Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

How about something inspiring done with panels? Sandy Bilus took a single panel from each of rear end's issues to create a "trailer" of the story:

I really liked All-Star Superman (it's a shame that All-Star Batman flopped so the series wasn't continued - the archetypal story telling you everything you need to know about Wonder Woman?) and I felt this was an ingenious way of showing the story.

It's a shame they took out the Superman meeting the genetic-memory of his father scenes out of the cartoon movie they made of this. Although, we got to hear some of the lines said in Man of Steel, so all was not lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Rhyno posted:

Where did you read this?

A few blogs, but now that I search around, it could have just been them shooting their mouths off rather than the book actually having poor sales. The wikipedia page actually says ASB&RTBW was actually the highest selling comics DC sold on the months they came out. \/:shobon:\/ Whoops!

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

redbackground posted:

Here's a pic for those who haven't read Century:

He's also frozen in Ice-Nine, just to add to Moore's literary references in his fan-fiction.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

site posted:

This Reed Richards is too nice this must be a skrull or a clone or mind controlled Reed or something

There's another set of panels of Reed ruminating on him effectively giving the powers and the associated problems to his, let's face it, family and why he set up the whole super-hero thing.

What I'm saying is that Marvel Knights Reed Richards should be canon Reed Richards. Even if the Marvel Knights series still happened in 616.

Edit: A "Doctor Doom sock puppet account" gimmick would be pretty funny.

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 29, 2016

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

mind the walrus posted:

Are you talking about those Waid/Wierngo pages from around the same time where Reed tells infant-Val about how he knows he hosed over Sue, Johnny, and Ben and his solution was to keep them out as public celebrities and heroes so they wouldn't get immediately stuck in some underground research bunker the rest of their lives. That however cheesy, going out and calling himself "Mr. Fantastic" and promoting the "Fantastic Four" incessantly would give his family the closest thing to normalcy they could hope for?

Cause that wasn't Marvel Knights.

Well, that shows how much I know! :shobon:

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

I like Namor sort of admitting defeat, there.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

SonicRulez posted:

Every bit of this is absolutely amazing.

Greatest part may just be the Mad Hatter reduced to wearing a folded newspaper.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

People'll bring up the Frank-face thing, but I'm sure he recently got out of that rutt. Sad to hear of his death.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Requiem is really good. Best thing JMS ever did.

I'm fairly sure that it was released to aid in promoting "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer", which is pretty amazing that this diamond came out of that pile of offal.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Batman was 100% justified in throwing that right cross, ill-advised or not

Yes - the real issue here is why Clark didn't beat him to the punch.

Literally.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

plainswalker75 posted:

Is that Charles Bronson on the $5?

In our world Ronald Reagan became president, in Watchmen's world it was Robert Redford and in Injustice's it was Charles Bronson.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Gaz-L posted:

Deadman

If it's Deadman one of the abilities better drat well be him possessing the opponent and making them punch themselves a whole lot.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Well, there's a website that lists when they've "encountered" each other but it doesn't go and actually use the words "team up".

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

To the cursed Reed Richards, and assorted family and associates,

Doom sends you his regards and condolences on your recent lost. Doom, too, morns the loss of Johnathan Storm.

Surely, there is no greater tragedy than of the Human Torch sacrificing himself to save the universe from Annihilus and his Negative Zone underlings. The only suitable death for him would be sacrificing himself to save the universe from Doctor Victor Von Doom!

Yours Sincerely,
Dr. Victor Von Doom

P.s. A care package for the children will follow soon.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

He's only trying to stop the 'positive' Universe from consuming the Negative Zone as it expands. Truly, that weird bug dude is the hero of the story!

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Toshimo posted:

How is he holding that katana?

Magnetic Robot Arm from the looks of it. The arm, elbow, forearm and wrist/hand are separate bits connected by an invisible force, probably magmatism. The wrist/hand orb 'holds' that sword.

"My friend, my oldest ally and confidant, while we have argued in the past and I have many sins to repent for; but I am not long for this world and I wish to tell you this one, single truth afore we part ways, perhaps for the last time...

... You'd make the most bitchin' sensei for a rad Ninja Clan."

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Endless Mike posted:

Why even pretend to hold it when you can clearly just have it float all around?

Well, it's not psychokinesis, presumably, it's just a prosthetic arm but with magnets instead of joints.

I mean, it's comic books, but "a fancy arm but still an arm" would be easier to get used to than installing some sort of telekinesis-cyber-implant thing and learning how to use that. He needs to put all possible time into training his rad Ninja Clan as requested by his dead best friend and also probably spray painting the sickest wizard taking a bong hit onto the side of his van.

The wizard has 'Weedomancer' written under it.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Gologle posted:

I don't know Bruce, why don't you use Barry Allen to go to a universe where your parents aren't dead and bring them to this one? Batman is an idiot for being the greatest detective in the world.

That would deprive another Bruce Wayne of his parents.

Also, at this point the world's greatest detective has dementia/cancer so cut him some slack, yeah?

I couldn't really name any of those at his death bed, were they the JLI? I think that was Guy at the back which would kinda make a little sense as an advancing-time version of the DCU would have more of an age difference between Bruce and Guy.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Synthbuttrange posted:

why does Batman have chimps bleeding in his car so often?

Not chimps, per se, but Gorrila Grodd, Monsieur Mallah or the Ultrahumanite may have probably ended up bleeding on his car at points.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

It looks like The Champion is the only being in the Marvel Universe that ages in real time.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Archyduchess posted:

What would be funny about that?

It's a reference. Some years ago someone did some 'shops of the Spider-Man newspaper comic strip. Mysterio professed the above to Peter Parker during the 'shopped strips.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Mohawk Potato posted:

Oh hey is this continuing the story after the final or is it more like side stories?

Side stories. There's still another season and a movie to go, I think.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Gologle posted:

I want it to be a running joke that whenever Spider-Man's in poo poo he can't do anything about he just asks Mephisto to help him out.

I could see this happening in Marvel Adventures.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Mephisto just wants to feel included.

He's desperate to become relevant again, in a non-ridiculous manner, so he can get a movie deal.

"Look, Peter, they're not going to get Son-of-Satan past the execs, and the Strange sequel - if there is one - will probably go with the green eyeball guy people only know from the fighting games. I need this, man."

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

The X-Men has had multiple versions of Cyclops' son as a member, each from a different version of Jean Grey. I think they are well aware that leaving Cyclops alone with a version of Jean Grey will just lead to another one, and I don't blame them for wanting to take countermeasures.

Maybe he ought to get the snip, to be on the safe side?

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Rhyno posted:

One of those versions was a test tube baby clone created by Sinister. That Scott didn't even meet Jean until like 10 minutes before they both died.

Mr Sinister is just the most unbearable shipper.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

I would disagree, the whole "Are you the God of Hammers?" bit in Ragnarok was more of a move towards this sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You just keep being you!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I don't know why Ratcatchers I and II were criminals when they could instead be the most successful exterminators in the world.

Eventually you're gonna need more money to help feed and look after all the new friends you've made, plus vet bills. Unless you make it a subscription service where places can pay for you to keep rats away from them while the rats hang out at your place.