Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jook
Jul 16, 2002

Sirkus posted:

Uh oh, I just won two XA-2s by mistake on e-bay!

Did you get one for $7.50 an hour or so ago? If so I tried to snipe you and failed..

I did however win one just now for $15 - with flash and it looks brand new from the auction pics. drat this thread.. I've managed to keep up on the film thread and still not buy anything but read this thread and I'm on ebay looking up film lots and bidding on XA-2s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jook
Jul 16, 2002
Got my XA2 - looks to be in near perfect condition. Shot a roll of 800, paid near 12 bucks to have it developed and the images to be put on CD, cried in the car as I went through the prints and found 1 maybe 2 shots that weren't horrible blurry messes.

Granted everything was shot at night/at a concert and it took me a few shots to realize that I needed to wait and listen for the shutter before moving but still I didn't think I'd be so bad.

Jook
Jul 16, 2002
I just spent more on developing 3 rolls than I did on my XA2.. Tried a local lab instead of mailing them off to Snapfish (4 bux total for negs/prints + they post them online, ~1 week). Aside from B&W I think I'll stick with Snapfish.

Ektar 100

Tri-X 400@800

• Locked thread