Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
I think I've seen punch combos work in MMA when guys get a half thai clinch as soon as they get in range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

niethan posted:

Crosspost from grappling thread

So here are the results.

Nice fights, thanks for posting. You're kinda halfway between the two most effective standing postures. Standing tall isn't a bad thing, but I'd suggest bending your knees a bit more so your opponent isn't starting shots with his hips under yours, and extending through the top of your head instead of looking down. Remember that the point of standing tall is that it gives you enough mobility to dance around and use forward throws, so you don't necessarily want to brace when the opponent tries to hang on you to break your posture- just slide away from the spot on the floor where they're committing weight, swing them around it, and attack when they base out to land.

It seems like the most practical advice I could give you would be that you should have a default gameplan to flow into as soon as you get a collar&elow grip. One reliable plan is to level change (fake a shot) so the opponent starts to back their hips away from you, and then rise up and try to lift them into the air by their shoulders with your C&E grip. It works because you catch them while their forward/backward equilibrium is off and they can't brace against anything to resist your lift, and you can finish however you want. I usually hit the fireman's carry if I haven't gotten all the way back to standing, hip throw if I have.

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Feb 26, 2012

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

niethan posted:

The gameplan I had planned was to foot sweep, get mount, ezekiel. But soon as poo poo started I had forgotten all about that.

drat, that sounds like it would be really hard to do smoothly. Do you drill this sequence? You might consider setting up the foot sweep with a trip or something else that makes them have to step in a predictable way so you don't have to just catch the sweep out of thin air. Also, maybe start from the russian 2on1 so you can start working the arm into ezekial position asap instead of trying to catch it after you take mount.

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
In a no-gi streetfight a judoka isn't going to try to clinch with you or shoot on you if they have any sense, they're going to circle you and stay outside, maybe throw some kicks at your knees as you step to mess with your balance, and look for a russian 2 on 1 grip to ude-hishigi-waki-gatame (armpit armlock) so they can plant your face into the ground.

Also, if you squat you're vulnerable to being off-balanced backwards, so I have no doubt that a judoka would have a field day with you if you sunk your hips without sprawling to keep punching as he came in- forearm deflect the punch and ko/o uchi makikomi as you drop your hips with an elbow between the eyes as your head hits the ground.

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 12, 2012

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
I wouldn't trust t shirts to keep from ripping for a throw but I've had success grabbing a big handful of collar and using it to choke people out from mount. Definitely ruins the shirt, of course.

For nogi gripping I've actually come up with a new grip that no one else uses, which simulates lapel grips way better than over/unders, collar&elbow, and even the russian 2on1. I'm very excited, because it seems to open up nogi to judo in a totally new way: I don't have to devote any of my focus to making those constant minor postural/strategic adjustments to compensate for nogi's weird grips anymore! I can just do judo like we practice in class and opponents go flying. I'm not limited to shooting vs our wrestlers, and even in gi grappling it's letting me dominate in both standing and groundwork. In fact, no one's found a counter to it yet, and it's completely changed the game where I train. It's been such a huge improvement to my grappling that I've actually been trying to keep quiet about it, but I feel like that's a bit selfish, so if anyone's interested I'd be happy to talk a bit more about it.

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

Drewjitsu posted:

I can't find it for the life of me, but I saw a t-shirt choke demonstrated where you grab inside the collar, and then bunch up the shirt into your hand (ideally going all the way to the end of the shirt, so you have a strong grip to choke with.

Also, spill the beans man! If you've got some technology, share it with the class!

Haha thanks. I want a legitimate chess victory btw.

Alright so basically it's an arm triangle to the opponent's bicep. I usually enter off an arm drag, slip my hands in, and then clamp down above the elbow like I'm trying to finish a RNC. Opponents feel like they can reach their far arm over to leg pick/hit you but leaning weight on their shoulder will turn them away. At this point the big leg reap is basically guaranteed if they pull/step backwards, but you can also do everything from inner thigh throws to flying armbars. The real key to the grip is that it lets you lift people off balance with the same hip action and shoulder squareness that's the source of the judo player's strength in gi standup.

Some combos I'm reliably hitting:
Left Arm Triangle: Lean on shoulder>knee wheel>big inside reap>inner thigh throw
Right Arm Triangle: Big outside reap>advancing footsweep>body drop
Following footsweep>shoulder throw>small inner reap>flying armbar

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
Koshi guruma's fine, like any throw it has its time and place (usually nestled between an ouchi gari and an uchi mata in my case).

