Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Boywhiz88 posted:

Ask him if we can get Gunplay x Metro Zu soon!!! I know it's too late. But I'd kill for that.

You're Welcome :smug:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxm4Hhq5PPw&hd=1

this may not have been what you were looking for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Wezlar posted:

Born Like This is probably the easiest point to jump in, Mm.. Food, and Vaudeville Villain are also dope.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKPM3hF7FUU

Don't listen to that poo poo he did with Danger Mouse no matter what anyone tells you.

IMO besides dangerdoom (not very good) Born like this is probably dooms weakest album. His recent output hasn't been that good, speaking as someone who loves doom. Operation:Dooms Day is his debut and my personal favorite of his, a lot less polished than most of his later albums but the beats are great and classic doom, with some from his late brother Subroc, and its back when Doom was still hungry. His run in 2003-2004 was also great, with Madvilliany (get this), Vaudeville Villain, MMM food and Take me to your leader all being very good to great. Most accessible is probably Mmm food which is almost entirely self produced with no real weak tracks, but skip the like 4 skits in the middle. Madvilliany & Vaudeville Villain both have producers other then doom and thus a different sound then his other stuff, but are both quality.

some tracks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQnjNOWd1sI off doomsday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqW4tKkRoOE&hd=1 off vaudeville villain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeE4nXD-7_g&hd=1 off take me to your leader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiYDJ432b0U off mm food

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Nov 15, 2012

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Im far from an expert on the alchemist, but the solo album he released this year (russian roulette) is really good and worth checking out. The production is top notch throughout with most of the features on it killing their verses. Its in the style of like madvilliany where its lots of short, heavily sampled songs with a variety of rappers

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Pretty sure some of the dudes in captain murphy are OF. Ignoring the similar voices/lyrical content theres straight up shout outs/reprisals of OF lines.

Really like the mix tape, production is top notch and makes me want to check out other stuff flying lotus has done. The rapping is also surprisingly solid and the vocal fuckery sounds p. good

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

the black husserl posted:

Amazing. Also the new Exquire video is genius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEizosP6PJU

I've never really been an Exquire fan but holy poo poo he kills that in part 1. Gonna have to keep an eye on any new releases from him. also :lol: at live from realniggaria al jazeera exclusive

edit: this has been on repeat since I saw this post, song owns

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 18, 2012

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

thathonkey posted:

I don't think this has been posted yet. This fellow, Trinidad Jim, fancies gold and wants to tell you all about it. Not sure how I feel about this but he is starting to blow up in my city:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUc-u8fyNyo

He's kind of like a flamboyant version of Waka Flocka. He's even from an un-noteworthy Atlanta suburb.

this is really bad, but in the related videos I found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5oXQutUg0&hd=1

I normally hate joke rappers but for some reason I love krispy kreme, dude is awesome

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

guy in a jetta posted:

2.5 million views

christ

not gonna defend it as its objectivity p. crap joke rapping but lol @ thinking youtube views mean poo poo in 2012. I mean that trinidad jones poo poo has a million views

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I've been listening to "Ha" by Juvenile on repeat for like 3 days. Can someone recommend some similar sounding songs?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

vanbags posted:

Juvenile - Solja Rag

Just look up any New Orleans bounce music. Hot Boyz, No Limit (Kane & Abel, Mystikal), 5th Ward Weebie, Soulja Slim, and just anything that isn't Big Freedia.

"Ha" is a pretty unique track though, so you'll be hard-pressed to find something as similar.

And something to jump off any party: PnC - NO Block Party

These songs are cool, thanks. Right now I mostly just have a lot of cash money in terms of new orleans rap but I'll check out the other stuff for sure. really like that PnC track

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I gotta be honest, I love early Outkast but I'm not really a fan of love below to modern era so I haven't checked out Big Bois solo album yet. But holy poo poo that song owns and now I feel like maybe I slept on the album

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

The rapping by captain murphy (flylo?) is p. sweet. It sounds like Tyler except way better than anything hes done since like Bastard. I mean yeah its kind of immature but rapping about your dick isn't any worse than rapping about killing people or cocaine (i like rap about killing people and cocaine).

also I hated the Trinidad Jones video posted earlier but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc5dLBAeRko&hd=1 owns and makes me want to check out the rest of this mixtape

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

ruddiger posted:

I thought the lyrics to Killing Joke were pretty tight.

