Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
Re-watching SG:A for about the 7th time through. I'm on Letters from Pegasus now, but going to hopefully fit in Siege Parts I-III today. Also, I'm sure this has been said before, but I'm saying it anyways. Rodney and Sheppard carried that show. If MGM has any sense, they could make an entirely new low-budget SG series off of just those two roaming some distant galaxy arguing about naming things and such.

E: And Todd should be along for the ride as the necessary alien character.

Double E: I want to hit Teyla in the face with a lamp. He said, "IF THERE WAS TIME!"

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Sinestro posted:

My all-time favorite SGA episode was the one where Jackson and McKay investigate that lab. The ending was poo poo, but all the stuff with them together was gold.

Ha! That was a good one. My jimmies still get rustled whenever I finish up any SG series. Because I know that MGM is probably never going to create anymore Stargate.

E: Also, why does this exist? And not a McKay? http://shop.mgm.com/stargate/stargate-atlantis/stargate-atlantis-dr-weir-series-1-action-figure.html

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

JetsGuy posted:

To be fair, we haven't had Stargate since SGA ended. Whether you like SGU or hate it, it's just not Stargate.

SGU was just as valid of a Stargate series as all the others. Anyone who I've met who hated SGU had the attention span of a child, and an unhealthy obsession with Michael Bay movies.

The writers tried a different approach with SGU. They tried to add more drama, and reduce the number of fire-fights and explosions. It could have gone very well since things were really starting to get interesting in Season 2 as the show was finding its voice. But the wise men of MGM/Syfy nixed that.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
So, San Diego comic-con is coming up. Anyone hear any credible rumors about what this alleged announcement about SG will be about?

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Pwnstar posted:

I'm going through Atlantis for the first time, I just saw the exploding tumours episode. I could tell what was coming the whole time, hoping I was wrong. Beckett was my favourite character too :/

Beckett was a great character. Beckett, I think, was intentionally cast to be a Stargate rendition of McCoy's character from ST:TOS. Are you doing a marathon viewing on Netflix? If so, what Season/Episode are you on now? I'm finishing up my 8th or 9th run through the entire series as I type this. By the end of your first run through, I imagine McKay will be your favorite. It might take a second time around to appreciate the McKay-Sheppard dynamic.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Tsaedje posted:

OK I've made it past the Atlantis episode with the singing, is it plain sailing from now on?

the singing? Are you referring to The Siege? With Teyla singing to the one elder who is dying?

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

It's 'Critical Mass' in Season 2, not The Siege.

Just double checked. You're right. It's 'Critical Mass.' I knew her singing took place while the city was in danger of imminent destruction. A lot of episodes start to blend together when you stream the series as background noise too often.

To Tsaedje. Yes it gets better in my opinion. Though, the show could have done without one character's story arc. Or have done it a hell of a lot differently. You will know when you hit that part in the series if you haven't already.

It's wishful thinking on my part, but the series could still be salvageable. Though, it's been several years off air now. If only MGM had some sense, or SyFy had half a brain working as the programming director.

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 27, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Flatscan posted:

I found that out the hard way a couple of days ago. I knew there was a reason I usually skipped that episode but couldn't remember what it was. Then the singing started.

On the topic of painful episodes to watch, S.5 E.5: "Ghost in the Machine."

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
I do not think I've ever seen one positive thing ever said about Teyla in this thread. And the only thing I can think of is that she has a rocking body. Anyone else got anything to add?

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

JetsGuy posted:

On a related note, the mind-control/communication thing always felt a little shoehorned in to me.

So did anything involving Dr. Weir and ascension. As I stated a few posts up, S.5 E.5 "Ghost in the Machine" was painful to watch for this reason. Somehow she alone had the knowledge on how to ascend, and could teach the rogue replicators how to do so. This irritated the poo poo out of me. Her reverence for the Ancients was over the top in general.

Noni posted:

She was good to have in scenes for exposition purposes. For a lot of the people who had been upset about the lack of feminism in sci-fi, her presence prompted them to say, "Well, if that's the strong female character you're going to give us, just loving forget we ever said anything."

Lack of feminism in Sci-Fi sounds like a load of poo poo to me. There are many examples in both film and television of strong female characters in Science Fiction.