What's not fine is crash pads. Unless there's a medical need, I (and every single judoka I've ever talked to about 'em) say avoid them like the plague. Not only do they mess up your uke's ukemi, but they also change your throw significantly because 'ground level' for your throw is up so much higher than ground level for your feet. Judo was designed to be completely safe when practiced at full speed on tatami, you wouldn't run around with crutches to practice for a track meet right?

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Counterpoint: Taking falls for pretty much any Makikomi throw

Crash pads are a tool. They can be overused but they definitely have a place in training.

I know where you're coming from cause I've had some seriously fat guys just drop on me with their makikomis, but skilled toris can catch themselves on a forearm (like a forward breakfall but with just one arm) and avoid causing you any undue suffering without sacrificing control or technique. You really shouldn't need crash pads for judo, they're a recent invention and only see widespread use in America afaik

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

My intent was to point out to someone fairly new that it's not something you must do, and that in my experience focusing on other techniques will result in a far better game.

Cheers to that, especially if you've got even a slight weight advantage on your uke. Could I ask about your judo background btw? It sounds like you've been at it a while :)

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
Hey while we're on judo talk I'm curious what people think of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfI22dZ979A&feature=related it looks to me like it would be pretty effective, and might transfer well to no-gi/mma environments. What throw would you use to set this up?

E: Also I feel like I saw something similar in an Eddie Bravo vid once but I can't find it now

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Apr 27, 2012

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
I just want to tell you guys, I got to speak with the founders of the Blind Judo Foundation today as part of a school project and it was a seriously moving experience. Coach Cahill is a bit gruff, and doesn't like to talk about his accomplishments (quoting his bio for those who don't know "Seventy-five percent of all [American] medals won in Judo at the Olympic / Paralympic level has been won under the coaching of Willy Cahill"), and kept interrupting himself to encourage his students to get back up quickly and re-engage after they were thrown- seemed like a real class act.

Ron Peck is a literal fountain of information about the injustice and inequalities in treatment between Paralympic and Olympic athletes, and speaks with great eloquence about how and why we can use Judo as a tool for teaching all people to be more open-minded and inclusive of others. He obviously cares very deeply, and you can feel it when he speaks.

I'm not affiliated with these guys at all, but I want to encourage anyone who feels like doing a good deed to visit their website and consider donating http://www.blindjudofoundation.org/index.php Thanks for reading :)

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 04:56 on May 3, 2012

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I was working on something like this last night. I'm not sure how this will translate to writing, but here goes.

I'm confused! It sounds like you're talking about following up a ko uchi makikomi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmJpLabg6Xk with a hip throw, but that doesn't make sense. Of course, it's standard practice to go back and forth between ko uchi gari and ippon seoinage since the defense to one is the opening for the other, but when it comes to their sacrifice variations, drop seoi and kouchi makikomi, you shouldn't be able to follow up immediately because you've already 'sacrificed' your balance during your entry. What holds you up while you bring your back foot forward to fit in for the hip throw after they step your ko uchi? Are you posting with your ko ouchi-ing leg or hanging on their lapels or something to keep from falling over? Also, you caution that pushing with your arms is a mistake, but generally kouchi involves a ton of arm action, since you have to 'turn the steering wheel right' to keep their weight on the stepping foot. I wonder if you might be just making a deep penetration step to position yourself for the drop seoi and calling it a ko uchi?

E: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyQpdNWbzFs&feature=related First clip in this is the only exception I can think of to the "can't follow up a drop seoi" rule, but that's not a genuine attempt at drop seoi, so it's a wash

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 9, 2012

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
Ah, that clarified for me, thanks. Sounds like you do the Koga-style advancing kouchi/seoi. I usually do more of a lateral kuzushi for that combo, like Bridge in this vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCxfdhqYljU Get the opponent rocking back and forth with the 'conductor' motion, opposing their natural walking rhythm, and then throw when they sync up with you. I feel like the real advantage of this method over the advancing version is that the opponent has a harder time countering- they have to read your intention and anticipate instead of just being able to react and try to keep distance between their hips and yours.

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 10, 2012

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

Syphilis Fish posted:

Look at young children/bullies. How do they fight? Tackle/takedown, mount and Ground and Pound.

It is the most effective, easiest and quickest way to dominate someone in a fight, and even children do it instinctively. As grappler/fighters we train to be really good at just that: beating people up like a little kid. It has always worked, and it still does.