Y'all know how I do
I've got the last laugh or two
In that awkward moment when you see that I'm the Joker too
Underneath the chilling cloak,
the killing joke

attention rappers:
please never say "that awkward moment" in a ryhme again.
thanks!

edit: all gold everything sucks, guess I have no soul :devil:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I'm fine with listening to rap about killing people and incredibly demeaning rap that literally treats women as objects purely for sexual pleasure, but god forbid a kid from rapping about date rape. yeah rape culture blah blah but you cant censor rapping about something because its offensive. I mean big l said
"Every minute, my style switches up, they said a real man
Won't hit a girl well I ain't real cause I beat bitches up"
and thats way more abhorrent then that lovely soulja boy song, but well Big L owns.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

after listening to Sir Lucious Left Foot I really did sleep on this album. It definitley a mix of old Outkast and new Outkast sound, and also I'm kind of surprised its a Big Boi album and not an Andre album. But drat Big Boi goes in and even the songs that are more sing songy/have dumb rock choruses work. Incredibly well produced too

seriously good album

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Nov 30, 2012

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

THNDRTHF posted:

Hope they know my nigga gutter fuckin' kidnap kids gently caress 'em in the rear end, throw 'em over the bridge

No but date rape is worse then kidnapping, raping and killing kids because

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

goldblums eyes posted:

Bank$ is a huge fan. Though typically thought of as high-level geek poo poo, these days, most people under the age of 30 grew up with Dragon Balls, Pokémon, and Gundum Wing. And no one's judging. ;But either way, Bank$ thought he'd come out of his anime closet with New Times at, well, where else, but megastore Tate's Comics.

http://youtu.be/HZQ19zoHBsg

oh my god this is hilarious

first line " I am with Robb Bank$ ...who is a...uh...rapper..Hip-hop artist."

edit: ahaha some hot nerdy girl asked him about some random anime and he clearly had no idea what she was talking about

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 1, 2012

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

unlike adam levine, this new Big Boi album is pretty fuckin' dope. I like it a little more than his debut I think

the kudi song sucks though

also the UGK song owns and makes me miss pimp C :(

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Dec 3, 2012

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

an skeleton posted:

yeah, and this is unfortunate. but do you think any rapper can do something like this and make it sound good? somebody said the cudi song sucked, but it seems like someone with a more "melodic" type of low instead of a traditional rap style could make these songs work better, somebody like cudi, or... andre 3000 :(

that said I respect Big Boi for making this album and will be listening to it a lot.

(almost) All the guests are great, to the point that a lot of the time they outshine Big Boi on the track. Is this really a bad thing if its a great album?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I like everyone on the track, but uh... why? these rappers are all good, but don't really have much in common besides being successful "newer" hip hop artists. just seems like a list of dudes that can rap good randomly put together. i mean uh, yellawolf and action bronson ???

edit: that mystikal is dope, but dudes a literal rapist. already had a career in the 90's don't think he needs to come back to rap

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 7, 2012

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

That movie is :krad: the diss song is p. bad though
I wouldn't want the Gangster Disciples to kill Rick Ross, but if they scared him into an early retirement retirement that would be cool with me

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Revisiting Zuology after finding it solid on release, dick my dick in lean still owns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K9hEc5_rHI

it even has like the best trap beat of the year

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

So I guess Charles Hamilton released a mix tape with the Alchemist in October? Anyway Charles Hamilton has definitely gone in a weird direction but I like it. A lot of rappers are trying to be like Kool Keith, but I think Charles comes close here with rapping about masturbating and prostitutes over weird synth laden beats? anyways its cool check it out. also alchemist beats own as always. done with a really lovely microphone which adds an odd quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT-fhtSbzhA&hd=1

