Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The original gif with the other soccer player just doesn't look right anymore.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can someone reup the blank gif of him tripping without the background? I think it's down from imgur.

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon
This thread is fantastic. With all these game animations I would love to see him attacked by that mask that chases you when you pick up a key in Mario Bros 2

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Shmorky posted:

you should really overlay some scan lines over Diouf's animation so that he blends in more! Something like this, but you could probably make it match better in whatever program you used:

To be honest, I'm only just starting out and tried and couldn't figure out how to do it and keep it as even as that is. That does look much better, yeah. I'm using CS2 and ImageReady.

I'm honoured to get your help, Shmorky :3:

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Diouf was really spooked.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Can someone reup the blank gif of him tripping without the background? I think it's down from imgur.

This WI links seems to work fine https://wi.somethingawful.com/16/168ed71146701fa3655b72a7b913ed7fd454576a.gif but here it's on tinypic just in case:

Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM

Chicken Doodle posted:

To be honest, I'm only just starting out and tried and couldn't figure out how to do it and keep it as even as that is. That does look much better, yeah. I'm using CS2 and ImageReady.

I'm honoured to get your help, Shmorky :3:

Do you have the psd file?

simply make a layer on the first frame that has something like this overlaying above all the layers/frames:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Shmorky posted:

Tips

I think I figured it out. I layered it right on top of the original GIF through ImageReady. Thank you so much! :D I'll have to play around with more now.

Queuetip
Feb 11, 2011
This thread is epic! In fact, it is so epic, it's persuaded me to create an SA account just so I could contribute:

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

I was going to go a bit further with this one but I'm done for now.

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

Queuetip posted:

This thread is epic! In fact, it is so epic, it's persuaded me to create an SA account just so I could contribute:

Holy poo poo, I immediately recognised the footage and started laughing before the animation even kicked in. :haw:

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

Discount Viscount posted:

:golfclap: Please do go farther, this is my favorite so far. Great job to everyone.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
All this poo poo is absolutely amazing, keep it up everyone! Making these is also more addictive than crack:

Or with a smaller Duke https://wi.somethingawful.com/ba/ba7f2145a2d72205d61aaca3bcebb3e611b2325c.gif

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

You definitely should go further, this is amazing. Plus Diouf's fall looks so much like MJ's death animation in that game.

Biff Johnston
Mar 28, 2010

You're crocked, aren't ya?

Chicken Doodle posted:

I think I figured it out. I layered it right on top of the original GIF through ImageReady. Thank you so much! :D I'll have to play around with more now.

Only two pounds?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Biff Johnston posted:

Only two pounds?

Two pounds of substance, 160.8 pounds of vile and un-sportsman like conduct.

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

Someone email a link to this thread to Diouf.

dinozombiesgoRARR
Dec 25, 2010

Momma said knock you out

Wingless posted:

Someone email a link to this thread to Diouf.

With all those other sites ripping off paying gracious homage to the work here it's pretty much guaranteed the .gifs are gonna keep spreading and even if he doesn't see them himself online Diouf's buddies will be emailing them to him for a long, long time.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Groucho Marx posted:

:golfclap: Please do go farther, this is my favorite so far.

Done.

The last few frames turned out to be much easier than the rest.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Done.

Straight to #1

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Done.

The only improvement would be to change the player icon in the lower left.

ohnorobot
Nov 24, 2006

10> OH
20> NO
30> GOTO 10

If someone can butcher this less than me I'd appreciate it. I went through hell and back trying to animate for the first time

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Teim posted:

I dont know what the big fuss is all about....

I love this one because you can clearly see the edits, so it looks like the Predator is trying to play soccer, but falling in the same way Diouf is.

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008

Queuetip posted:

Bffhahaha! This is brilliant!

"Oh god, I can't breathe!"

Did you ever wonder what happened to that woman afterwards?

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

ded posted:

The only improvement would be to change the player icon in the lower left.

gently caress YOU MAN! I thought about that too, and then was lazy about it. Now it is done.

I have that loving song playing in my head constantly now.

Ograbme
Jul 26, 2003

D--n it, how he nicks 'em

origami manatee posted:

Jesus CHRIST.

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub

Click for larger version.

Bluff
Oct 7, 2009

by Ralp
This is just the best thread.

Someone buy Diouf an account so we can goldmine this already.

EDIT: I have no gif skills, but somebody needs to do a jedi cutting off his legs and poking him with a lightsaber while he's on the ground.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?

davebo posted:

There's just enough thumbstamping noticeable for me to view this as the predator playing soccer then falling, which is a hilarious idea.

Euphoriaphone posted:

I love this one because you can clearly see the edits, so it looks like the Predator is trying to play soccer, but falling in the same way Diouf is.

Huh. Goon minds think alike I guess

Jack Napier
Aug 5, 2010

by Ozma

gently caress YOU MAN! I thought about that too, and then was lazy about it. Now it is done.

I have that loving song playing in my head constantly now.

The fallspin is magical.

THE_Chris
Sep 18, 2008
This entire thread is incredible.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Queuetip posted:

I don't normally say 'best thread ever etc', But I have been following this thread for days, looking forward to new posts each time, but this just took the cake. Sitting here laughing out loud!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
This thread needs to be platinum. It's that damned good.

I thought it would top out at the Out of this world homage, but god damned if I don't laugh at every page.

SebAndSeb
Apr 23, 2007

hello
Quick one:

Moot1234
Jul 2, 2008

Ridiculously long lasting flavor.

origami manatee posted:

Oh my god, this is in-loving-credible. The sheer amount of gold in this thread is mind boggling.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Aeolius posted:

Click for larger version.

This is beautiful.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Shmorky posted:

here is another one.

Steneub posted:

E:Life bar
E2:Never done. reduce colors for smaller file size

Late to the (monster) party, but these had me in tears. I really wish I had the time, dedication, skills, and an idea to do one.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Wish I had a higher quality version of the original but eh, the size is already quite big.

e:\/\/ \/:smug:\/ Sorry though, happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Angryhead posted:

Wish I had a higher quality version of the original but eh, the size is already quite big.

:argh: was working on this and the Dr. Seuss dance right now.