Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I'm kind of surprised at how many people are going with a black/white theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Nupraptor posted:

The status bar I'm using was a variation of "Smoked Glass" for the Droid X, but I honestly don't remember where I got it from.

I think you got it from this xda thread

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Pennant posted:

what would people recommend in the way of music apps that have a home screen widget?
Do you mean home screen widget or lock screen widget? I thought pretty much all music apps had a home screen widget.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

big mean giraffe posted:

Why not just a contact shortcut, that way you don't have to have two seperate shortcuts for the same person.
That would take two button presses (and a short wait for a popup menu), wouldn't it?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
And here's my Motorola Droid X10 (:v:) front page.

Beautiful Widgets Home and Weather with blackcashmere clock font.

Middle is a market app called Contact Widget (direct call to wife's mobile), on the right is the Beautiful Brightness widget (toggle between 12% and 100%).

Bottom is Pure Messenger showing email, scrollable list.

LauncherPro dock with Dialer, Universal Inbox, App Tray, Messaging, and GTalk.

The rest of the pages are pretty much standard LauncherPro widgets.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Do you mean "what are the dimensions of the box used by a Launcher Pro 2x1 widget?"

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Casao posted:

More or less, the Desktop Visualizer widgets for it.
I'd go with the screenshop -> Gimp or Photoshop method Iananan mentioned. Going to change with screen resolution, I'd guess.

The only concrete info I can find is that Launcher Pro's dock is 84 pixels high.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Shadowhand00 posted:

Which theme are you using for the clock fonts?
Looks like the Beautiful Widget clock skin ANDRODena_BUff.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Sounds like not many people use the "long press Home to show recently used apps" thing, huh? I don't use it much myself.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Remmiz posted:

I use a ton. Say you open a browser while in another app to check something, how do you get back to the first app you were in?
Personally, I'm not "in an app" very much, and those that I'm in are pretty few and are handled by widgets, the (Launcher Pro) dock, and the notification bar (for, say, streamers).

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

mutata posted:

What's the weather widget, precious?
Looks like Beautiful Widgets' Beautiful Weather 1x1 widget with the FlatWhite weather skin.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Living Vicariously posted:

Okay, how do you get the widgets to overlap like that? I saw another layout that did something similar.
Place the Simi clock widget in a small area, then add and position the other widgets, and at the end resize the Simi widget to cover the others.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

big mean giraffe posted:

The second one looks like a custom skin of the Launcher Pro widget, but I could be wrong.
Close. It's the regular LP calendar widget (syncing with multiple calendars which gives the different colored bars), but they've changed their system font.

(the little Tasks widget at the bottom is a separate widget, no idea what that is)

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Yeah, I guess you're right, it has constant transparency.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Events can be one-time affairs, you know. See: Mazda Inspection. Also, might be a shared calendar.

Although that laundry thing made me double-take, too. My wife would nod her head approvingly at your list-making prowess, yam.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Don't know, Binge, works fine on my Droid X.

Are you talking about the icons that are layered over/under SimiClock? Because that gets a little funky.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Resonance22 posted:

Three questions: is there any way to set it so my dock changes when I switch pages? For example, if I swipe left and go to a page with my twitter feed, I'd like my dock to have 5 apps related to social crap (facebook, etc). Launcher pro lets me scroll my dock around, but I want it to switch when I switch pages.
If it changes every page, then it's not really a dock, is it? It's just shortcuts at the bottom of the screen.

That being said, I don't know if it's possible to hide a dock and put icons in that spot.

As far as the weather animation, delete the Clock widget and re-add it. On the last step, uncheck "show full screen animation".

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

ShaneB posted:

I had LP on my sense-based ROM for awhile and it doesn't seem to do much different for me?
Part of the reason for that is the fact that some of LPs added features are already included in Sense -- like the "zoom out to see all your home screens" thing, and the custom widgets (which pretty much mimic the Sense widgets).

Another reason may be that you had it installed a few months ago, before LP had all the impressive dock features. Up to three docks of five shortcuts each, each dock icon can have two actions assigned to it -- one for press, one for swipe.

Plus it has the ability to make shortcuts to "Activities", which go a little deeper than just launching apps (e.g. you can put a shortcut on your screen that directly takes you to something two or three pages deep in your Settings).

