Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Not a mod that I can find, just a random gem on tumblr :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

It's to taunt us. VATS knows we can't do a target shot on the junk :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Galdarion posted:

why do you want so many?

Because it looks loving radical.

Like this only with like a shotgun and two handguns and an SMG and some grenades and a deathclaw. :haw:

Edit:

There was some mod that overhauled Legion armor that offered this:

Might've been even more guns. Two in the small of the back and one on each hip.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Hi Beeb! Post some of your IWS Plasmageddon shots!)

~*JAZZ HANDS*~

Bonus LOOKS LIKE TEAM ROCKET'S BLASTIN' OFF

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Brainamp posted:

That is a silly hat.

Hats are important :colbert:

:c00l:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I'm using this retexture for the assassin suit from Dead Money, the ghoul is decked out using clothes from Chakan The Forever Man, and the power armor is XV Sharl

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fereydun posted:

are we linking screenshots of energy weapons

hooraaaaaaaay

gently caress i wish i could remember which enbs these were taken with

the gently caress is that werewolf from :stare:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

BurritoJustice posted:

I shouldn't mod past 12 at night.

This really should be in the OP or something. Badness happens when you mod at night.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fereydun posted:

yo bro i got them fallout 4 leaks

:eyepop:

I've been thinking about uninstalling this, but poo poo like that just pulls me back in.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

oblomov posted:

What's a good hideout to use in FNV? Looking for something straightforward with just bunch of trunks/closets so i can sort all the crap that's been sitting in a house in Goodsprings. Also got to park Boone somewhere since his sniper highlighting perk is pretty darn awesome.

Train Car Hideout is pretty neat.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Bogart posted:

How is A World of Pain? It seems a little nuts. :stare:

Far too bloated, worth skipping.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

New Concept Hole posted:

Would rather have modern firearm platform than more Fudd guns. In fact, we need more bastardizations of Fudd guns in crappy Tapco furniture. You should also be able to burn the wood furniture to stay warm. Ya'know, for immersion.

I don't mind modern guns so long as they don't look like immaculate safe queens.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I'm thinking of starting a new game, has anyone used Dynamo ENB? Looking at Onix now, it looks flatter than I remember.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Anyone know why New Vegas would crash before getting to the copyright screen? As soon as I launch it, it closes immediately. Isn't throwing an error screen at all. Even with mods turned off, it closes immediately.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

delta534 posted:

IRCC it's either a missing master or missing fonts.

FNVEdit gave no errors, I've sorted with LOOT, and disabled all my mods.

Verified cache, five things were redownloaded. Still instantly crashes.

Edit:

It was a botched ENB config. First I've ever seen the game just instantly crash before getting to the splash page.

Beeb fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jun 9, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ah. This again.

I even reduced how many mods I had from the last time I played and things worked.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

khy posted:

Is there a mod which gives heavy incinerators to other vendors over than the Van Graffs?

Speaking of fire, is there a mod that puts the Enclave fire armor into New Vegas?

chitoryu12 posted:

The missing meshes might be due to a bad mod install overwriting and/or deleting meshes from the vanilla game or other mods.

They worked for a little after I restarted the game, I think it's a memory issue with ENB. But that's easily configured.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Gyshall posted:

Also Beeb, do you have any of the Precision Clutter type mods installed?

Nope, I forgot that enblocal was looking for memory that simply didn't exist. I had the same problem happen to a character a while ago :downs:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

GrizzlyCow posted:

Beeb, what mod manger you using?

Still using FOMM. Went into the Prospector, and things are still hosed up. Seems much more random than usual. Gonna prune more mods.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

GrizzlyCow posted:

You might need to toggle Archive Invalidated on and off. Are you using ENB or anything similar? If so, disable that and try launching with 4GBFNV. The one in the OP is a bit outdated.

If the problem persists, then just use Steam's "Verify Local Cache".

I just had a hosed up enblocal file. Things work now.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

maev posted:

Any suggestions for a run of new mods for a second play through? I'm thinking something with more missions, JESawyer mod and some other things.

LoonShia posted:

Be a robot and kill all humans.

I KNOW NOT OF THIS WORLD OF FLESH.

ITS SOFT SPONGY WAYS LEAVE ME IRRITABLE.

BLAZE IT, MEATBAGS.

1.21 KILL O WATS. *braying skeletal laughter*

*confused teeth chattering*

Or be a ghoul!

A very angry ghoul.

