Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agro ver Haus doom
Jul 27, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Fangz posted:

I don't approve of this leak. The guy's a douche, for sure, but disclosing his identity like this has a strong chance of getting someone killed.

Are you serious? It's better for no one to know who this rear end in a top hat is. Just let him keep making videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agro ver Haus doom
Jul 27, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

change my name posted:

Sorry if I come off as pedantic, but it seems like you're throwing around a lot of terms without knowing what they mean.

Like which terms? Perhaps you can provide some details and explanations.

Agro ver Haus doom
Jul 27, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

cochise posted:

Infowars and some cyberwarnews site (which seems to aggregate every 1337 Anon hax0r twitter story) are the sources for this Dailymail article. That probably should tell you something about the credibility of the story.
The e-mail itself reads as a bad caricature of what people think defense contractors act like. "It's a bad idea, but the money proposed it amazing!!!"

I just don't buy it.

I'm not saying the sources are correct, but you also shouldn't dismiss the information as just meaningless garbage. The U.S. has a history of false flag operations, by the way:

quote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods

Operation Northwoods was a series of false-flag proposals that originated within the United States government in 1962, but were rejected by the Kennedy administration.[2] The proposals called for the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), or other operatives, to commit perceived acts of terrorism in U.S. cities and elsewhere. These acts of terrorism were to be blamed on Cuba in order to create public support for a war against that nation, which had recently become communist under Fidel Castro.[3] One part of Operation Northwoods was to "develop a Communist Cuban terror campaign in the Miami area, in other Florida cities and even in Washington".

Operation Northwoods proposals included hijackings and bombings followed by the introduction of phony evidence that would implicate the Cuban government. It stated:

quote:

The desired resultant from the execution of this plan would be to place the United States in the apparent position of suffering defensible grievances from a rash and irresponsible government of Cuba and to develop an international image of a Cuban threat to peace in the Western Hemisphere.

Several other proposals were included within Operation Northwoods, including real or simulated actions against various U.S. military and civilian targets. The plan was drafted by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, signed by Chairman Lyman Lemnitzer and sent to the Secretary of Defense. Although part of the U.S. government's Cuban Project anti-communist initiative, Operation Northwoods was never officially accepted; it was authorized by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, but then rejected by President John F. Kennedy.

• Locked thread