Sigourney Weaver
Gillian Anderson
Deanna Troi(ST:TNG she'll get in your head, yo)
Claudia Christian (Susan Ivanova B5)
Kate Mulgrew (ST:VOY Cpt. Janeway)
Linda Hamilton (Sarah Connor the original, but I suppose Cersei counts as well)

These are just some names that came to mind after a minute or two of thinking. I'm sure I could come up with a dozen or more. Oh, another one Amanda Tapping.

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Jun 28, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
Watch, The Captains streaming on Netflix. Two things. 1) Scott Bakula should not be remembered as a Star Trek Captain. Enterprise was a gods drat abortion. 2)Shatner interviewing Kate Mulgrew will surprise you with some of the things she says regarding women in Hollywood, and in leadership positions.

e: And Shatner will surprise you with some of the things he says about women. Then again, maybe he wont.

↓↓↓↓

bobkatt013 posted:

Is that the one that proves that The Sisko is completely batshit insane?

Yes. Avery Brooks is a little quirky. Not sure if he is high, or maybe early-onset dementia of a sort. Also, was a Professor at Rutgers University apparently.

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 28, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

lovely Treat posted:

They still should of made the SGA movie instead though :3:

Maybe in 11 days the noise we are hearing about an announcement regarding Stargate will be another movie. Would like another series, but I really doubt that will be it. I would gladly settle with a movie based on SG-1 or SGA. SGA especially, the Wraith could be on their way to the Milky Way as I type this. :stare:

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Well, gently caress the lot of MGM.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Instant Sunrise posted:

Or it's because the Stargate program is run by the Department of Defense :v:

Do you mean the same Department of Defense that has a loving space shuttle program?

:colbert:

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

Maybe I'm missing the joke but the reason the space shuttle sucked so much dick was that the DoD was involved and wanted it to be a satellite kidnapper and a space truck in addition to, you know, being a shuttle.

I guess you got me there. I'll need to edit my bad attempt at some humor. Because honestly, nothing good ever came out of the space shuttle program. Nothing. :circlefap:

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Haywood Japwnme posted:

That picture is pretty recent (June 2012), it was all over the news because the DoD or whoever actually has their own secret shuttle program. That's not the same type of shuttle that was just recently retired.

Air Force runs it. Not sure what private contractors are also involved. Off the top of my head probably Northrop Grumman, Boeing, or Raytheon. Regardless, it falls under the DoD. Was orbiting earth for months before it was spotted by amateur astronomers if I recall correctly. Makes one wonder what other neat stuff the DoD might have its hand in.

e: Also, it is entirely unmanned. So, ya know, Pakistan, you might want to reconsider your position with harboring Islamic extremists.

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 6, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

James R posted:

There really is a Stargate. Remember the episode with Wormhole X-Treme? Meta!

Haywood Japwnme posted:

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

I must verify this with my sources.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

JetsGuy posted:

:lol: What? The shuttle "sucked so much dick"? Hahahahahhahahahahahaha
I'm not joking by the way, public opinion of "NASA being a waste of money" amazes me when the total budget of NASA is literally nothing, like $19B.

Can't underscore this enough. Its contributions to medicine alone are astounding. Yet we still waste money on things like the Osprey(30Billion last I remember) which still is a crap-shoot when taking off and landing.

http://www.nasa.gov/externalflash/MedicalBenefits/main.html

Wikipedia posted:

