Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

I paid $200, but factor in a little bit extra for batteries and what not, which are weird and hard to find. The camera itself is also quite rare.
One of maybe three useful things I learned when I worked at Radio Shack is that size 675 zinc-air batteries are direct replacements for the old mercury batteries.

Get some here
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-Pr675-D6A-PR675-Battery-Multipack/dp/B0009U7C6G/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1297892577&sr=8-2

Or get a big pack since they only last a week or two once opened.
http://www.amazon.com/Lenmar-Hza675-60-Premium-Hearing-Batteries/dp/B0048LXM0M/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1297892746&sr=8-17

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

RizieN posted:

Got my Konica Auto S3 today, a little more beat up than the ebay guy said it was, but I'm still stoked...now if only I could find a battery for it :(

Also, for you guys who want to try and bid on this...supposedly a brand new never used or opened Konica Auto S3 original packaging and all; http://cgi.ebay.com/Konica-Auto-S3-35-mm-camera-never-been-used-/250780671630

edit; question

The meter actually shows the F-Stop...and I control the shutter via a dial on the lens. Is the difference going to be negligible you think? I believe the replacement battery is .2 more volts so...should I shoot at an ISO setting one setting lower than the film's ISO? I mean... its kind of a big step from 800 to 400. The camera is Shutter Priority..so I guess it auto F-Stops for me. So I can either slow the shutter or change the ISO dial...but I don't know how much either way.

I'm gonna write down my settings on each shot anyway and see the differences...but I'd like to know for sure.

I'm new to real film.
Use size 675 zinc-air hearing aid batteries, they have the same actual voltage as the mercury batteries. They go bad after a few weeks since they react with air to produce power but you won't fry anything in your camera and your meter will read correctly.

editt: dorkasaurus, since it's come up a few times, can you please add to the OP that size 675 zinc-air hearing aid batteries are a direct replacement for size 675 mercury cells and that they last about two to three weeks once opened so keep a pack in your camera bag?

GWBBQ fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Mar 3, 2011

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

grumblybear posted:

edit: just read the flickr comment, are they fo' serious?
A local building company (illegally) ditched the union guys for a construction project a few years ago and union members picketed every day until it was resolved with signs and a big inflatable rat. Not quite that big, but yes, that guy is correct.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Should I buy I just bought an Olympus XA2 because you said it's awesome it was only $30 and I have almost no self-control when it comes to impulse purchases.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

fygar posted:

I picked up an Olympus XA at Goodwill this afternoon for $.99. The camera back's rusty around the edges and the light seals aren't much longer for this world, but I'm hoping that it'll last for a roll with new batteries. What I came here to ask is, will the film advance wheel turn if there are no batteries in the camera?
That disintegrating foam will stick to your film and ruin it, if it's not so gummed up that you can't advance the film at all.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Man_of_Teflon posted:

i am too tall to fit in camera frames

I thought Mitch Hedberg died years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Shaocaholica posted:

I have this thing which I think is supposed to be related or a copy of the Minolta 7sII.

I don't shoot it much nor do I shoot my other compacts (ML, XA and Rollei 35) but I've been meaning to.
I shot a roll of Kodachrome in one of those. I sold it because I'm just not a rangefinder person, but if I were I would have used it exclusively

• Locked thread