Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

M.c.P posted:

... Where's Annie's magic ethero-cut?
An excellent observation. Perhaps it is suppressed as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Warmachine posted:

Brinnie? That'd be out of nowhere. Their magic doesn't even look alike. Then again, Jenny was kind of out of nowhere too. Like really out of nowhere. Suddenly Jack has a girlfriend that's totally not-Zimmy and she's also a witch! Anyone else feeling a bit jarred?

No because it's a school full of magic motherfuckers. Like that one chapter where the guy runs into a fuckin' chinese moon goddess.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
attending a conference, no less

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

SHISHKABOB posted:

No because it's a school full of magic motherfuckers. Like that one chapter where the guy runs into a fuckin' chinese moon goddess.

Yeah, Jenny popping up like she did really sells the idea that the Court is a huge place, and just because Annie is fairly prominently placed, there's still all sorts of stuff that she never sees.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost
But seriously, what kind of chick gets teleported to Fun City and immediately goes :woop: "This is great!" Lookit those big rear end grins, Jack and Jenny are loving this poo poo.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Parts Kit posted:

Or maybe she's American and she's all 'woah it's so loving British!'

Birmingham could probably fool an American into thinking it's charming. Some parts, at least.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
So she knows about Jack's obsession and her thoughts about it include a "hehe"? At this point I'm half-expecting her to turn out to be Coyote.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
Oh, Kat's not a mecha thing!

... I'm not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm really liking Jenny and I REALLY hope she doesn't die this chapter.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

fffff posted:

Assuming that's a real Kat and not another fake one like the first time in fun city. Actually we've never really seen Kat in Fun City have we?

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Carrasco posted:

So she knows about Jack's obsession and her thoughts about it include a "hehe"? At this point I'm half-expecting her to turn out to be Coyote.
"Our names have a theme, my love. How could he give that up?"

fffff posted:

Y'know, everyone was betting Paz would save the day by talking to some animal or other, but perhaps that's a liability in Fun City.

Lunar Suite
Jun 5, 2011

If you love a flower which happens to be on a star, it is sweet at night to gaze at the sky. All the stars are a riot of flowers.
"Student Cadena-Blanco, P. Ability to communicate with animals. No threat."
Are they on a ship with a huge fuckoff crab lady in the waters beneath it or not.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Lunar Suite posted:

"Student Cadena-Blanco, P. Ability to communicate with animals. No threat."
Are they on a ship with a huge fuckoff crab lady in the waters beneath it or not.

Yes, but anyone can communicate with Lindsey.

Also, Jenny is hella secure. She knows her boyfriend is obsessed with another girl and she doesn't give a poo poo.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Zemyla posted:

Yes, but anyone can communicate with Lindsey.

Presumably only Paz can understand her back right now, though.

I wonder if Lindsey got sucked into Zimmyham.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

MikeJF posted:

I wonder if Lindsey got sucked into Zimmyham.

Oh god, what would she turn into? :magical:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why would she turn into anything

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

An excellent observation. Perhaps it is suppressed as well.

I think this shows that their physical bodies are in Zimmingham rather than just their etheric selves as in previous visits.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014

A Sometimes Food posted:

Assuming that's a real Kat and not another fake one like the first time in fun city. Actually we've never really seen Kat in Fun City have we?

No, I don't think we have.

I think I've settled on disappointed. Chapter's not over, though. :unsmigghh:

edit: Just now hit me that we can't see her face at all.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

neogeo0823 posted:

Oh god, what would she turn into? :magical:

Lindsey turns into a mild-mannered, mundane-looking humanoid in Fun City.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Tollymain posted:

Why would she turn into anything

Because if she's hanging around the boat, she's likely in the field of ether. Who knows what Zimmyville did to her.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

neogeo0823 posted:

Because if she's hanging around the boat, she's likely in the field of ether. Who knows what Zimmyville did to her.

And our precedent for living people turning into somethjng else when brought into Fun Town is?

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Tollymain posted:

And our precedent for living people turning into somethjng else when brought into Fun Town is?

Granted, but Lindsay isn't exactly a standard human. She does exist in multiple dimensions, after all, and is etheric. No telling how she'll react to this.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Tollymain posted:

Annie and Zimmy turned into each other

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

it's been a while since we've seen Reynard, I want to say not much since the Hetty arc?

Wonder how he's doin'

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

pik_d posted:

Annie and Zimmy turned into each other

If I recall correctly, Zimmy was the only one who saw them that way.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Zimmy sees things, on top of people sometimes looking different in the ether.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Jenny knows she's a silver medal and doesn't give a gently caress. Maximum confidence.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

mr. stefan posted:

Jenny knows she's a silver medal and doesn't give a gently caress. Maximum confidence.

I think they're both just aware that Zimmy as a romantic rival is such a ludicrous concept that it's not worth worrying about. It's like her boyfriend has an odd fetish, nothing more.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
I wonder if the Zimmy Lite haircut is a calculated gesture.

M.c.P
Mar 27, 2010

Stop it.
Stop all this nonsense.

Nap Ghost

a medical mystery posted:

it's been a while since we've seen Reynard, I want to say not much since the Hetty arc?

Wonder how he's doin'

He's got his own room with a doggy basket, books, and one of those cat jungle gym things. Also he co-chairs the Anthony Carver is a Bit of a Tosser Association. He's been keepin' on.

As for Jenny, I'm just wondering if Jack asks her to wear red contact lenses sometimes.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

M.c.P posted:

He's got his own room with a doggy basket, books, and one of those cat jungle gym things. Also he co-chairs the Anthony Carver is a Bit of a Tosser Association. He's been keepin' on.

As for Jenny, I'm just wondering if Jack asks her to wear red contact lenses sometimes.

She was probably wearing a pair on her own initiative and that's what prompted him to introduce himself :v:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Okay honey, now pour this black paint in your eyes and then throw this box of spiders at my face. Aww, yeah, that's how I like it.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

BobTheJanitor posted:

Okay honey, now pour this black paint in your eyes and then throw this box of spiders at my face. Aww, yeah, that's how I like it.

Do you know how long she was looking for someone else into that?

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Bell_ posted:

Do you know how long she was looking for someone else into that?

Clearly they don't have craigslist in GC. There's probably 500 people like that you could find with a quick search. (No, I'm not going to check)

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Let's speculate on the kinky sex lives of these fifteen-year-olds

Or are they still fourteen?

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 20, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Ditocoaf posted:

I think they're both just aware that Zimmy as a romantic rival is such a ludicrous concept that it's not worth worrying about. It's like her boyfriend has an odd fetish, nothing more.

They might also both be aware that it's just a hosed up side effect of Jack's spider possession.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Really Pants posted:

Let's speculate on the kinky sex lives of these fifteen-year-olds

Or are they still fourteen?

It's the end of their third year, so they should all be 14 by now. One or two exceptions might still be 13.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh hi there. You look different.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Thats some straight loving Akira right there, holy poo poo. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Is this Kat's time to see etheric beings as everyone else sees them?