Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Yeah but on the other hand goddamn that wedding dress geez.

It’s a terribly done job, but the original wasn’t that good either tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Mysticblade posted:

The Shadowverse thread is dead so I figured I'd just post it here instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUuvfTard3c

They're announcing Shadowverse 2, it's coming out Summer 2024. It's got mahjong, fishing, football and Dragalia Lost for some reason? No idea why but I'm down for it.

sick

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

if you dont think astral chain counts as an rpg im going to kick your rear end

I don’t think it counts as good :twisted:

e: someone did this exact joke already!! shoot!!!

Erg fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Dec 21, 2023

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Re:Link is going to whip so much rear end.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah I agree entirely. I think the game would have benefited from more time away from him, or at least more time that's just Rean and the faculty to make you actually feel like an instructor as well. It's funny how Sara had the class do their own thing for most of CS1 for obvious reasons and here Rean is just glued at the hip to his students lol.

Yeah I would have rathered making Juna the viewpoint character, or like you said having Rean being more divorced from the class

The start of chapter 1 where Juna obviously hates his guts and the rest are mostly neutral is the best bit to me lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Looper posted:

vanillaware never misses

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I would like another single player YGO game since I enjoy those more than Master Duel since modern competitive YGO is just too insane for me. The SP games are locked down enough to be fun.

i got so mad at the one that in universe about recapping seasons of the anime at a museum exhibit or something

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

One of two times in the entire series I did the 'retry but make it easier' option lol my team B sucked.

E: read 'dungeon' as 'dragon' so might be a different boss...

lol

Many such cases of this happening to cool and smart RPG fans players

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

I’d like to know who came up with the boat sequence in Golden Sun so I can pick their brain on why they made it that way

the boat sequence was goated for having the option to set up the most unbalanced crew possible and sail to the bonus dungeon early lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The quote was in response to a dunk about Nintendo not actually helping the Xenoblade team’s dev process

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

they did help on xenoblade 1 but, then they did also steal their entire team to get botw finished, forcing xenoblade 2 to be made via contract devs and leading to it being the most unstable and buggy game in the series. both of these statements are true. xenoblade 2's technical issues are less notable now but it's still the only game in the series that has a chance to just randomly lock up on a load screen for no reason

Oh agreed they got hosed that way, just wanted to call out why the quote was relevant since the convo went straight to talking about dev processes at square :cheerdoge:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

happy with persona 3load so far. i was worried they'd go story-heavy on it but nah, they just toss you in the tower and tell you to have fun.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

this is my favorite 2-man paradigm shift

lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Cube

Nice framerate lol

The 10 fps only convinces me further this game will be ftw

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

3 is not only the peak of the wild arms series but a shining beacon of PS2 JRPGs and JRPGs in general

Sorry that’s mana khemia 2, the purest distillation of ftw battle system possible

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Mana Khemia 2 is sadly tarnished by having to play through it twice but without feeling like it has enough content to back that up.

played it when I was 14 and could only afford one game every 3 months so this is overruled

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Inspector Gesicht posted:

If Xenoblade 3 was 1/10 on the horny scale, since the cast has no concept of sexuality and the outfits are modest, where is Xenoblade 2? Playing it next week.

having reviewed this post, xb2 is too horny and hot to handle and it'd save us all some trouble if you skipped it

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Enough weird robot dudes and horny anime babes. Where are the games with horny robot dudes and weird anime babes.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

the last word we've gotten about any older tales games getting pc ports is a steamdb entry for tales of destiny director's cut... three years ago

Tales of graces’ 15 year anniversary is this December. Surely THIS time

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Raxivace posted:

This can't be true because that would make me feel old. That teaser trailer for Graces that used a Destiny 2 track must surely only be a year or two old in actuality, right?

ive reached the nirvana of going, "huh, thought that was more recent" and moving on with my day

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

PLaying a game that takes 20 hours to get to where it tutorializes the first of the 4 hit combo that makes up a huge portion of combat in a chapter all about the main character being sat down and mentored and very very slowly explained poo poo about being a Driver and thinking "This is TOO FAST PACED! Please spend more time explaining poo poo to me!" is so alien to me.

This guy is posting 100% stupidly but let’s not got overboard and pretend 2’s tutorials/combat pacing aren’t dogshit lol

If someone’s not getting the actual themes of the story that’s on them but normal people playing 2 are also going to be asking wtf is happening with the combat system

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I liked XC3 but I felt like I spent 75% of the game shuffling jobs around between characters

this was optimal because it meant meters were always filling

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i like the xc3 villains who are just sassy theater kids in armor. they pwn.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

just "UNICORN OVERLORD" imo

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Booky posted:

its the year of the rpg baby!!!!

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

13 sentinels and odin spehere: lufthraiser ftw

hype for unicorn overlord (hours 7-80) to unlock in 5 days

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

you can absolutely do what you want in etrian odyssey

Paging user theshim (?), a local poster who has been slowly doing single class challenges in basically every EO game lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

mycot posted:

Those people are the backbone of the internet.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

it the power of acquiring pc port and playing the game for the first time since i was 15. i never actually once beat kingdom hearts only one i ever put significant time into was 2. kh2 was so sick. i bet it's still gonna be sick when i get to it

having done the kh1 -> 2 march last year, you're right

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

god for destroying the tower of babel

lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Just turn the combat to easy and forget about it IMO.

thought the combat was fun on normal but this tbh

story's worth enjoying on its own and the visual spectacle of 13 sentinels combat is very cool even if you don't wanna engage

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

TheMightyBoops posted:

Ive never heard the CS dub, who did they make Scottish?

becky the merchant girl

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The Colonel posted:

it wasn't a dub thing unless she got like three or four voiced lines in the cs1&2 enhanced dubs. iirc she just had a funny japanese country dialect so the translation extrapolated it there. common thing to do with characters who have funny dialects since there's not a lot of particularly specific analogues, you get a bit of free choice with what to turn it into

i don't think she had voiced lines in those 2, but she absolutely got a dub in 3 with the accent.

i thought hatsuu voiced her but i can't find the tweet or w/e i was remembering

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

ah i see, today is one of those days where someone gets banned in the thread

:pray:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Looper posted:

before starting i figured kingdom hearts 1 would be kinda rough from memory but i'm actually having a lot of fun with it, with the caveat that i'm referencing a guide to see where each plot room is because the event planner was a complete moron. but still, there's so much life in the environments and animations. i was bullied into playing on proud mode for the first time and i actually don't mind donald dying a ton because i love the classic angry donald shuffle he does when he gets back up. proud mode in general has been pretty smooth sailing after guard armor

I love seeing that wonderland is actually five small rooms but it feels like so much more because you keep having to go back and forth because two of those rooms have 10 exits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Because nobody played "Splatoon for Straight People", this happened:

https://twitter.com/Yur1_P/status/1754935177304752391

lol