Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

McDowell posted:

Haha Taiwan only works because it is an island (and China is starting to contest the sea around a bunch of islands) The land border analogue would be North Korea, Guantanamo, or the West Bank.

Transdnistria, Ossetia and Abkhazia are all comparable Russian "projects".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

Arzy posted:

I would prefer Vilerat's death be avenged but that's just me.

I'm not advocating starting another War but we need a valid response to our citizens being assassinated.

Does America know of any other "valid response" than war and military coups?

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

ComradeCosmobot posted:

This makes me wish there was something we could do to let them know that the hate in that movie doesn't represent all of America either.

They do know that. But inasmuch as there is a large number of Americans who believe that 9/11 taught them all they need to know about Islam, and as such are willing to cheerlead any military operation in the Middle East, so is there a large enough number of Libyans who believe all Yanks are homicidal monsters, and as such join Al Qaeda or whatever. It's not the particularly aware and enlightened people doing the fighting on either side.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

5er posted:

I can't help but wonder if Romney's irrepressible grin at that fact-deficient press conference he had was because he had a lock on guaranteed casus belli, a new 9/11 to get the masses whipped into a frothing outrage for a new war. He seemed so happy about bad news, about 'outrage'.

Or it could've been because he's a deranged sociopath. I mean, of course there is a new big war in Libya if you're looking for it, but if it's marketable, it's Obama's for the taking.

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

MRC48B posted:

I agree it was probably an excuse, but since when has giving your enemies prepackaged propaganda tools been a good idea?

EDIT: GWOT is an Image war. Perception is everything.

If that's so, then the war certainly isn't going too loving well, with or without Reverend Jones and his ilk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

Nenonen posted:

Dogs, or at least pugs, sometimes eat grass, too. Or more like nibble it. Some say cats do it because it helps the digestion. I really don't know why our pugs did it, more evidence that pugs are not related to dogs I think...

It makes them throw up, and helps with indigestion that way.

• Locked thread