Being able to set the number of rows/columns on your homescreen (up to 10) can be pretty handy, too, especially on phones with large screens.

Then a bunch of cosmetic stuff that may or may not interest you -- like a "3D" app tray (think Star Wars opening text, kind of), a painless way of changing your dock background, the ability to loop your homescreens (i.e. swipe right from the rightmost screen to take you to the leftmost screen), and stuff like that.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Tigren posted:

That's part of the background with invisible Desktop Visualizer shortcuts on top.
So here's a stupid question: Why doesn't the bar show on the other homescreens? Do you have your "main" screen set as the leftmost one and it scrolls off?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

BathroomTile posted:

I assume you're using BW, right? Which weather skin is that?
It's called FlatWhite.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

benisntfunny posted:

Honest question - if I find a apk of pure calendar widget agenda and install it will updates appear back in my market (I own it) its missing ever since I switched to my droid x.
When you go to My Apps in the market, doesn't "Pure Calendar Widget (agenda)" show up as Purchased?

What I mean is, I can find it on the market using my Droid X.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Don't even try, man. You got caught pirating a $2.04 app for your new $250 toy. I'd just slink away quietly.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

benisntfunny posted:

I'd guess I'm not able to - not sure why my Droid X would be different from another person's especially running stock. I'm rooted but that shouldn't make a drat of difference. I tried a "Market Enabler" but that did all of nothin' for me.
Now that I think of it, at one point I edited the fingerprint line in build.prop. I think I did that before my last wipe, but can't remember.

What happens if you search the market for "Francois Deslandes"? I get seven results.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

10-4 Tango posted:

Is there a way to change the stock taskbar's look to something like this without rooting?
Don't think so.

From what I understand, the notification bar "theming" stuff is in a file called framework.res and you have to be rooted to change it.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Secret Sweater posted:

okcupid app? :mmmhmm:

Has anyone heard of any theme that will give me a black notification and only a black notification bar? I don't really care for anything else :S
You have to root to do that, so it's going to depend on the phone.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Prowler posted:

I have regressed a little after Christmas, but I really like this theme.

Ultimate Droid 2.5
Launcher Pro MOD (clear red)
Happen to know the name of that font?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Oh, that's also the Zune font, isn't it?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Blue Dad posted:

I can't seem to find it online now, but it came bundled when I flashed Cognition. I'll see if I can grab it for you somehow, though.
If I remember correctly, people were discussing that wallpaper earlier.

(That is, you can probably find it in the first half of this thread).

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Dayne posted:

Is there an app or widget that allows me to cram 4 shortcuts in a 1x2 area like the crudely done MS Paint mockup below?
Not that I know of, but you can fake it with LauncherPro -- you can make the screen "size" as large as 10x10 cells, then place your widgets and enlarge them as necessary.

The size is global to all homescreens, though.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Well, poo poo, I didn't realize Widgetsoid let you make vertical widgets.

e: The icons are pretty tiny, though. Any way to change that?

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jan 16, 2011

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I'm still using Launcher Pro, which hasn't been updated in a while. Do any of the other alternative launchers have a feature that mimics Sense's "scenes" yet?

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

nate fisher posted:

Pretty much. I wouldn't call them spots, but more like rings (kind of acid washed, but the same color).
Try setting the wallpaper with a free app called Wallpaper Set & Save, and see if that fixes the problem.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Maker Of Shoes posted:

gesture support.
That reminds me, LPP allows you to have both "tap" and "swipe" actions for dock icons. -- ADW doesn't seem to have that.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Silver Newt posted:

I downloaded launcherpro plus, but it doesn't show up as an app or a widget. Am I just being thick, or is there a way to get it to appear?
Reboot might solve it, or you need a launcher switcher app, like Home Switcher or Home Manager.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

taste posted:

I use a rubber case and it's kind of awkward because I have to put part of my finger under the case to get a hold of the notification bar. It's hit or miss really. I like the case though because it's the only one I've found that protects the camera since it sticks out on the Inspire.
This doesn't answer your resizing question directly, but one thing LPP lets you do is assign a swipe action for each dock icon. One of the available swipe options is Open Notification Bar. I have that set on my app tray icon -- tap to open app tray, swipe to open notifications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Not true! It puts voice search one tap away. So, close to zero use.

A reminder for LPP people going for non-clutter: don't forget about the swipe action for dock icons.

• Locked thread