Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Jack Krauser posted:

That's a joke because someone said Dave looks like Dexter IIRC.

Konnan saw a picture of Meltzer from the 80's and thought he looked like Dexter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

ch3cooh posted:

Listen to the WO interview with JR if only for another tale of how Hodge was the strongest worker to ever work.

This. It's a great listen but it got depressing at the end when he was talking about how he doesn't think he'll have a chance at calling UFC or calling another pro wrestling match again.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is it just me or does Karl Stern talk about Roku every episode?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I listened to the Todd Martin show this week.

I knew that I wasn't going to enjoy it but I still listened to it anyway.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, hell even the History of Wrestlemania had Foley a week before JR had him, though they covered largely different areas.

Has Jericho's show picked up? I listened to his first one with Austin and it didn't really connect with me, but that may have just been teething problems with his first show.

Both Chavo parts are really good but if you're only going to listen to one, just listen to part 2. It gets a little uncomfortable since they start talking about Benoit's final days but it's also p. interesting.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Anyone else listen to the Cyborg interview? If you haven't I'd pass on it. I don't think she said anything interesting and she had a hard time hearing/understanding Bryan and Dave. Cyborg wouldn't understand the question or certain words so Bryan and Dave just kept repeating the question of phrase she didn't understand like 3 or 4 times.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Has anyone listened to Roddy Piper's podcast yet?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
This week's guest for the art of wrestling is Ian rotten. Has anyone listened to it? On one hand, I think there could be some cool iwa ms stories from colt but I don't want to listen to Ian's Bullshit.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Memento posted:

Yeah I could listen to JR talk, maybe once a month so he's not repeating himself so much, just on the things that he's been thinking about. No interviews, just views and reviews.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't listen to JR regularly. I remembered I got excited when I started listening to the Mick Foley interview because Foley was one of my favorite growing up but 40 minutes of JR rambling on about everything and talking about most things suck these days almost made me shut it off.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
This is a few weeks late but did anyone listen to Goldberg on Jr's podcast? I downloaded it a little while back but just got around to it. Did he really compare playing football to being in a war? :psyduck:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I think the only mlw shows that I can stand as of late have been the Jim Cornette shows.

I don't care for Alex greenfield or ed Ferrara and after listening to konnan talk about getting high has gotten old.

Boom.

I can't remember the last time I heard court talk about being mentored by Gary hart or the Samoans so there's that.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Did anyone ever listen to Roddy piper's podcast? I decided to pass on that one because I didn't enjoy his appearance on austins show and the only reason I remembered is because everyone was talking about the a alphabet soup of wrestling podcasts

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I am currently listening to the talk tna show with Bryan. Whoever the host is of this show is, he seems delusional.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Are there any podcasting apps that work with F4wonline for Android?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Tato posted:

The question someone asked Dave today about a rival promoter sticking a duplicate snake into the ring to "shoot" bite Randy Savage might be peak internet wrestling idiocy. I sincerely hope it was a joke just designed to make Dave sigh.

Haven't heard this but it can't be worse than during a sin limite someone asked if Bret would go along with the Montreal screwjob if it was a work to make him a giant babyface in WCW or something. I can't remember the question itself but I remember being baffled that anyone would think that that was possible.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Disco Inferno defending Donald Sterling with Konnan complaining about the modern PC world on the MLW podcast :bravo:

I skip anything that has disco inferno or Alex greenfield for a reason.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I am really glad that Dave realizes that he and Bryan are not the average watcher for the network.

If anyone is interested in listening to more about Andy Kaufman, there's a old Marc maron interview with Bob Zmuda. It's interesting to listen to but a lot of sounds made up and exaggerated.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

My problem with this is that it's buried within all the other news on the front page. You really have to look for it and it should be a much bigger issue than what they're making it out to be.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I enjoyed it but I felt uncomfortable when Tommy was talking about his memory issues and somewhat in denial that it's related to his style of wrestling.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I enjoyed the ken shamrock interview for the most part. There were a lot of times when I was calling bullshit, like when he said he's still in the top 10% off the ufc. :psyduck:

I still don't know how I feel about the Bob shamrock bit. I'm leaning towards bullshit as well but I'm curious if Frank will ever comment on the issue.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Another Person posted:

No, the website just looks so terrible with random words capitalised on headlines that the word FREE was totally glazed over by me and confused me. That is either a failure of my comprehension, or their idea of design. Even more, when you do click on a thing that is subscriber only, it does nothing to inform you that you are on content you are not allowed to use except waste your time with a buffer timer set to 'forever'. Their website is pretty bum looking and doesn't do much to help you figure out what is and is not sub only. Label things as sub only, just to help keep your site clear.

