Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Action-Man posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations on bedsheets? I just got a new bed and realized I know nothing about bedsheets.

Beech and Bamboo sheets are friggin' awesome. Cotton is so 20th century.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Fire.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

marshmallard posted:

Really? Only one response to this after all the love for the Litter Robot?

I just want some info about how bad it smells!

Its very good at keeping the smell down and changing out the bag is a lot easier than dumping litter every week. Its good to change out the litter once every few week, it tends to start smelling even when its getting cycled.

Unfortunately one of my cats absolutely hates the damned thing. He won't even use the other box that I have left for him if its too close to the robot. Even cutting up the shipping box to hide the stupid thing didn't help.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

PANDA_HAS_GUN posted:

Guys, recenty came into possession of my parents vinyl collection and there are some real gems there. Think I may start to collect vinyl and was wondering of any recommendations anyone had for a gd turntable? I remember a lime green one was posted in here ages ago but couldn't find it or remember the name. Any help appreciated.

Go here?

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Misanthrope posted:

My wife and I are looking for new pillows. We have a memory foam bed but old lovely pillows and this thread hasn't steered me wrong yet.

We're interested in the non-contour type pillows, ie) not this:

These latex pillows have been recommended many times on these forums over the years. They're stinky at first but damned if I haven't grown to love mine.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Co-sine posted:

Could someone recommend me a cheap multitool?. I would shell out for a leatherman but I don't really have the money- £40 budget at the moment.

Know a yank that could ship it to you?

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Hypnolobster posted:

Skeletools are pretty nice for general use, but try and do anything remotely serious and this probably will happen

One picture. Lifetime warrantee.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

coldfire07 posted:

Recommendation on a good kitchen trash can? I've been looking at these simplehuman ones

Simple Human products are great but that one sucks. The lid tends to wear out pretty quick.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

1redflag posted:

Wireless router recommendations? Frankly, I had and did not like the WRT54GL, so anything else you would recommend?

Depending on what you want to do with it. People seem to be loving the RT-N16 with Tomato.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Robo-Pope posted:

These are a bit above that price range and rather large, but they're wonderful speakers, especially for 2.0. Nearly any small 2.0 system will be disastrously bad, since a small speaker simply can't handle the lows (hence the need for a sub). These have enough thump to take care of the bass on their own.

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-Studi...tudiophile+av40

I have and love these speakers.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I ride the VRE into the city and spend a lot of time outside waiting for the train in whipping winds. This Arcteryx jacket was absolutely all I ever needed.

http://www.rei.com/product/787706/arcteryx-atom-lt-hoodie-jacket-mens

I have last year's model.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Another lover of the Nest here. It's awesome and was stupid easy to install.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Locus posted:

You might want an airsoft gun or a blowgun that fires completely blunt plastic darts then. Most pellet guns can heavily wound or kill small animals.

Get a squirrel proof feeder. They're hilarious.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

The peanut is awesome and I don't believe there is such a thing as nut hair attachments.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

The.Big.Dirty.Emu posted:

Can anyone recommend a high quality security pass reel, something like

preferably with a wire instead of a cord/string. I go through about 4 of the cheap ones a year when the strings eventually snap.

Home Depot sells a good one for $3 or so next to the keys. I use mine heavy and it's just like new though it's a year old.

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

Nephzinho posted:

I need an adjustable length beard trimmer/groomer/thingy. Hanging up the wet shaving tools for a bit and going to get my winter coat ready.

Wahl Peanut Classic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

I have the Ryobi weed whacker that goes with that set. Its awesome. I'm awesome. My yard is awesome.

• Locked thread