Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice

Radish posted:

Seriously. Benson had it rough this episode.

I was actually a little moved by his speech to Mordecai & Rigby about how losing his job would leave him with absolutely nothing. I'm sure we all know people who are basically only kept sane by the consistency and fulfillment their jobs bring them so it was, in my opinion, a rather realistic reaction to the situation at hand. More realistic than a talking gumball machine has any right to be.

Edit: Benson's VA is great, I like how you can hear his voice cracking a good three lines before he actually breaks down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

NiceGuy posted:

I was actually a little moved by his speech to Mordecai & Rigby about how losing his job would leave him with absolutely nothing. I'm sure we all know people who are basically only kept sane by the consistency and fulfillment their jobs bring them so it was, in my opinion, a rather realistic reaction to the situation at hand. More realistic than a talking gumball machine has any right to be.

Edit: Benson's VA is great, I like how you can hear his voice cracking a good three lines before he actually breaks down.

Plus as it's been mentioned a few times before he's really trying to help his employees become better workers as opposed to just not giving a poo poo. Also you are totally right the voice acting in the show is typically pretty top notch. I wanna watch a video of Benson's VA when he's doing one of those freak outs.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:03 on May 15, 2012

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Radish posted:

Plus as it's been mentioned a few times before he's really trying to help his employees become better workers as opposed to just not giving a poo poo. Also you are totally right the voice acting in the show is typically pretty top notch. I wanna watch a video of Benson's VA when he's doing one of those freak outs.

It's crazy how he voices Benson, Pops, and Muscleman.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

NiceGuy posted:

Yeah, his speech was actually heartbreaking. Benson works so hard, and receives so few rewards and so little recognition for it. When his employees gently caress up, he's the one who has to face the music. It's sad.

Whiirrr
Feb 14, 2006

Soiled Meat
I thought that episode was quite a bummer. I kinda hope that they make Benson a happier guy, although it seems like he's just becoming more angry over time.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

He was happy for 30 seconds at least.

boop bweep beep boop

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Benson's peak moment for me remains at, "hahaha, and I'll be all, GET BACK TO WORK!"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

5er posted:

Benson's peak moment for me remains at, "hahaha, and I'll be all, GET BACK TO WORK!"

Seriously, that is probably my favorite moment in the entire show. I can watch that preview clip 50 times in a row and still laugh my rear end off every single time.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The end "fight" in the hologram episode was possibly better than the ending of Trash Boat.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Inspector_71 posted:

The end "fight" in the hologram episode was possibly better than the ending of Trash Boat.

My favorite 'fight' was the 'Bloodsport' kumite homage with Benson and the tabletop hockey game. His nemesis? An homage to Tong Po from Kickboxer.

And in case anyone else is amused with movie trivia... Tong Po's actor- Michel Qissi- is not Thai but Moroccan, and was ALSO in Bloodsport (as the tall Brazilian kickboxer), and Lionheart (as 'Moustafa').

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The table hockey game episode was a bit odd after watching an earlier episode the other day. The one where Benson hangs out with Mordecai and Rigby for a bit, there's a quick scene where they're in the garage playing the table hockey game and he's so happy he scored on them.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Oh my god how have I not watched this show before? Going from "We can get a car just from standing around?" to "Shut your face! We need to use your time machine!" seamlessly in ten minutes? This is wonderful.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Radish posted:

I like Benson a lot. You can also tell he can be a pretty cool guy because he's nice to Skips and Pops. We don't tend to see him at his best because he's not generally working with his best employees.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Oh my god how have I not watched this show before? Going from "We can get a car just from standing around?" to "Shut your face! We need to use your time machine!" seamlessly in ten minutes? This is wonderful.

It's easier to count the episodes where they do not summon a demon, tear the fabric of reality, or piss off someone who turns out to be able to level a city in their effort to slack off at work or obtain a small luxury item.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Christmas posted:

It's easier to count the episodes where they do not summon a demon, tear the fabric of reality, or piss off someone who turns out to be able to level a city in their effort to slack off at work or obtain a small luxury item.
Wait, do you mean there's episodes where the mundane situation doesn't evolve into a fantastical conflict with dazzling effects and absurdly high stakes?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Wait, do you mean there's episodes where the mundane situation doesn't evolve into a fantastical conflict with dazzling effects and absurdly high stakes?

Well there are just ones with random fist fights every now and then.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

KungFu Grip posted:

Well there are just ones with random fist fights every now and then.

Yeah, I think the karaoke episode was actually pretty "tame". And the quake at the end of the Solids episode felt almost like they got nine minutes into a relationship-heavy episode then went "Oh crap, right, we need something supernatural to happen!"