:ohdear:

Beeb fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 15, 2015

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

HogX posted:

How do I become a cigar smoking skeleton? I must know this.

Sadly, I've uninstalled so I can't post a load order, however I believe it was:

Usable cigarettes
ST Robot race for the robot hands that come with the robot race

As for the head, I think I used a skeleton head mesh from OWB and replaced a helmet head mesh? Problem with my install was I was modding mods constantly so a lot of my poo poo is custom one off shenanigans.

However, I backed up my installation.

All 63GB of it. So I can poke around some. :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

SpookyLizard posted:

Also is AWOP at all not a tedious clusterfuck? I'm tempted to try out the TTW version because after playing through the Someguy mods I have a hankering for new content.

AWOP is Fallout: Tedious Dungeon Crawl that adds a labyrinthine sewer system under drat near the entire map of New Vegas, avoid.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

You could, sure. There's just nothing interesting in there, from what I remember. Just tons and tons of enemies.

Custom Doom .wad MONSTER MANIA EXTREME levels of enemies.

Some of which are bullet sponges.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Luminaflare posted:

Is there a mod which makes the head lamps on the power armors work?

I think this is the one I used:

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/39968/

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

I can't even remember what ENB preset I'm using for Skyrim but it looks pretty great, I think it mainly depends on the game. The Oblivion engine is looking really loving ugly these days and the ENB presets just sort of enhance the ugliness.

It helps that the ENB for Skyrim is still being developed, whereas the shader for New Vegas was dropped ages ago and leaving folks to build profiles with outdated files.

That said, I just stuck with the ENB Enhanced Shaders pack and it worked fine for me :shobon:

1.21 KILL-O-WATTS

*braying skeletal laughter*

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

sitchelin posted:

I want to be a skeleton. I didn't know this was possible.

That's a combination of ST Robot Race and a lot of GECK fuckery where I replaced the robot head mesh with a skeleton one from... god I think it was the trauma harness skeletons? I forget. I never make notes of my own mods and just keep beating on things until they work :v:

Skull head with robot hands and the AER14 laser rifle, hell yes he lived in The Sink :haw:

:siren: Phantom Space Man :siren:

Also I used the mesh for the robot hand as a glove replacer on one of those mods that threw in a ton of armor including left/right hand gloves:

Worked pretty well.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

physeter posted:

Getting the itch to rebuild my install. Wasn't there some goon that was retrofitting Lombard Station? Did he ever finish it?

Nope, he kinda got a life so :rip:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

-Troika- posted:

How hard is F4 going to be to mod compared to FNV?

File types have changed since FNV/Skyrim, so it'll take some time to open up the new data files and see how deep the changes go.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

When a mod lists the ultimate edition of New Vegas as a requirement, is that a short way of saying that you need every single piece of DLC, or is there something else that makes the ultimate edition different? I kinda want to fire this up again, but I have the regular version of the game.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Ashsaber posted:

I could never play DUST, not because of the difficulty, but because its just the opposite of the way I see the world. I like to think that by hundreds of years after a nuclear war the survivors would be rebuilding, forging a new society, and generally see the world as half full. DUST sees this as stupid, and thinks that it is totally impossible for anything good to happen, so it makes all societies collapse and acts like its the only logical outcome.

You just described how Obsidian and Black Isle saw post-apocalyptia versus how Bethesda sees it. :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Bogart posted:

Independent New Vegas COULD work ok as long as the Followers are mostly in charge.

They'd need tons of support though, aren't they already overwhelmed just handling Freeside?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Canemacar posted:

So what are everyone's favorite player home mods?

I'm using Lombard Station + Afterschool Special because they fit the sort of low-key role-playing run I'm working on. Never cared for giant, immersion breaking underground palaces scattered all over the Mojave.

Train Car Hideout was pretty neat.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Kitfox88 posted:

BBD is a flaming trash heap :shrug:

EDIT: I realized despite the 4 or 5 times I've played this I've never gone for an energy weapons heavy build. Any good mods that add reasonable energy weapons to the game? Reasonable as in not hilariously overpowered and or shoddy looking.

EVE is pretty rad for energy weapons.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

There's some nice stuff in this video but I'm not really wild on the turboglow on lights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeeSrppDjrs

Full mod list is in the description, too.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

What's wrong with Electrocity? It's been a long, long time since I played so I'm well out of the loop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

MariusLecter posted:

For what it does it is just too unwieldy and conflicts with a lot of better things.

Oh cool, what's the alternative then? I've been thinking about a new run.