Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Send Antimony to the court... I need to mess with Reynardine's heart one last time..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

I seem to recall it being a thing that Anthony was involved in the Surma-Renard plot on the basis of thinking something really ought to be done about Renard, but I might be misremembering. The point is that the two of them have a history, and considering how much Rey hates Anthony, if the feeling is at all mutual Anthony would certainly have a Plan to resolve the Renard Problem as he sees fit.

Actually, it appears the people who had the most to do with Renard-Surma stuff where the Donlans. Anthony is suspiciously absent from that part of the story.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Blackheart posted:

Oh God I hope it's exactly this, maybe with a chair.

Anthony doesn't need to sleep. When his day's duties are complete, he simply stands in an empty room, staring blankly at the wall until morning and it irritates him that Annie doesn't do the same.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Blackheart posted:

Oh God I hope it's exactly this, maybe with a chair.
A chair you say?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Look at that chair. I wonder if Reanrd is sitting in it.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Goddamnit why didn't they stay and listen to Annie.

Colonel Cool
Dec 24, 2006

The chair swivels. Anthony is sitting in it, fingers steepled.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Who's Reanrd? Is it a nickname for Eglamore?

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Annie is gonna narc them out

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
Smitty's amazing power is always a sight to see! Nothing's going to go wrong, you guys worry too much! :buddy:

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Kassad posted:

Who's Reanrd? Is it a nickname for Eglamore?

For some reason this is the very first thing I noticed..

Nice house, though.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so uh, why isn't annie living there, instead of in whatever the gently caress she's in

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
*Chair swivels around, revealing Anthony with a bound and gagged Renard sitting in his lap*

"Miss Donlan, miss Parley, mister Smith. I've been expecting you."

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I think the comment is the most important thing in this thread, given that Old Tone has been unable to persuade Renard to come out of inanimate soft toy status. They teleported into the Ether.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Anthony is super into minimalism, love that dude's taste in interior design

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Am I the only one who thinks Reynard *is* the chair now?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Turns out Anthony just glued some googly eyes on it

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The chair had been damaged and its cushion lost some of its fluff. Tony repaired it by using the guts of the wolf plush.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

thespaceinvader posted:

I think the comment is the most important thing in this thread, given that Old Tone has been unable to persuade Renard to come out of inanimate soft toy status. They teleported into the Ether.

Why not just into Renard's mind? It sure looks like his kind of place.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Fangz posted:

Am I the only one who thinks Reynard *is* the chair now?

Someone's been reading Use of Weapons too much.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
From panel left, Ximinez says "so you think you are strong because you can survive the soft cushions. Well, we shall see. Biggles! Put her in the Comfy Chair!"

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Everyone keeps saying "swivel" for that chair when it's clearly got legs and not wheels, what's Tony gonna do, stand up, drag it round to be facing the right way and then sit back down with his fingers steepled

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Freudian posted:

Everyone keeps saying "swivel" for that chair when it's clearly got legs and not wheels, what's Tony gonna do, stand up, drag it round to be facing the right way and then sit back down with his fingers steepled

God I hope so.

If he does that I'll join team Tony.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Freudian posted:

Gunnerkrigg/Paranatural crossover. Tony is actually Spender.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Freudian posted:

Well if he's in that chair he's sitting curled up like a cat, it'd be good to stand up and stretch his legs out.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
"It's not my blood" strip with Anthony walking in on Annie and coyote

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

What if Renard's empty old body is in that chair? I don't actually know why that would be, but it's one way this could go off the rails.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Tollymain posted:

so uh, why isn't annie living there, instead of in whatever the gently caress she's in

Idk maybe try reading the recent parts of the comic

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

thespaceinvader posted:

I would have laughed if they teleported into the forest next to a vacant fox body.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Could be someone else has already swapped Renard with an empty toy (hence him being unresponsive to Anthony) and this isn't even Anthony's place.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

YF-23 posted:

Could be someone else has already swapped Renard with an empty toy (hence him being unresponsive to Anthony) and this isn't even Anthony's place.

This is an intriguing idea. I could see Antimony's declaration that she would free him if he wanted it as giving a loophole to let him free himself as soon as he genuinely wanted it. If this is the case, I think it would be Eglamore helping him.

I don't think that's the case, though. Those last two panels seem really ominous to me. The feeling of dread each update is weaker this chapter, but I'm still feeling it.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Well it's not like Anthony got from Annie to his house in the span of like a minute so it's not like he's waiting for them

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Rei_ posted:

Well it's not like Anthony got from Annie to his house in the span of like a minute so it's not like he's waiting for them

What if it's just the house next door.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Lmbo guys it's an establishing shot of the man Anthony's daily life in order to characterize him further. The next strip will be seeing the rest of his Spartan yet tasteful household decor. He'll probably have some nice photos of his family and we'll learn more about him hooray.

Oh no wait RENARD IS THE CHAIR NOW HOLY poo poo!!!!!!!!!

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Wittgen posted:

This is an intriguing idea. I could see Antimony's declaration that she would free him if he wanted it as giving a loophole to let him free himself as soon as he genuinely wanted it. If this is the case, I think it would be Eglamore helping him.

I don't think that's the case, though. Those last two panels seem really ominous to me. The feeling of dread each update is weaker this chapter, but I'm still feeling it.

I don't think Renard can go free, I do think that someone else could've done the sneaking and stealing first. This does look like it could be Eglamore's place, but I think if anyone did the stealing it would be Jones. Or hell, maybe Brinnie comes in place to help with that. She can teleport too so she can do sneaky stealy things without being noticed.

Either way "someone stole and replaced Renard with a regular doll" seems the most likely scenario to explain Renard being unresponsive to Anthony.

fffff
Feb 11, 2014
I wonder if this is Anthony's closet?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
The most likely reason for renard not responding to Anthony's orders is that his familial bond with Annie is stronger than the force that keeps him otherwise bound to her orders.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

That's always a likely answer but it feels too cliche to me.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS
I think it's going to be more along the lines of permission under duress is no permission at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

YF-23 posted:

That's always a likely answer but it feels too cliche to me.

Yeah renard being spirited away by brinnie the character no one has seen for like thirty years fits the themes and ideas of the story a lot better than some cliche thing