Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trinary
Jul 21, 2003

College Slice
Has anyone heard good or bad things about the new Sayl chair from Herman Miller? Supposedly it's shipping soon ("early 2011") and the price is a bit easier to stomach than the Aeron or Embody.

http://www.hermanmiller.com/Products/SAYL-Chairs starts at $399 new, movable whatsits add some to the cost. I've been looking for local deals on good chairs for a little while and haven't had much luck, if I want to get something soon it'll probably end up being full price, not sure if the Sayl is worth a second look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trinary
Jul 21, 2003

College Slice
I'd definitely be interested.

trinary
Jul 21, 2003

College Slice
From a page ago:

Phiberoptik posted:

Anyone have experience with MadisonSeating.com? They have pretty good deals and I want to make an order but wanna make sure they dont have some of the problems other sties have had since I'll be ordering from Canada.

I just now put together my Leap v2 from Madison. No complaints at all. It shipped on the 15th and arrived today (Colorado). 1 day ahead of the FedEx estimate, it was left outside my house early this morning. Probably should have required a signature.

It came in a nearly-cube box, disassembled (legs, cylinder, back&base, seat) each piece wrapped up tight with lots of heavy duty bubble wrap and loose bubble wrap filling up a fair amount of empty space. Didn't seem like it'd get bounced around inside the box too much. The box wasn't particularly heavy duty, but the shipping job seemed solid. Assembly took about 5 minutes, instructions were included, and I'm sitting it it now. No visible signs of use at all.

A++ would buy again (hopefully won't have to for a long rear end time).

trinary
Jul 21, 2003

College Slice
It's a savings of a couple hundred bucks vs an authorized retailer, but I think it works the same way with refurb or second-hand chairs everywhere, regardless of seller or manufacturer. I haven't checked, but I assume that none of the warranties are transferrable from the manufacturers. I sat in a Leap in a local store, they wanted way more than I could get it for online, I rolled the dice.

Buyer beware indeed. To be honest I made a hasty purchase when I bought from Madisonseating, my back had been bothering me in minor ways for a while, but something really trivial tweaked it and I leaped at the first reasonable deal I found just to get rid of the terrible chair I was using. I'll be satisfied if the new one lasts 2-3 years. If not, I gambled and lost, but checking over the chair I got I think it'll be fine.