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Dec 10, 2012

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

So T.I.'s new album leaked today. It's pretty average, with some decent features. Doesn't really measure up to early T.I., but hey it has andre 3k! The song with asap rocky is terrible. also the album closes with a song that has an auto tuned chorus of "Jesus loves me" I mean thats cool TI but wtf mane you a trap trapper

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 13, 2012

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Aural Zeitgeist is the name of my post-rock band

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I like SGP, but the problem with him trying to replicate 90's devil rap is that there's a shitload of it out there and pretty much all of it is better then his imitation. For some reason I love lil ugly mane though, who pretty much does the same thing

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I think its to play up the whole "rapping redneck" persona.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Trinidad's mixtape is actually pretty good. He's a pretty immature rapper, but the beats generally bang and it has some great songs on it (madden on the game cube). Also has a dubstep crossover track that works much better than Rocky's attempt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSiVLnMm_NQ

I'm not sure if he can transfer that into album sales, but I wouldn't count him out yet

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

Young Chop is by far the best producer of the year. No questions asked

young chop is one of the least interesting producers of the year, unless I guess you really like lex luger. Personally my favorite producer this year is probably either shawn kemp (ugly mane) or Lofty305. Both produced some great music this year, notably mister thug isolation/supasonic for kemp and anything by metro zu for lofty.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

GET MONEY posted:

Kim ain't a gold-digger though, she's a superstar all from a home movie!

As far as top releases this year go, no one's mentioned Lord of the Fly by Blue Sky Black Death & Nacho Picasso and that's a shame because it owned and I only discovered it through this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy4slof2YK4

I'd never heard of this before I read this post yesterday, this album it great. I've listened to it a couple times now, and although Nacho's punchlines do get tiresome sometimes the beats bang on every track and Nacho is a p. funny MC that has some dope verses. Did I mention the beats? Some really great hooks too, which is nice to hear in underground rap. I'm surprised this isn't bigger.

Another good track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmXFS5gRtOI

On a side note I've also never heard of Blue Sky Black Death before, and drat how did such great production get wasted on random wu affiliates

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jan 2, 2013

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

dieFALKENATOR posted:

nvm, I was actually listening to Blue Sky Black Death/Skull & Bones thing, I didn't check the listing

Also released by BSBD at the same time as this was http://bsbd.bandcamp.com/album/cliff-of-death with Deniro Fararr, who I think(?) is a raider klan affiliate. I prefer this album, it's a bit darker but both are dope. I hope they keep this up into 2013, would love to hear more out of them

Freebase of Metro Zu has released some weird noisey rap music: ex. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KRRJi9AOIo&hd=1

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

So apparently DJ Sound released 3 tapes circa 2006-2007 with a rapper called Lil Rowdy(who I can't find much about the net). DJ Sound was producer with the "Frayser click" and put out some amazing tapes in the early to mid 90s. Also a huge influence on more modern artists like Spaceghostpurpp,lil Ugly Mane etc. I didn't know DJ Sound had put out anything semi-recently, but these pretty much own.
some youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWERBGFQUgg&hd=1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0rNyOGERDg

edit: upon digging deeper, DJ sound has also rereleased all of his tapes on through his website, wrote a book and gone insane

