Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grumblybear
Jul 24, 2007
(2S)-1-phenylpropan-2-amine
oh man, why did this thread have to come up now, a few days after my olympus ecru was lifted off me at a club?

35mm f/3.5, silly-powerful flash, and a wacko form factor that broke the ice with anyone i wanted to shoot.

looked at replacing it, they run upwards of $400 on ebay cause they were limited edition (20k worldwide), so that's not gonna happen. fortunately they were essentially the same as the stylus epic (the ecru was the proof-of-concept that led to the epic), and those are cheaper and with a faster lens, but not as dooooooooooope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumblybear
Jul 24, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

dawg, I just checked eBay and there's plenty more of these wacky cameras at semi-reasonable prices to go around. That thing is also bizarre looking. It looks like legos or a diver's camera or something.

yeah, there's a lot of play in how much they go for. the last two completed listings went for $150 and $400, which are both too rich for my blood -- especially considering the stylus epic that just showed up in my mailbox. my girlfriend saw it and immediately deemed it my 'soccer mom' camera, which, alright, is kind of a legitimate observation.

grumblybear
Jul 24, 2007
so, i just stumbled on a craigslist yashica t4 for $80 and it makes me so happy.

seriously though, if I lose or break it I won't have any qualms about spending whatever it takes on ebay to replace it.

grumblybear
Jul 24, 2007

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

This man "gets it". I like your shots, link to a flickr?

hey, thanks -- dug your NYFW flicks. click on the pics, they link to my flickr.

grumblybear
Jul 24, 2007

Awkward Davies posted:

Untitled by spikespikespike, on Flickr

cool rat. what city? maybe it's just the scans but a little more contrast might make him pop out from the skyline more.

just got a roll i shot a few weeks ago in my mju ii developed...

edit: just read the flickr comment, are they fo' serious?

grumblybear
Jul 24, 2007
I was dropping off some film at the lab and one of the techs had just been given one of these by a customer (in black):

konica offroad, 28mm f/2.8 and what looks like pretty beastly seals and ruggedization. apparently the orange one was marketed in japan at building contractors etc for documenting work sites.

it's nowhere near pocketable but i think it would be a boss club/concert camera.

grumblybear
Jul 24, 2007
i love having a camera in my hands when i spot one of those photo ops that have a lifetime measured in seconds.

Already Bored posted:

I'm after a point and shoot with a fast autofocus in low light situations.

What should I be looking at?

I'd prefer to keep the price under $250.

i was really obsessed with finding the fastest possible lens for my point and shoot, but i've found that a high-quality lens and a powerful flash work better for the point and shoot form factor and snapshot aesthetic (totally subjective statement).

grumblybear
Jul 24, 2007

RoflcopterPilot posted:

Does anybody know the difference between the yashica t3 vs the t4? I've read some small things but I guess I'm looking for any experience with them. The biggest I could find is the t3 has a 35/2.8 while the t4 has a 35/3.5 which is weird that a newer model would revert to the older lens on the t2. But yeah, anybody play with any of these?

I've had several T4s and they are my favorite cameras, the 35/3.5 is an amazing lens. I'm actually selling one in the buy/sell thread, if anyone's interested ...

edit:

grumblybear fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 28, 2011

grumblybear
Jul 24, 2007

RoflcopterPilot posted:

One last question about the T4 and I swear I'll leave everybody alone. For those who have used the dateback, is it technically the same camera as the other versions...except with the date imprint? And also, there's no way you won't be able to change the date to anything at any time, or set it to not print right? I tried finding manuals online but couldn't find much.

yeah, i have my dateback turned off but you can set it to whatever you want, and yeah as far as i know there is no difference from the T4 and the T4d (which i think is the dateback version?) other than, of course, the dateback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grumblybear
Jul 24, 2007

RoflcopterPilot posted:

Finally found a Yashica T4 superD. Excited to start playing with it!

enjoy the poo poo out of it man, i practically love mine more than my dick (insert richardson reference here).

Edit: http://cgi.ebay.com/YASHICA-T4-SUPER-D-35MM-CARL-ZEISS-T-LENZ-SUPER-SCOPE-/280717602342?pt=US_Vintage_Cameras&hash=item415c12ae26

grumblybear fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 4, 2011

• Locked thread