pro.

Here's my 'pre-lock screen'-lock screen:

The blurred part is my e-mail address.
The app for the lockscreen is Widget Locker. The clock and text is Minimalistic Text and the flashlight widget is Tesla LED (donate) since I need it when navigating to my bed at night without dying on the way.

And my lock screen:
The background image:

which is a modified version of this wallpaper of unkown origins.

Future things to sort out:
-get the widget on the lockscreen to match my GUI. Any ideas?
-get locale set up and running.
-find a way to change the title of the "favorites" widget. Bleh.

Aaaaaand I'm done. Now you can't complain about me not posting what I'm using :P

Edit: Fixed the huge images.

Bhm fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Feb 22, 2012

Bhm
Apr 18, 2002

I've been using this setup for a while now. Quite a break of habit for me since I usually go with [random color] on black.
I've obsessed over the unified orange/white/black color scheme and finally struck gold with the MIUI rom. This ROM is loving amazing.

I've spent a considerable amount of time "perfecting" the look of everything and combined with the orange on white color scheme in MIUI I can now say that I'm content. (a true eyecandy-whore is never really done)
Moon language is Swedish.

Main home screen:
The minimalistic text strip is split into three parts.
Left for date/week info. Center for time info (tapping it brings up alarms. Right for weather info (Low/Current/High, tapping it brings up the weather app).

Favorite contacts:

2 week calendar:

PowerAMP:

Car dock screen for easy access:

And a simple description:

Bhm
Apr 18, 2002

I'm getting there but not quite yet. Can't put my finger on it...

Bhm fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 8, 2015

• Locked thread