Controversy
The V-22's development process has been long and controversial, partly due to its large cost increases.[41] The V-22's development budget was first planned for $2.5 billion in 1986, then increased to a projected $30 billion in 1988.[25] As of 2008, $27 billion had been spent on the Osprey program and another $27.2 billion will be required to complete planned production numbers by the end of the program.[18]
Its [The V-22's] production costs are considerably greater than for helicopters with equivalent capability—specifically, about twice as great as for the CH-53E, which has a greater payload and an ability to carry heavy equipment the V-22 cannot... an Osprey unit would cost around $60 million to produce, and $35 million for the helicopter equivalent.
—Michael E. O'Hanlon, 2002.[42]
The V-22 squadron's former commander at Marine Corps Air Station New River, Lieutenant Colonel Odin Lieberman, was relieved of duty in 2001 after allegations that he instructed his unit that they needed to falsify maintenance records to make the plane appear more reliable.[18][43] Three officers were later implicated in the falsification scandal.[41]
The aircraft is incapable of autorotation to make a safe landing in helicopter mode if both engines fail. A director of the Pentagon's testing office in 2005 said that if the Osprey loses power while flying like a helicopter below 1,600 feet (490 m), emergency landings "are not likely to be survivable". But Captain Justin "Moon" McKinney, a V-22 pilot, says there is an alternative, "We can turn it into a plane and glide it down, just like a C-130".[38] A complete loss of power would require the failure of both engines, as one engine can power both proprotors via interconnected drive shafts.[44] While vortex ring state (VRS) contributed to a deadly V-22 accident, the aircraft is less susceptible to the condition than conventional helicopters based on flight testing.[5] But a GAO report stated the V-22 to be "less forgiving than conventional helicopters" during this phenomenon.[45] In addition, several test flights to explore the V-22's VRS characteristics in greater detail were canceled.[46] The Marines now train new pilots in the recognition of and recovery from VRS and have instituted operational envelope limits and instrumentation to help pilots avoid VRS conditions.[25][47]
With the first combat deployment of the MV-22 in October 2007, Time Magazine ran an article condemning the aircraft as unsafe, overpriced, and completely inadequate.[38] The Marine Corps responded by arguing that much of the article's data were dated, obsolete, inaccurate, and reflected expectations that ran too high for any new field of aircraft.[48]
The V-22 has a maximum rotor downwash speed above 80 knots, more than the 64 knots lower limit of a hurricane.[49][50] However, it is possible to fast rope from the V-22.[51]
The Osprey has overcome problems such as hydraulic fires in the nacelles, vortex ring state, unarmed landings in hostile territory, and lack of autorotation.[52]

But yeah, the Shuttle program was such a gigantic cluster gently caress that produced nothing beneficial to society. :circlefap:

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jul 6, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

General Battuta posted:

Nobody has said this in the entire thread :confused:

IRQ posted:

Maybe I'm missing the joke but the reason the space shuttle sucked so much dick was that the DoD was involved and wanted it to be a satellite kidnapper and a space truck in addition to, you know, being a shuttle.

Wasn't explicit, but seemed implied in his "space shuttle sucked so much dick" statement.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

General Battuta posted:

The reason he's talking about DoD involvement is because a lot of people think that military pressures on the design led to compromises that proved unsafe or an impediment to the shuttle's mission, like unnecessarily huge wings for Vandenberg landings. 'Did not do its job as well as it could have' is not the same as 'never benefited society or worked in any way'.

Oh, come on now. I think it's obvious I was using some hyperbole. But for you to equate his "space shuttle sucked so much dick" statement with, "It could have done better", is just as far off the mark.

e: Additionally, had he cited Vandenberg landings, and other specific short comings in the Space shuttle, it would be a non-issue. But let me just make this clear. It all started when I made a joke about the Air Force(DoD) operating their own space shuttle program right now when another poster made a joke about why the Stargate on earth didn't have a typical DHD. Was not even talking about the original space shuttle. Was referring to the X-37B.

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 6, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

1)Congratulations on completely missing the point then.

2)Exactly, and I have no idea how that was unclear considering I stated exactly why the shuttle was a failure!

3)I have no idea how you get "gently caress space exploration" out of that.

1)Your point, now that I know a little more about what it was your were trying to convey, was ambiguous at best. So what I'm saying is, you suck at making points. Also, you even admitted your ignorance when the picture I had posted was not of the actually space shuttle, but of the scaled down version created for the Air Force's own program.

2)It was unclear because, it was unclear. You just said DoD and some :downswords: and then assumed your audience would know you were talking about whatever shortcomings that were in your head that you had failed to present in your post. It was just "gently caress the shuttle" "gently caress DoD involvement" with almost no substance to support your claim.

3)We interpreted it as, "gently caress space exploration", because you flat out said "the shuttle sucks dick" when, whatever it shortcomings may be, will still be regarded in history as one of the biggest steps we have taken towards our venturing out into space.

You see, it was your tone. Your attitude that was all wrong. Though, now that you have clarified your point a little better, I see where you are coming from.

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jul 6, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

It'll be regarded as why space exploration stagnated for 40+ years.

