Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I've read back the last 10 or 15 pages but didn't see this so sorry if it's repeatedly asked...

I'm on a year old CM7 mod with my Nook Color, does anyone know if there's a stable kernel / ROM build that can be copied to a SD card and let's it deep sleep? Tired of losing up to 30% of power per day it's not plugged in.

Or is there a good CM9 build yet? I love ICS on my Transformer Prime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Fuzz posted:

If you're on an NC, you HAVE to go get the CM7 RC1 that encore put out like 2 weeks ago... lengthens battery life like crazy, stable as poo poo, fixes the freezing with things like Beautiful Widgets, and they recoded the BT antenna software so it's a lot more reliable and has (slightly) better range. They also did some voodoo with the LCD response, because I used to have a hell of a time on the edges and corners (specifically the top right corner, which made it a bitch to use the Market), and now it's perfectly fine. Magic!

Just to make sure I'm not completely dense, you mean CM7.2 RC1 right? http://download.cyanogenmod.com/?type=RC&device=encore ?

Bob A Feet posted:

I haven't had my nook color for four months or so but stable deep sleep was accomplished well before that, because it was functioning on my CM7 NC. I think the kernel that accomplished that was included on CM7

Probably, but the kernel that I had was from 3/11 or so. I guess I only get the urge to update about once a year...

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Any suggestions for a ROM for an EVO 4g? I'd like to root it to uninstall the Sprint crap and figure if I could find a ROM to maybe underclock it for better life, so much the better.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

clockworkjoe posted:

What ROM would you recommend for the Nook Color?

Fuzz two pages ago posted:

If you're on an NC, you HAVE to go get the CM7 RC1 that encore put out like 2 weeks ago... lengthens battery life like crazy, stable as poo poo, fixes the freezing with things like Beautiful Widgets, and they recoded the BT antenna software so it's a lot more reliable and has (slightly) better range. They also did some voodoo with the LCD response, because I used to have a hell of a time on the edges and corners (specifically the top right corner, which made it a bitch to use the Market), and now it's perfectly fine. Magic!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

thisdude23 posted:

I liked CM7.1 personally.

I rooted my 4g just to get rid of the Sprint Bloat. Are the ROMs any improvement in battery life or anything useful?