I think our minds have evolved to recognize that strategy early on/automatically

I think your conclusion doesn't follow from the premise. Do bullies (untrained, inexperienced little kids) tend to naturally double leg, mount then ground and pound? Yes, for sure. But does that mean their method is the most effective, easiest or quickest way to dominate a fight? Hell no.

Takedown>Mount>GnP is a great way to use a size and strength advantage against an untrained, prone opponent, because they'll just cover up and lie there while you rain down punches on them. But the easiest, most effective, and quickest way to dominate a fight IMO is to choke them out, and that's why we train.

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
I'd usually shove bullies back if they started shoving me, and then get tackled. Can't disagree with your definition of dominance, but I think it's more efficient to deny by taking a person's back so they can't reach me, and from there the choke is just a move away.

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

henkman posted:

A guy in the kids class at my gym gets a flying armbar at every competition he competes in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_lXcjSfqlA

Not knocking him but I feel like short elbow locks rely on the element of surprise a lot more than on good technique. When I hit flying arm bars I make sure to put my opponents on their backs before locking anything up, cause I'd hate to break some guy's elbow just to win a match (and cause I'm probably too focused moving towards back to choke).

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

Kumo Jr. posted:

- don't stay in the guard: work to pass before you think about striking.

That's what I was thinking. Against a good guard player you should never feel comfortable striking imo. You'll shut them down most effectively by hiding in their guard and trying with all your might to keep their hips immobile, so each time you draw back to punch it creates a big opening, and they'll be able to negate a lot of the impact force if they even let you swing at all. If you want to ground and pound, pass to knee on belly and then make it rain.

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
So I've been doing the uchi komis seen at the very end of this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIlF1oATn2s&t=533s
and I think I've got them down but can't exactly see the move, does anyone have a better link or description of this?

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

Nierbo posted:

I can't watch that video cos I'm shaped but why the heck would you do uchi komi without knowing what the throw is?

Uchi komi aren't actually meant to set up specific throws, they're more like fancy penetration steps that let you draw power into your hips without impeding your ability to move. We get taught as beginners that uchi komi are about lifting people in various directions, but that's a big oversimplification, and that model gets revisited and revised into something more realistic in the dan grades through kata study.

The movement in question looks to me like the beginning of an ouchi gari, which is basically the point: if my entry is good, I'll have a variety of equally effective ways to finish the throw, and I can just do whatever comes naturally.

So I guess the short answer is that I'm practicing because I think it'll help me attack more fluidly while sliding counter clockwise around an opponent.

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 17, 2012

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
Glad it meant something to you. I can't comment about the significance of that kind of epiphany when it comes to actually improving your physical judo, but I'll tell you that the Tsunoda vid has given me a LOT to think about. The hip snap entry here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY223R2ujCY&t=109s where he breaks the uke's balance and fits in at the same time, and the ripple step entry here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIlF1oATn2s&t=325s have been really addictive to practice because they teach tai sabaki just by doing.

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 18, 2012

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
Nothing MA related is a derail man. Sorry to hear about the neck though! Remember with guillotines to keep their hips away from you and you'll stay safe even against the most determined cranker.

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
It's a tough thing because there are a whole range of martial arts, from norules&sport applicable to sport only to street only (even exhibition only).

I think the most widely-applicable arts are judo, wrestling, sambo, etc, because they facilitate high-mobility grappling and encourage brief engagements. They can legitimately claim to teach self defense.

It's when an art has specialized to the point of being comfortable with only certain ranges or attacks that I raise an eyebrow at their claim to self defense instruction, because smart opponents will just refuse to play their game. For example, kicking boxers in the knees, staying on your feet vs bjj, luring muay thai/kickboxers into groundfighting, etc. There are sport answers to these problems in each case, but in norules environments stuff like that will force you to fight very slowly and carefully, and that's a serious disadvantage. Speed really is 'the great equalizer' and getting pinned down (not necessarily in the literal sense) usually spells doom.

E: Not saying more specialized martial artists can't fight outside their comfort zone, just saying my money's on the guy with a full toolbox and the mind to use it.

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 25, 2012

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

Nierbo posted:

Should I be on the balls of my feet when I do uchi mata or should I plant my heel on my left foot? I'm a right handed player.

e: Mike Swain said that japanese judoka train uki goshi an hour a day. Is that true? After I got my yellow belt my coach told me to forget o goshi and uki goshi exist because I'll never use it and it wont be used against me. I just watched some uki goshi and it looks similar to hane goshi. So is it used as training for hane goshi or is it actually something I should have been training this whole time.