"After holding rank as the "Master Blaster" of a breakdancing crew known as the "Ridgecrest Breakers" for a couple of years, this "Shotcaller" then known in the mid 80's as SoundMaster C. converted this breakdancing crew into a click of young m.c.s consisting of homies and kinfolks from the crest and various parts of the city including south memphis,orangemound,and glenveiw. "Beatboxing" for his rap crew as they battled rivals for popularity, respect, and the power to pull chicks in other neighborhoods. After nothing else to prove-rivals retreating-Wining talent shows,and pulling chicks in otha hoods.- as popular as he could be-a bored d.j.sound- stepped his game up to a whole notha level when he got that equipment, starte rocking shows,turning out house parties in the bay, and all ova the M., D.j.sound started putting together lil mixtapes. Volume1 and Volume 2 were d.j.style mixtapes,but volume3 on up were all original d.j.sound tracks. D.j.sound needed m.c.s to lace or serenede the naughty notes and make some noise. He cleaverly schemed and dreamed up a team of talented hand picked poets. Since ridgecrest is located on the northside of memphis,in an area we call the bay was actually frayser,,He named this "dreamteam" the FrayserClick..which was a click of groups,soloist,& prior breakindancing members of the old crew who were able to meet the requirements of d.j.sound. D.j.sound was not only a d.j.but a talented beatmaking producer + executive at a young age. D.j.sound released 11volumes in tha MTown. People in the m loved those d.j.sound mixtapes!! as his audience grew larger the demand increase. his buzz began to drift off into the outskirts of the bordering states,he began to sell his mixtapes out of car & stereo stores, kickbox & amp places,and mom & pop shops. As the demand increase, the stores began to pay upfront for wholesale quantities of D.j.Sound mixtapes in bulk. D.j.Sound had a total of 21stores waiting for sound to restock them.He did shows,struck a pose,and f*** the finest hoes! He made stars out of the rappers in his click ,and became an underground celebrity. He had juice,he had clout he had "pull",he had a rep, he had the Fame & power,,he was the star D.j.Sound, until one day- a bored D.j.Sound-as popular as he can be-with nothing else to prove-step down,and retired from the rapgame to work & start a family (at the time downsouth "crunk" nor "screwed and chopped" was getting any record deals because the eastcoast dominated the airwaves with oldschool lyrical tongue rollers,& the type of rappers that david chappelle always have on his show like wyclef with a guitar singing "if i was president" hahaha(lol) we like the show but refuse to watch it until we see soulja boy perform on it. The industry was not yet hipped to the Westcoast gangsta sh**,houstons purple yrup,Lukes miami bass,new awlins, the Mtown and ATL's "tear the club up" "crunk" "screwed" "traphouse" metaphoric jive talking country slain spitting rap songs,or songs just to make you dance not listen to every word styles & HORRORCORE genres that the south had in store) during the explosion of mtown rap clicks in the early to late 90s,just having an underground buzz or rep plus making a lil money off Mom/pop/shops was as successful as you were gonna get. D.j.Sound never sent a demo tape off, shopped a tape with an exec, nor had any intentions on getting signed whatsoever his entire life!! Now12 years later, D.j.sound manage to still have a good thing going" and music that still sell inspite of not creating any other material during this 12year stand still or hiatus gap. Everything made in the early to mid 90s by D.j.sound and his click, are classics that still sell to this day. His reign lasted from 1986-1996(maybe98)the clicksters had to go there seperate ways.THE END. Years go by. D.j.sound finds the perfect manager to take on the heavy task which was a mission to rekindle restore refoundate and build upon on a "probono" agreement and zero dollar budget . The perfect person for this probono managerial job postion was Player1. Player1 (an artist from the group Player1& player2 of d.j.sounds' frayser clique, choreographer of breakdance routines for d.j.sounds ridgecrest breakers, whom also carried a stage name in the mid to late 80s while doing shows with d.j.sound as M.c.ice of M.c.ice & Soundmaster C a.k.a. transound c) had started a label called Litegreen records. Litegreen records is the story of a 15year old ridgecrest kid who sold crack while snacking on milk and cookies.(Grinding 24hours a day,7days a week,& 365 days a year for 9years straight until age 24) Eventually converting his crack empire into a fulltime marijuana operation when he developed a remorseful compassion for his people his community and the children of the crack addicts he supplied. After seeing the crack epedemic destroy a lot of good people+ having friends who were receiving heavy jailterms + life sentences either for the drugs alone,or for killing each other over them,he wanted out of the crackgame although The addicts would simply find other suppliers,and continue to abuse crack. (just the opposite of the movie "Blow") The pot slanging becomes more of an action packed success then coke! There were the downsides to slanging pot that makes him strive so desperately at going legit and getting out of the streetgame all together!!. The trick was to slang the pot with the lime colored "LITEGREEN" complexion to the "color struck" for fast turnovers. If it wasnt "LITEGREEN" you were just another lame lowlife in the slowlane while the crack dealers lived good fastlane lives! Explained with authenticity in the point of veiw from a true hustler rapper and racontuer in the street lit book CrackRockRaised "The Autobiography of a ridgecrest crack dealer in the bay of NorthMemphis" which will be sold in ebook,ibook downloads,amazon,& bookbaby.. Will be Physically distributed and store shelfed as well, Books a million and Barnes & Nobel and even BestBuy.Currently in submissions with holloway publishing and being solicited to Lyer Coen,props to Sig Shore,Gordon Parks,Jhon Evans,Jack Steely,Mario vanPeebles, along with a few other key hollywood players for low budget high quality exploitive productions.This high demand urban fictional book script or hiphop urban film of today is like the new millienium superfly or hustle and flow part2 {{{{In the mid 80's to late 90's Ridgecrest was known as the million dollar track}}}}}} a track is like a strip (silkroad of china if you will).Track as in drive thru traffic flowing in and out of an apartment complex that had multiple entrances and exits.Far from having a block,corner,or a trap. A trap is usually a house or in front of a house(dopehouse). a block or corner is how the east coast and northern hustlers get down. Ridgecrest was a dope track,a swap meet drive thru, crack cocaine wallstreet style village,a Public flea market style crack meet up spot due to lack of cellphones or cells not being as common if invented at all(eventually the brick style cellphone and the beeper came into play)back then.This track was a traffic infested crack contaminated haven of continuous flow. people picking up,connects dropping off, "auction style brokers". The ridgecrest network "hear say" 'word of mouth" clientale was raging hard and spreading thick thru out the white community among suburbs all over millington munford,bartlett,arlington,shelby,fayette,and neighboring counties. Being spoiled off the priveledge of having a track for a neighborhood made these ridgecrest kids not only rapstar fly, but targets of other less fortunate neighborhoods. Other neighborhoods wasnt as safe to go with money to crack shop,didnt have the fair trade exchange nor even swop real substance for currency service clout or reputation as that of the Ridgecrest apts had. Other neighborhoods would simply rob a nigga whos trying to cop an oz, or snatch and take a whiteboys money run off,they would carjack beat you down,helicoptors would fly over there hoods but not the ridgecrest apt.. No other hood made you feel so comfortably safe strolling in casually for a couple hundred dollars worth of crack 2:00am.and each month clientale tripled.true hustlers were bred from the ridgecrest apts.The average ridgecrest kid huslted atleast enough money for a pair of sneakers and never sold again graduated from highschool and lived square lives from there on after but not Priest(a boy who fell in love with hiphop age 5,began breakdancing age10 breakdancing full fledge professionally by age13 rapping at 14 who bought shoes clothes fresh outfits fat ropes gold jewelry age 15 and turned his back on his old breakdancing crew who had converted to rapcrew) together with his enforcer killa bones a.k.a player2(who becomes righthandman then later 50/50 partner)they would pledge by 17 a cocaine vow to dedicate there lives to a life sacrificing career in crack slanging from the corner as kids, to kilos when they were old. Either jail death or rich without nothing to lose anyway. They would still visit d.j.sound and rap for fun as a hobby with no intentions on getting signed, they brought a certain street credability to d.j.sound tapes that the average rapper didnt at that time(other rappers were from frayser but not from ridgecrest or either were thugs from ridgecrest but not fulltime organized criminals some were from orangemound southmemphis even,and although the new rappers were flowing there asses off, this dual brought a certain street cred to the tapes) because of how popular priest and bones were. the other click members rapped so good because they thought sound would get signed but p1 bones and even d.j.sound did it for fun. Millions of dollars in revenue began to circulate thru ridgecrest and the heat was on. The narcs - code word for undercover metro narcotics unit -, would drive thru in unmarked cars to purchase crack,arrest and beat you up. D.E.A would kick in doors, & around that time sheriff jack owens started a "jump and grab" a dealer system (just drive by snatch him up in a van drive him straight to jail). Sheriff Jack owens was notorieus for putting drugs back on the streets after taking dealers off the streets, these conspiracies led to his suicide death at a frayser gas station down the street from the ridgcrest apt.The guy was as huge as the mayor says P1, Narcs began taking over the dopetrack after raids, putting on jerry curl wigs, gold tooth fronts, posing as ridgecrest dopeboys,arresting all the wealthy crack customers from the suburbs and had the office of the complex close all entrances & exits,causing a slew of dopeboys to run to the customer as they drove thru in there cars. With one way in and one way out,no more rich suburban customers only the strung out residents,family members, loved ones,highschool coeds, people in neighboring hoods,or just supplying the inner community caused a remorseful compassion in this hustler for his people by age 24. From age 24 to 32(2005)he converts from litegreen to pimping to desperately trying to legitimate his enterprise days before his 33rd birthday with his film "straight outta frayser" in an action packed midlife transition and career change to form a record label "autobiography of a ridgecrest crackdealer in the bay of north memphis" CrackRockRaised is a story told from the action packed point of veiw first hand account street level to mid level rise, not the average rags to riches story where a kingpin lives a soap opera style life and ends up "wired up". This book will also contain the story that once was here.Consider the story that was once here a preview of the books final chapters. Born in memphis as Priest named by his mother after a 70's role leading character in the movie superfly.Ironicly coincidentaly finding himself in too deep wanting to get out of the game just like the character he was named after. "
http://www.frayserclick.com/