You cannot blame NASA for overextending the shuttle program. They did what they could with the funds allocated to them. If you want to blame anyone, it is our elected officials who have continued to fail our generation. Many of these elderly, rich, white gentlemen should not be allowed to continue to steal our oxygen. Also, blame yourself. When is the last time you called your Senator or Congressman and complained that they need to invest more in STEM and NASA and less in poo poo projects like the Osprey as I pointed out earlier. I know my congressmen, Pat Meehan is a special kind of piece of poo poo who hopefully will only be a single term congressman.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

truth masseuse posted:

You cannot blame NASA for overextending the shuttle program. They did what they could with the funds allocated to them. If you want to blame anyone, it is our elected officials who have continued to fail our generation. Many of these elderly, rich, white gentlemen should not be allowed to continue to steal our oxygen. Also, blame yourself. When is the last time you called your Senator or Congressman and complained that they need to invest more in STEM and NASA and less in poo poo projects like the Osprey as I pointed out earlier. I know my congressmen, Pat Meehan is a special kind of piece of poo poo who hopefully will only be a single term congressman.

e:We were all quick to organize a blackout for SOPA. I'd have no problem participating in a day long blackout where I do nothing but harass congressmen and senators all mother loving day. Because, honestly, gently caress the lot of them.

Well, this is embarrassing. mea culpa.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

golgo13sf posted:

Hey guys, have you seen the Stargate thread?

Noted. Sorry for the derail. So, Teyla is probably the best character in all of Stargate.

e: Theories as to why this romance never quite took off?

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 6, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Flatscan posted:

The only thing which could have made SGU any more perfect than it already was would have been the inclusion of a Teyla singing montage in every episode.

Too much hate on SGU in this thread. I mean, poo poo, it had Col. La Bamba.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

We've seen that it can be powered from the other side if it has a functioning DHD as long as you've got enough power to start the connection, like a bolt of lightning or something like that.

Bolt of lightning. That's nothing. McKay once started a Stargate using an Electroencephalograph and about two dozen electrodes hooked up to his massive brain. :colbert:

I'd like to see Carter top that.

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 7, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
e: grammar.

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jul 7, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

JetsGuy posted:

I found out my neighbor loved the movie, I have now gotten him onto watching SG1. Another convert for the cause!

What's our cause again? Spreading Origin?

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Noni posted:

Not all of them. The unfrozen south pole chick with the dreadlocks was like some sort of female Jesus. She came back to life and then died for the sins of SG-1. What's more, she actually pretended to like Jonas Quinn.

Then again, the rest of The Ancients left her stranded on Earth a million years ago, those loving dicks.

Merlin was a decent Ancient in assisting to get rid of the Ori. But then again he did invad Daniel's mind which could have killed him. What a dick.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
S.5 E.3 Orlin runs up Sam's credit card bill so that he can build his own Stargate. Also, he broke the woman's toaster and microwave. Giant dick.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

golgo13sf posted:

That kid is such a poo poo actor.

It wasn't poo poo acting. He was an Ancient. And so he was just being a dick by phoning in the lines.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
Stargate: Atlantis has been pulled from Netflix streaming :argh: Guess it's back to SG-1 for white noise while I study for finals. Pick a season to for me start over again with. Preferably somewhere in the middle. Additionally, does anyone else think its rather convienent that, after bashing the Ancients for being such dicks the past week or so, Atlantis is no longer available? Oma Desala, where are you hiding? :tinfoil:

Mu Zeta posted:

Whenever they met an Ancient it was some significant person. I wish they met a preserved Ancient that was just a security guard.

I am right there with you. Except I want to meet the Ancients on the wrong side of the bell curve when it comes to intelligence. There had to have been some mouth breathers.

Name that episode.
"I've always had a weakness for dumb blondes."

"Go suck a lemon."

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Aug 8, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
e: oops. mea culpa.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

kingturnip posted:

I've just (almost) finished watching SG1, SGA and SGU since starting in January.

I've got Continuum and Ark of Truth to go, but I'll get to them at some point. I actually own SG1 seasons 1-3 on DVD, but it's been ages since I watched them, so I generally watched the first few minutes of each episode and if it didn't ring a bell (or if it looked plot-important) I sat through the rest of it.

