Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
So what's the current situation with these? Are they being sold at select Chrysler dealerships until a Fiat network is in place or do they already have a few Fiat dealers set up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

You need a meth lab for a 20K car?

I guarantee the Abarth won't be under $30k

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Geoj posted:

Doubtful, unless they're going to build them in very small numbers. You'd have to be absolutely batshit insane to drop anywhere close to $30k on a performance-oriented FWD sub-compact...

Pretty sure JCW minis go for about that.

E: Yep, exactly 30 large for the hardtop, and 36+ for convertible/clubman

I also doubt that Abarths will be anything but built in very small numbers. If they even make it over here.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Geoj posted:

Oh, you mean an overpriced version of an already overpriced car?

More proof that people with money will buy anything :suicide:

Since when is a 30-$40,000 car for "people with money"?

It's up there but it's not like you're using a Tesla as a backup generator.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

oRenj9 posted:

No doubt, especially when the Mazdaspeed3 and GTI are so much cheaper. I love the Abarth, but I only love it for the same price as a MS3. Anything more and I'd get the Mazda. A GTI killer in the U.S. may end up giving Fiat the credibility they need to expand their offerings.

^^ $30,000 is a heck of a lot of money to average folks. Where you come from, a $30,000 car may be considered cheap, but most people in the U.S. barely take that home in a year after taxes.

Hardly, I'd love to have a $30,000 car, but I wouldn't consider that to be anything to write home about. That's enough to maaaaybe buy you a bottom of the mill C-class (also, something I'd love to have). All I was saying is that a $30,000 vehicle probably doesn't mean poo poo to true "people with money"

E: jesus, I can't type tonight.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Geoj posted:

I didn't say they're buying it to show off their status. They're buying it so their wife has a "cute" car to drive to the salon/spa/grocery store or for their undeserving spoiled teenage children.

Oh yeah, definitely agree with you there.

hedge posted:

A Cooper S starts around $23k and given how the 500 is priced relative to the regular Cooper, I would expect the Abarth to be around $21k.

True, maybe I'm daft. I had the impression of the Abarth being a very low production vehicle, which in turn drives up prices.

Pretty sure I had the Abarth SS in mind.
E: NM, don't mind me:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/car/09q1/2009_fiat_500_abarth-first_drive_review

travisray2004 fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 26, 2011

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
I read a while back that the Aston Cygnet (iQ) was only going to be available to established Aston vehicle owners but apparently that's not the case anymore, instead established owners simply take priority over others.

It's mainly just a ploy to get them around European manufacturer's emissions standards.

travisray2004 fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 26, 2011

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
I can't wait to see all the Aston rip off bodykits that will be made once the Scion iQ comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

kimbo305 posted:

Aston is only giving the Cygnet as a freebie for buying a real Aston, right? Thereby locking out wannabes.

No it'll be sold on the open market as well.

• Locked thread