Keep your feet flat if possible. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4T5rXyCQvs That said, I have tight calves and often end up on the balls of my feet during the throwing action (the lift), especially against taller players, and people compliment me on my uchi mata often.

Also we didn't spend much time on uki goshi specifically when I was in Japan, but we did practice that kind of hip action as a throwing mechanism a lot, and since uki goshi could be called the simplest version of that movement, maybe that's what Swain meant?

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

Thanks for these man!

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
Grats! A win (especially against a jerk like that) is always something to be celebrated.

I think my biggest piece of advice is to have patience- you just never seemed to have control of the fight. For example, wading into his punches without feeling out his standing range and intensity, dropping to groundwork without off-balancing or even gripping him, looking for subs without anything but a DLR hook, and letting him overpower you even from the bottom of side control.

Your hips are basically locked all fight and that's impeding your flow, but that'll change with time. For some specific techniques, you might consider Imanari rolls https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s670y3NKics- they're kinda cheesy but they'll work with your 'pull guard' move (which is really more of a 'just drop onto your back' move), set up leg locks, disrupt his balance, and make you more of a moving target so you don't get pounded as you go down.

Also, vs guys who hang on to the headlock, pass to side control (you did this), then to north/south, and then just throw your leg over and arm bar if they still aren't letting go.

Finally, better fighters will just keep the DLR hook off and thank you for giving them top position, and buttkick escape or 360 pivot escape if the leglock ever gets that far. Sweeping first from the DLR hook like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rux8Qf9eskE might help you some, and it's an easy swing into deep half from there if you can't make the DLR work.

E: What the hell, my Imanari roll link broke overnight? Okay, fixed

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jul 9, 2012

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
drat I'm sure I sound like such a hippie for saying this but aggression isn't the only way- you can also fight for the sheer joy of it (and you'll even retain the adrenaline boost). Many of us got into fighting because we're body mechanics nerds, and it's the cerebral and physical challenge of MMA that calls to us, not loving people up and winning trophies.

I think I agree with your sentiment though encouraging niethan to tap into whatever drives him, whether that means envisioning his opponent as his worst enemy or developing a calculated gameplan.

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jul 10, 2012

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
BJJ has a tradition of being taught to appear so complex that you can only learn the macro-concepts through experience to emphasize of the importance of fitness and coordination. Thanks to the focus on groundwork people can practice a million different positions (and learn multiple names for each one depending on who's teaching), but the pieces won't really come together until you get a feel for the way tension and momentum flow through them. Calm, deep breaths while rolling can help you stay focused on the important things.

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

Fontoyn posted:

After the first round I really didn't feel anything he threw at me. My head's made of something else; after the fight the boxer told me he'd never hit anyone that hard and not seen them go down, drat.

I did a lot of stupid poo poo during the fight:
1. winked at girls in the crowd
2. Yelled how not tired I was at my opponent's corner during the fight
3. Kept my hands down

Hahah I like your style dude.

On an unrelated note, my ippon seoinages have improved so much this summer! I've been doing hours of uchi komis every day and they're really paying off, the shoulder throw "spin+loadup" move feels as natural as a punch these days and I can pop into it from anywhere as soon as I feel my opponent's balance falter. Being someone who only ever used shoulder throws to mask leg attacks before, it's a whole new world :D

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
I got a neck injury once from a bigger guy trying to arm triangle me from guard. It never really hurt enough to tap and it definitely wasn't a blood choke so I just sat there with him cranking on it and waited for him to open his guard so I could pass. I was pretty stiff the next day and it took a few weeks for me to fully recover my neck strength and range of movement. I don't know if anything could stop someone from doing the 'answer the telephone' defense and using their other hand to move their elbow back over your head though.

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
"Forget that Eddie Bravo stuff about stoned grappling, we're gonna take this to the next level! Now put this on your tongue and go get your gi." :catdrugs:

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
There's a whole set of techniques in the "post-throw, pre-groundwork" phase that's being increasingly ignored as BJJ and judo try to differentiate themselves from each other. The BJJ schools I've attended have all had really tight standup, no one could relax and flow until they were off their feet, and the judo schools have had similarly tight groundwork.

