Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Just read the OP, and as someone who did ninjutsu for a year and half, I was just wondering if it actually was all bullshit? It was Bujinkan ninjutsu, and the guy who taught it seemed to know his stuff having also done karate, aikido, and had been in the army most of his life. The way he told it, it came over to Europe in the 80s, going to Scandinavia first, then making its way to the UK.

He wasn't doing it for the money because not many of us went, and was always eager to dispel the myths that surround it. If it was bullshit, then he'd been a victim of it just as much as I had, but it seemed just as legit, if not rarer, as other martial arts. I don't know, what's the situation?

In other news, just started Krav Maga this evening, and it was awesome fun. The guy who runs it puts a real focus on actual real life situations, mentioning the laws around self defence and how to try and stop it from escalating or a situation from even happening in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Thanks man, I'll take a look at the Krav thing. And no, we never did anything ridiculous or 'cool'. It just seemed like a normal martial arts class to be honest.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Hey guys, got a question. Started up Krav a few weeks back and I'm really enjoying it so far, seems really real-life oriented and has generally been a lot of fun. However, I'm quite interested in taking up Muay Thai as well. My question is, is it common to be practising two MAs at a time, or will it gently caress up my technique in one or the other? Basically, could I train both at the same time?

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
Great, I'll suggest it to the friends I train with then. Thanks.

• Locked thread