Also, I didn't really even type that in an angry state, gently caress knows how you interpreted madness. It was at most a passing 'eh'.

e; oh, cool, you chilled off on your oddly aggressive stance. FWIW, to an absolute outsider, their site does nothing to illustrate how much of their content is sub only and how much is free. I still think their site is in dire need of a redesign though.

I think Bryan mentioned they were going to redesign the site and make a mobile app. We'll see if that ever happens.

If you're still interested, the f4wonline station for tunein radio has a lot of the more recent free shows on loop of you're interested in checking the shows out.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I've always wondered how Bryan met Dave and how he got the gig for doing all the wrestling observer stuff. Can anyone shed some light on this?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I remember I was really excited to listen to the Jim Ross podcast with mick Foley. I put it on for my morning commute and about 40 minutes. I don't even think I got to the Foley interview before I got to work.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
So a bunch of websites had their usernames and passwords stolen. What are the chances f4w online is one of them?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I was listening to the Bryan show with granny and lance today. Apparently Bryan doesn't use ad block.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
If you're a fan of Paul Heyman, you really should listen to this week's mma hour. He talks for over an hour about pro wrestling and mma and I don't think he retells that many stories.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

LordPants posted:

My favorite rating is the NOAH match Alverez said was so good it "transcended star ratings" so it was "#$%^&" out of "*****" or something.

Do you know what match that was? I'm curious to see it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
"Do you think it's possible that ufc would trade nate Diaz for Eddie Alvarez?"

Sometimes I wonder how people come up with their questions.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

rovert posted:

While the thought occurs to me if anyone has a Kindle and an Online Observer subscription the Send to Kindle app is utterly amazing with one click it sends the Observer properly formatted to your Kindle.

Works well with the Torch newsletter or any other website I can think of:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle

I've been using this for months. This is great. I've only had it fail to send to my Kindle once but that wasn't anything wrestling related.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Is Honma kind of like a Japanese ziggler?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rodney the Piper posted:

The Alvarez interview with Rosey is pretty sad. On the plus side, it sounds like he has his heart conditions under control and understands what he has to do to keep it under control.

This. He sounds really uncomfortable during the entire interview. He seems to be more comfortable when they get to wrestling at least.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Jim Cornette's drive thru is also good for stories about the boys. It's his weekly mail bag show though so it's behind the MLW paywall.

There's another MLW extra with wrestling historian Matt Farmer. I really wish it was with Cornette or someone like Meltzer instead of Court.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Jim Ross is the guest this week for Austin.

On one hand, Austin makes almost anything listenable.

On the other, what can Jim say that we haven't heard already by now?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Dave Meltzer posted:

We are having a problem with our email account today which will hopefully get fixed quickly. Given the history of this problem, it's more likely to take several days.

For the time being, please email my backup account at hsmeltzer@juno.com. Anyone who has emailed dave@wrestlingobserver.com since last night, please resend to my backup account at hsmeltzer@juno.com.

Thanks for your understanding!

Is Dave the last one using a Juno email account?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm listening to yesterday's review of raw with Dave and Bryan. I don't think I've heard Dave go off on WWE like this in awhile.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Looks like there's a new mlw radio show with Kevin Sullivan and MSL. I'll give it a listen at least once.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I don't know if I'll be renewing my subscription to mlw. Cornette is the only one I like to listen to consistently.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

No Talking Shop, Hoot?

Speaking of which, the Good Brothers interviewed Cheerleader Melissa this week! http://mlwradio.libsyn.com/talkn-shop-11-cheerleader-melissa-part-1

I've tried to listen to it a few times but it's just not for me.

I'll give it another try. The last one I listened to was with AJ Styles.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Paul Heyman was talking about nostalgia and if he missed ECW with Steve austin. Does anyone know which show that was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

quote:

Be a cohost on the world famous Bryan and Vinny show! If you are lucky enough to schedule in on a Thursday, talk with Granny about her day. Rant with Bryan about miserable TV shows, and commiserate with Vinny about literally anything.

Pretty accurate description.

• Locked thread