Still wondering what horrible thing Rigby had Mordecai do.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Weekend at Benson's didn't involve anything supernatural, other than the crazy trip off of :airquote:spicy foods:airquote:. The pro wrestling episode involved guys with multiple limbs and reptile features, but that's no more wield than the main characters, and they didn't have hulk powers like Starla or Cloudy Jane. Same with the unicorns.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Dr Christmas posted:

Weekend at Benson's didn't involve anything supernatural, other than the crazy trip off of :airquote:spicy foods:airquote:. The pro wrestling episode involved guys with multiple limbs and reptile features, but that's no more wield than the main characters, and they didn't have hulk powers like Starla or Cloudy Jane. Same with the unicorns.

I like how reptile men, guys with multiple arms and unicorns aren't considered supernatural in Regular Show. It's Magical Realism at its most gonzo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Dr Christmas posted:

I wouldnt even count Cloudy Jane's storm mode as supernatural, I mean she is a living cloud after all.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

KungFu Grip posted:

I wouldnt even count Cloudy Jane's storm mode as supernatural, I mean she is a living cloud after all.

The supernatural part of that episode was when it suggested a Nice Guy like Mordecai may have wormed his way out of Margaret's friend-zone. (I kid, I kid)

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Haha Death made no plans whatsoever.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

What are you talking about he clearly made reservations at that extra fancy, extra available place.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of cockney, biker jerk death.

EDIT: Didn't realize the baby was voiced by Worf...

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 29, 2012

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Is he Cockney, or Aussie?

Anyway:

HEY YOU GUYS HURRY UP! FOR SOME REASON IT'S STARTING TO SMELL LIKE B.O. IN HERE.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
So happy Mordecai got a dance at the end. :)

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That ending was really sweet, especially after getting used to the immovable status quo in most shows. Also, was the Lady Gaga/Madonna character actually called Ladonna?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I always laugh whenever Mordecai or Rigby wear clothes, Mordecai in a shirt and tie will never not be hilarious to me.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Muscle Mentor might be the least weird/supernatural episode of the entire series. And it even has Rigby riding Muscle Man like a bull.

Also Benson's gotta wear those aviators all the time.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Chairman Mao posted:

Holy poo poo what am I watching

I am totally implementing this as my PSVita desktop.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Chairman Mao posted:

Holy poo poo what am I watching

Is there a higher res picture of this?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Tonight was a decent episode, but I kept expecting Muscledad to not actually be dead until he showed up as a ghost.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I just saw that episode. It was strangely... sweet. Never thought I'd say that about a Muscleman episode.

Tartarus Sauce
Jan 16, 2006

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
I love how every character has a back-story that is just starting to unfold. This time, we learned Mitch's last name--sounds Jewish, what?

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Dolash posted:

Yeah, I think the karaoke episode was actually pretty "tame". And the quake at the end of the Solids episode felt almost like they got nine minutes into a relationship-heavy episode then went "Oh crap, right, we need something supernatural to happen!"

Still wondering what horrible thing Rigby had Mordecai do.

Holy poo poo thank you for reminding me. I was kicking myself for not asking him that when I saw J.G. Quintel in person at Comic Con last year. This year, I won't forget.

The mystery will be revealed!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cardboard Box posted:

I just saw that episode. It was strangely... sweet. Never thought I'd say that about a Muscleman episode.

I definitely preferred it to Muscleman tormenting Rigby all day while Benson watched; that one was kind of unpleasant. Made Benson seem less "angry but usually somewhat reasonable and a cool guy" and more "dickbag", and somehow made Muscleman even more of an rear end than he usually is.

Conversely, as mentioned this last episode was pretty dang good. Also, the phrase "hat ashes" amuses me a lot more than it should.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I thought it was kinda funny that High-Five Ghost couldn't deal with death/loss despite being a ghost himself. I guess it brings back painful memories :ghost:

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
http://teefury.com/

Before tonight's episode, in which the park gets a new cart (the Guten Tag), check out this Teefury shirt. I prefer the other Regular Show shirt they sold, but this will probably interest someone.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Oh man, they brought the cart to life. This can't end well :smith:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
In a Normal Show, the cart would rebel against its creators at the end of the episode to prevent its inevitable death. In Regular Show, the cart goes out in acceptance as the broest of all bros in a blaze of glory.

I love this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Grimace posted:

In a Normal Show, the cart would rebel against its creators at the end of the episode to prevent its inevitable death. In Regular Show, the cart goes out in acceptance as the broest of all bros in a blaze of glory.

I love this show.

Then they have to fish it out of the ocean.

• Locked thread