I'm sure every judoka has thrown someone who hung on and pulled them over into groundwork during the impact, and I'm sure the BJJers who do standup have been thrown and found themselves caught in a sub or pin before they had time to react. People seem to be trying to forget that the momentum/tension that's collected in standup should continue as you move into groundwork for a smooth flow. If it gets released when you change levels opponents get the chance to go fetal and fend off your sub.

Of course we've all drilled throws into arm bars or kimuras on occasion, but that's just the tip of the iceberg:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Is-VzzCfA Arm Drag>Kouchi Gake>Rolling Calf Crusher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg5MZ8HxmOs Drop seoi>Reverse Arm Triangle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS94xC9sR_g Ko Uchi Gari>Ankle Pick>Knee Bar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBnBB6vGtns Double Leg>Ankle Lock

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Aug 2, 2012

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
Quite the opposite from what I hear, it's basically fine at that level to punch opponents in the jaw so long as you've got a collar grip with it, and nutters and shin kicks are pretty common too.

E: But fighting against someone who really wanted to hurt them would be new.

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Aug 2, 2012

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
Yeah, I've got a nice calf bruise from landing on a rock during asphalt judo the other day. On the plus side I can re-confirm that ukemi works. I think it's super important to practice in a variety of locations- I've known guys who just couldn't fight outside the dojo without getting crazy nerves and it really impacted their tournament performance (I think it was like stage fright).

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
I didn't see a word about throws in the 3rd link. I see some pictures of standup but that'd be like going to a judo school for groundwork. Looked like a good gym regardless.

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
Font best plan is to just open your guard and use your feet to control their hips, climb your guard up towards their shoulders. It's not actually a great idea to punch from inside someone's closed guard, because each time you load up and swing is an invitation for them to sweep you or block your bicep with a foot or shin.

We need a better description of the 'smother,' but if you mean keeping upright posture and driving into you as you try to shrimp away then you should anticipate them pushing forward after you've made space and use that to sweep them.

Also, never be afraid to switch to halfguard (maybe even "let" them pass one of your legs if they're being encouraged to stand up when you play open guard).

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

Bohemian Nights posted:

Today there was an submission wrestling competition co-hosted by our local MMA club and Judo club.

I got in three matches;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZRJzF0KrJY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbgLUoZry6E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLrOi8mizOY

Hahaha that suit! The other guys are right you're doing a great job keeping your hips moving and looking for the angles.

Vid1: You missed a great opportunity to throw when he based out and postured up against your neck grip in the very beginning, you can always reap the advanced leg when they do that. Also, good instinct with the guillotine grip but don't forget to sprawl back with it.

Vid2: When you crossed your feet in that initial arm bar you should have been switching to an omoplata instead, you should continue rotating for a sweep if you can't tap at the elbow with your arm bars, and you should sweep to mount if you're having trouble finishing the triangle (just hug your knees together with both arms and it'll tap the thin necks when it's that deep).

I'll have to think about vid3 after class.

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008

I don't know anything about that club, but I have had some very positive experiences with http://www.spokanejudo.com/. I went to Japan with Sensei Tashiro some years ago and he (and his daughter Missy) made a big impression on me as awesome people and talented competitive judoka. I'm sure if you called they would be able to give you a knowledgeable assessment of Holm's club.

Also, don't overlook the Seattle Dojo.
http://www.seattledojo.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Dojo

In general something to remember is that American Judoka don't tend to do very well in the upper level competitive scene so look skeptically at dojos claiming to produce champions.

----

Unrelated I've been drilling this lately and it seems super reliable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbiPFvFGsZk Kimura>Triangle switch

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Aug 22, 2012

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
See I want to take capeoira but I don't know if I'll have time to judo bow, BJJ slap, wrestling bump, AND capo dance before each roll :ohdear:

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
For speed and power you've gotta let your hips do all the work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CivilDisobedience
Dec 27, 2008
The deal with the solar plexus is that you can use knee on belly with a neck grip to push people's floating ribs into their diaphragm when they exhale and prevent them from inhaling another breath, which triggers an automatic 'panic flail' response that creates submission opportunities. It's an old judo trick and with a gi it can be done from almost any pin. It shouldn't really hurt (any more than someone driving their knee into any of your other soft spots), it just feels kinda tight and then suddenly you can't breathe and you've already exhaled most of your air supply- aaugh!

http://www.grapplearts.com/Blog/2005/07/one-more-thing-about-choking/

CivilDisobedience fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Sep 4, 2012

• Locked thread