Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

cadfael posted:

Yeah I like that one too irlZaphod. iirc it was quite easy to fall to your doom in Flahback, & the protagonist ended up in a similar slump.

It was the slump that made me think of it. Also I find it almost impossible to believe that there are that many people on this forum who don't instantly recognize the first level of Flashback. I suppose if anyone ever asks me when I first started feeling old this will be it.

Edit: It's probably not a good sign either that I spent quite a long time agonizing over whether I had picked a long enough drop to actually kill him. Not to mention the fact that those two screens don't actually join each other in the game..

DGDO
Feb 8, 2011
here we go

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!
Edit: Nothing to see here folks... yet.

Checkered Slacks posted:

To fix this: firstly go to along the top bar thing to filters, down to animation and at the very bottom of the expanded box click on unoptimize. That will restore each layer so that there is no transparency which makes it easier to work with. Secondly move along the top bar thing to image, down to mode and change it from indexed to RGB. Later on you can can change it back to indexed and fiddle with the settings to manually choose how many colors the gif uses (up to 256 iirc) or you can let it display the maximum number of colors it can by default when you save it. The dog looked weird because the gif isn't set to display enough colors to make the dog its proper color.

Well, that fixed everything and it's turning out pretty drat well, but I can't finish until a little later. Thanks though, that info was exactly what I needed.

GnatKingCoal
Dec 17, 2008

You, Sir, are UNAmerican!

DGDO posted:

here we go

See, that there is just genius.

You're right at home in SA.

Darthphunk
Jul 3, 2002

Where's my Republic Credits BITCH?!?!?
Here's a good'n

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HolocaustDenialman
Jan 3, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Those goons can't catch me!

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

GnatKingCoal posted:

See, that there is just genius.

You're right at home in SA.
No kidding!

I don't get it. What did he do to get probated?

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Cheesus posted:

No kidding!

I think the "first post" part. I recall seeing that in the rules, either GBS or overall site rules.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Cheesus posted:

No kidding!

Declared his first ever post.

e: vvv yeah, wear that poo poo like a badge of honor. :patriot:

nice mattimer
Mar 3, 2008

the wind that shakes the buttcheeks

DGDO posted:

first post

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
Worth it.

M for Mushroom
Jan 1, 2006

new york london paris munich

PalmTreeFun posted:

I think the "first post" part. I recall seeing that in the rules, either GBS or overall site rules.
It's also been in the SAclopedia for at least as long as I've been a member. I remember reading it before I opened my stupid mouth :v:

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
these kind of threads don't happen as often as they used to, but when they do it's a thing of beauty.

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

scooter71 posted:

Its my first ever .

This was instantly the first thing that came to mind when I read the OP, and I thank you for it. Well done!

Checkered Slacks
Apr 22, 2010

particle409 posted:

Well, I loving give up. I've been trying to put this:

into the gif, but every time I paste the dog into a layer (I'm using Gimp), it turns the brown dog into a muddled green mess. I even tried using my brothers "Anime Studeo 7 Debut" program (a gaping pile of poo poo as far as I can tell), but it only imports gifs as a single image, whatever the first layer is.

edit: As I take away visible layers for the original gif, should it become invisible in parts? It's all pixelated, with gray showing where there's nothing in the layer.

To fix this: firstly go to along the top bar thing to filters, down to animation and at the very bottom of the expanded box click on unoptimize. That will restore each layer so that there is no transparency which makes it easier to work with. Secondly move along the top bar thing to image, down to mode and change it from indexed to RGB. Later on you can can change it back to indexed and fiddle with the settings to manually choose how many colors the gif uses (up to 256 iirc) or you can let it display the maximum number of colors it can by default when you save it. The dog looked weird because the gif isn't set to display enough colors to make the dog its proper color.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Does anyone have the gif of Spiderman trying to run up the wall and landing on his back/head? I imagine that the animated version of that (I've seen it as a avatar) would combine well with the 8 bit version of Diouf.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

Edit: Updated

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

DGDO posted:

here we go

i happened to be listening to mogwai's "white noise" when i scrolled down to this and ended up staring at it for like four minutes.

any chance of a similar thread with joey barton getting thrown to the ground?

Alleric
Dec 10, 2002

Rambly Bastard...

mobby_6kl posted:

Wowzers. A Carmageddon reference? Love it. :)

(p.s. Please, video game industry... remake Carmageddon. Please?)

Whole thread is fantastic, folks.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

mobby_6kl posted:

What the heck is the second one from?

I feel bad for sullying this great thread with my post, but I'm curious. Truly a thread for the history books.

Wonder Bra
Jan 5, 2008

always in another castle

mobby_6kl posted:

Holy poo poo, Carmageddon! My dad and I used to play that game when I was in high school. :3:

What is happening in that Inside Edition clip? I can't figure it out.

Also, this thread is the best thread. You all rock. Carry on!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Die Laughing posted:

What the heck is the second one from?
It's from that old "flying" cat video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90RM07vHQiw

ConfusedNudeMan
Feb 20, 2004

I'm gay for Frank Dux!
This is one of the best threads I have seen in the last 2-3 years.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I lack the abilities to do anything like this, but is there any possibilities of a bird-headbobbing sort of gif in this thread? I feel like one is bound to come up, but every time I check here it's not been posted yet.

tearshed
Mar 26, 2010

Leave it to me!
I'm not too great at this.

Hugs Boson
Feb 3, 2011

Elementary.

Looks like I'm late to the party.

(Hope you don't mind, ElectricSheep :ohdear:)

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

tearshed posted:

I'm not too great at this.

Man, don't waste the Lance of Longinus like that, you only get one in the whole game!

Hogarth Hughes
Apr 16, 2006

"As for me, people will be pleased to escape from me in one piece."

:black101:
This thread rules. Goon photoshoppery is at an all time high. You're all loving awesome.

Subgenius
Nov 13, 2002

If you act like a dumbshit, they'll treat you as an equal.

Darthphunk posted:

Here's a good'n

Watching someone fall down the stairs is always funny. ALWAYS.

Zero Credibility
Aug 28, 2008

Now, I eat the banana!

Hugs Boson posted:

That's fantastic. This thread has been awe-inspiring. Good job to all.

whoredog
Apr 10, 2002

Hugs Boson posted:

Hah I actually didn't get the reference in his and yours made me cover my mouth cuz it's unacceptable to laugh really loud this late at night at work.

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!

Sab669 posted:

I lack the abilities to do anything like this, but is there any possibilities of a bird-headbobbing sort of gif in this thread? I feel like one is bound to come up, but every time I check here it's not been posted yet.

I hate you for suggesting this and I hate myself for doing it.

:parrot:

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I thought by now we would have a Ninja Gaiden bird one :smith:

Krenzo
Nov 10, 2004

Hugs Boson posted:

Ziggy says there's a 99.9% chance you made me LOL. :)

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
Does anyone have a .gif of just Diouf without the background? I can't seem to make one without loving it up somehow.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

ghostinmyshell posted:

I thought by now we would have a Ninja Gaiden bird one :smith:

Medusa head is close I guess. If someone does this the colors have to invert after he hits the ground.

gently caress, .gif animation is tedious :(

particle409
Jan 15, 2008

Thou bootless clapper-clawed varlot!

Checkered Slacks posted:

One mediocre gif, coming up!

This was more of a learning experience I guess. Thanks again for the help.

DBlanK
Feb 7, 2004

Living In The Real World

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shmorky
Nov 6, 2002

IT'S TIM

this game has so many secret endings!