Anyway, after 6 months of viewing, some thoughts on the various series.

:words:
I tend to agree with you. SG-1 Seasons 3-8ish were where a lot of the magic happened. Once John Crichton and Aeryn Sun crossed over from Farscape things get a little shaky. The Ori arc isn't very well liked by a lot of people. I love Claudia Black though. Still a couple of good episodes in the last few seasons.

Watch SG:A again, but don't take it too seriously. The McKay-Sheppard dynamic is what carried the show. It is constant shenanigans with those two. In some respects I liked it more than SG-1 but they are distinct in their own ways. I've said it before, they should just put those two in a puddle jumper wandering the Universe just naming all sorts of things. Sheppard could have been Mensa you know?

SG:U was aborted prematurely. It seemed to be finding its voice around mid-end of Season of 2. But alas, now we have no Stargate. At all. Your biggest problem was who Lt. Scott was having sex with?

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Aug 12, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
Oh gently caress this. I'm cancelling Netflix.

FuriousxGeorge posted:

I never gave SGU a fair shot but I will now, it will suck if I like it because I'll feel responsible for not watching and helping the ratings tank when it aired.

It really doesn't pick up until around mid season 2. Unfortunately, the powers that be gave us more wrastling and emotional vampires. But, I am giving SyFy a second chance with Alphas. It is drat decent.

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Aug 15, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
:tinfoil: Who said nanobots? :tinfoil:

e: Goodbye Netflix. Hello, Amazon Prime.

Streaming quality seems better...

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Aug 15, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

JetsGuy posted:

OK, so handwaving. The real answer, as always comes to us through the wisdom of MST3K:

"...repeat to yourself: 'it's just a show, I should really just relax.' "

Suspension of disbelief and enjoy, I like to tell myself.

Watching Season 9 Episode 1. Merlin, what a dick.

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 16, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

SGA takes a bit to figure itself out yeah. Once they get done with some casting changes and McKay and Shepard's chemistry really starts to come out it's a much better show.

Also, the rapport Sheppard and Todd developed had its moments. And Ronan was more than just poor man's T'ealc as a lot of people suggested.

It was Weir and Teyla who not only brought the show down, but the writers just would not let go of Weir for some reason. Even after she "died" like what, twice?

Oh, and the whole Michael arc. What the hell was that? Would have been interesting to introduce the Asgard in Pegasus as an enemy instead. Or expand on The Travelers and Genii some more.

I'm currently on Season 5 again of SG:A. Might skip to the last 4 episodes then restart SG-1 or SGU. Probably Sg-1 since it has more replay value than SGU.

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Sep 23, 2012

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

Tealc also loves ice cream and Star Wars.

And I think after he settled into the first 15minutes of the Vagina Monologues he probably enjoyed that as well.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

abstemious posted:

I've nearly finished SGA season 1. I don't really have a problem with Weir so far (though I preferred the other actress who played her first in SG1). Teyla is terrible and there are too many scientific prima donnas, with the doctor being the worst of them. I've warmed to McKay a lot after finding him a bit insufferable for the first few episodes. I have to admit I don't care much for Sheppard at this point: he seems like a bit of a B-rate Luke Wilson so far.

Keep watching. You will do a 180° with regards to a lot of what you said. Except for Teyla and Weir. They suck. Focus on Dr. "Meredith" Rodney McKay and Sheppard. And keep an eye out for a fellow named Todd. With regards to Dr. Carson, I don't recall my first impression of him. I can only say it gets better from here with the exception of a couple of arcs.

e: V V

Snak posted:

The biggest problem with Dr. Weir is that she doesn't do anything.

Not true. She is the foremost expert on the path to Ascension. Why and how? Well, I could not tell you. Do not think the writers could either.

Kempo Yellow Belt fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

Mu Zeta posted:

Daniel should have been in charge of Atlantis from the start since he's an expert on the language and, oh yeah, he only worked on discovering the place for like 3 years and is the most important discovery of mankind

Wasn't Shanks always holding out for more money? At least that is what I've heard repeated a few times in this thread.

And I'm sure in hindsight, there is a lot that they would have done differently. I really hope to see another Stargate series within the next 5 years. Or a reboot of B5 would be interesting.