Tolkien minority fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 7, 2013

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Most of his mixtapes from that era bang. But imo burrprint 3d is his best

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I haven't heard of Big Baby Ghandi before the other day, but I guess he's a (former) Das Racist affiliate.

I really like his mixtape, Big loving Baby. It's self produced(I Think)with a sort of blend of more classic NYC beats and the new school "cloud beats" and is kind of sprawling and unfocused but he can be a pretty witty MC and most of the beats bang.

standout track
http://bigbabygandhi.bandcamp.com/track/numero-uno

bandcamp
http://bigbabygandhi.bandcamp.com/

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

SaberToothedPie posted:

Unfortunately he quit rap to go to Pharmacy School, so no more music from him. :smith:

that's too bad, but as ODB once said "who the gently caress wants to be an MC, if you can't get paid to be a fuckin' MC?"

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I didn't know people still disliked Gucci Mane in 2013 :confused:

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

T.I. circa like Trap Muzik had like 4 albums of good poo poo. It's too bad T.I. forgot how to rap since then :(

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Bob NewSCART posted:

What is the appeal of Future? I'm not asking this to sound like a douchebag or to try and diss him, I just don't really understand how the same people who hate and poo poo on T-pain(rightfully so) can like Future when it's essentially the same poo poo. The only song I like him on is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1gYwDrn1Ck but this is the only song I've ever heard that he actually sounds like that and not stupidly over auto-tuned.

I used to hate auto tune but I kind of love futue so I don't know. Also "turn on the lights" is the best rap or pop song of 2012. Future just owns i guess?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

doctor thodt posted:

I'm a little late on that KRIT track but jeez can he and Bun just reform UGK together, it's not like anyone will even be able to tell the difference.

You're wrong and your opinion is terrible

I mean I like krit but no matter how much he wishes he was, he ain't pimp c

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Fukin whites weren't happy stealing rock and roll, now they're taking trap beatz!?!?! JEEZ SO MUCH FOR A POST RACIAL AMERICA, THANKS OBAMA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKZEww1T75c

Classi bay area cop killin'

• Locked thread